Fuji-Vega Rom, Fast and Smooth, Overclock 1.4 ghz (25/04/2011)

Guest alphaola

Guest spacecadetuk

no joy, now trying this, i've deleted the flash apk from the ROM and swapped it for the one you've given me to download and going to flash with that, fingers crossed

Guest spacecadetuk

well thats stopped the error i was getting but i have to install flash everytime i reboot, calling it a night now bit fed up with it but any suggestions would be appreciated, i would like to keep using this ROM lots of nice little tweaks but may have to go back to the standard R8 just for my sanity

Tried this rom yesterday night.

All fine except the home button in stock bar doesn't work. Tried wipping the device and starting from scratch, but no joy.

Back to CM7.

Expect for this "small detail" and the mui music app being in ¿Chinese? , the rom was very nice and fluent.

well thats stopped the error i was getting but i have to install flash everytime i reboot, calling it a night now bit fed up with it but any suggestions would be appreciated, i would like to keep using this ROM lots of nice little tweaks but may have to go back to the standard R8 just for my sanity

You could use titanium backup to uninstall the system installed Flash, reboot and then install the file provided.

Should stop it reverting on subsequent reboots.

(but keep the downloaded version handy :D )

Edited by unowho

Can you give me more info on the optimisations made by tjohnsonjr?

I've extracted the original 1.09 image and compared to your Fuji update - there're a lot of differences in the filesizes of the APKs - e.g

AcountAndSyncSettings.apk - Fuji 107K, Vega 165K

ApplicationsProvider.apk - Fuji 16K, Vega 19K

and so on ....

Did you base this on RC8, was RC8 based on 1.08 or 1.09?

Edit: Just installed 0.4. Not sure I like the Honeycomb addons. The plain white textboxes now have a blue inlay that stretches horribly. The Honeycomb toolbar doesn't really look so nice. I'm not even a fan of the Honeycomb intro animation (prefer the Vega one) :huh:

Is Honeycomb the only addition to 0.4? i.e. is 0.3 exactly the same without Honeycomb addons.

Edited by yabbas

I really like this room. THe honeycoom look is really cool. Thanks for the effort.

But no matter how many times I install it, the home button on the screen does not work, tried factory reset , reflashing etc... but no joy.

Also, couldn't connect to wifi and the screen gliches seem to be more frecuent.

keep up the good job!

Edited by Melted

Guest spacecadetuk

thanks for the work, like the look of the updates, still got the flash problem but i've given up trying to sort that, tried all the suggestions and more but still have to install it everytime from cold boot but its a problem i'll live with because i really like this package.Thanks again. :huh:

Guest Minimonkey
thanks for the work, like the look of the updates, still got the flash problem but i've given up trying to sort that, tried all the suggestions and more but still have to install it everytime from cold boot but its a problem i'll live with because i really like this package.Thanks again. :huh:

Had the same problem on v3 but installed flash after v4 and given a few cold boots and it still works. Try the version I use below

http://db.tt/yCH4p5A

Great Rom!

Guest matthijskox

Like this ROM very much, however, i don't like the background of the text input screens and some of the drop-down boxes are hard to read because of the textures used. Is there any way to change text input fields to plain white and to replace the textures for the drop-down boxes to stock?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest vikcbr

Your rom is great! but.... i think you must remove textures background of the inputs text.

Thanks for your rom and thanks for giving a new life to my tablet!

Guest stoolzo
Your rom is great! but.... i think you must remove textures background of the inputs text.

Thanks for your rom and thanks for giving a new life to my tablet!

+1 please remove the textures on the the input boxes.

Also flash doesn't play HD in HD anynore, can only get 480p / HQ on youtube or browser

• 3 weeks later...
Guest spacecadetuk

Tried v5 and now i'm f***ed, i picked always use vtl launcher at start up and now all i get is vtl.launcher (process android.process.acore)has stopped unexpectedly, and then i have to force close but because i ticked it as always use vtl i can't do anything with it as it just constantly force closes, tried getting into recovery to reflash with stock etc and can't get that to work either now after an hour of trying to get into recovery, don't ya just love Monday mornings :)

Guest spacecadetuk

i just can't get into recovery at all, is there anything i do whilst the vega is actually in android, the background stuff works i.e i can see i've got e-mails in the notification bar i just can't access anything because the vtl launcher keeps force closing, getting very stressed :)

Guest spacecadetuk

nevermind finally got into recovery and flashed back to stock, there really should be a better way than that poxy button pressing nonsense

still can't install v5 even from a clean install of stock rom 1.9 just sits there with the little green android not doing anything, now reflashing stock again and going back to corvus

Edited by spacecadetuk

Guest dagrim1

Hmmm, gonna give it a try later this evening. Never had too many issues with the recovery method. Just make sure the device is off when starting with it, perhaps I've just been lucky so far though :)

Guest alphaola
nevermind finally got into recovery and flashed back to stock, there really should be a better way than that poxy button pressing nonsense

still can't install v5 even from a clean install of stock rom 1.9 just sits there with the little green android not doing anything, now reflashing stock again and going back to corvus

Sorry to hear about that,I made alil bit of change to the one I uploaded that might have gone wrong. Will check file when i finish from work.

Guest steviesteve

Flashed over Corvus 4 just fine for me - all my apps in place and everything. Dont ask me, but theres something about this ROM that I really like and I reckon it will become my favourtie over Corvus 4!!!!! Thank you alphaola

Guest gebby
Flashed over Corvus 4 just fine for me - all my apps in place and everything. Dont ask me, but theres something about this ROM that I really like and I reckon it will become my favourtie over Corvus 4!!!!! Thank you alphaola

Had the same problem with the FuJi-Rom, it all transfers with no problems, as soon as you select a launcher it goes tits-up, i'm sure its just a tweek, i'll give it another try when it's been tweeked back into happy land. I have to say at 60 years old i've never had so much fun with all this rom and program tweeks, there is a saying, if at first you don't suceed keep trying. Thanks for all your efforts and personal time, we really do love you guy's, now where is another Rom I can Try ...lol

Guest chrisrich85

Lol i should really least last page of the post, ive flashed this 4 times now with same issues with the launcher ill wait for an update :)