Fuji-Vega Rom, Fast and Smooth, Overclock 1.4 ghz (25/04/2011)

Guest alphaola

Guest HunteronX
Lol i should really least last page of the post, ive flashed this 4 times now with same issues with the launcher ill wait for an update :)

I've had the same issue too. Is it a (file) permissions problem?

Guest mintvilla
Sorry guys,silly me uploaded the wrong one. Ready for download now Fuji-Vega v0.5

Please let me know how you guys get on and would like feedback on the rom

love the rom, flashed it over 0.4, just one thing - the hardware buttons now are all different?? or isit just me, but all the 4 buttons including volume rocker, is just now a back button? i cant even switch the screen off. can still switch it off with 6second press though. would prefer it with hardwar buttons left alone.

bar that the only thing i thing could make this rom any better, was if there was a way to change the notification system to the way its done on the vegan tab roms. Though i assume this is unlikely, was just a suggestion on ways it could be improved.

oh and if the honeycomb circle battery could be added, i think that looks nicer than than the battery bar, but that might just be me.

Guest alphaola
love the rom, flashed it over 0.4, just one thing - the hardware buttons now are all different?? or isit just me, but all the 4 buttons including volume rocker, is just now a back button? i cant even switch the screen off. can still switch it off with 6second press though. would prefer it with hardwar buttons left alone.

bar that the only thing i thing could make this rom any better, was if there was a way to change the notification system to the way its done on the vegan tab roms. Though i assume this is unlikely, was just a suggestion on ways it could be improved.

oh and if the honeycomb circle battery could be added, i think that looks nicer than than the battery bar, but that might just be me.

Am not having any of such issue,the hardware button work the way they should work. Try full wipe. Want to leave the notification bar the way it is for now but might provide flashable zip.

For the circle bar,its still abit rough. so when time permit will try to sort out and provide as flashable zip.

Guest spacecadetuk

I've been brave and tried again and everything seems fine this time, no problems with hardware buttons.

Thanks for the work and effort putting this together.

Guest dagrim1

Just flashed it and initally had some issues with root... Titanium couldn't get root, etc. Finally got it to work with oneclickroot...

Now my gallery doesn't show anything. Just getting a 'There are no items in your collection' message (while there are pictures on the sd-card).

Also not too fond of all the transations (flipping all around, rotating, etc... I like transitions but just keeping it simple :) )

Other then that, no complaints and seems very fast. Also like the HC style.

*Edit*

Hmmmm, no wifi on during standby? That means I'm going back to corvus rom, can't 'live' without it atm I'm afraid.

Edited by dagrim1

Guest alphaola
Just flashed it and initally had some issues with root... Titanium couldn't get root, etc. Finally got it to work with oneclickroot...

Now my gallery doesn't show anything. Just getting a 'There are no items in your collection' message (while there are pictures on the sd-card).

Also not too fond of all the transations (flipping all around, rotating, etc... I like transitions but just keeping it simple :) )

Other then that, no complaints and seems very fast. Also like the HC style.

go to settings--->unmount and remount your sd card. that should sort it out

Guest phil8715
go to settings--->unmount and remount your sd card. that should sort it out

Is it Honeycombe based or Froyo?

Also does the WIFI work with it?

Guest mintvilla

ive done full wipe and this is cleared the hardware buttons ive had (which was kinda weird to be honest lol) the only little niggle now is i dont think i have the full market, i reinstalled all my apps, but amazon uk wasnt there? rom finder wasnt there also?

Guest gstonian

Thanks for this, put it on last night and really enjoying the new look n feel.

Not sure if it's 100% related but the usb mode doesn't appear to work now. Has anyone else tested this? I've uninstalled 'usb mode' and re-installed using the apk posted by Paul in other thread but just wanted to find out if other people may have the same issue but maybe just not discovered it yet?

The issue is when i select one of the modes it just sits there with a circle telling me it's going to reboot but never does. I've left it for over 5mins before giving up on it.

Keep up the great work :)

Guest alphaola
Thanks for this, put it on last night and really enjoying the new look n feel.

Not sure if it's 100% related but the usb mode doesn't appear to work now. Has anyone else tested this? I've uninstalled 'usb mode' and re-installed using the apk posted by Paul in other thread but just wanted to find out if other people may have the same issue but maybe just not discovered it yet?

The issue is when i select one of the modes it just sits there with a circle telling me it's going to reboot but never does. I've left it for over 5mins before giving up on it.

Keep up the great work :)

Use Paul's visionary to root the device, then trry the usb again. will add the visionary apk to first page lata.

Guest dagrim1
Use Paul's visionary to root the device, then trry the usb again. will add the visionary apk to first page lata.

Alphaola, is it correct that enabling wifi during sleep is absent? Didn't see the options in the advanced wifi setttings...

Edited by dagrim1

Guest chrisrich85

Hi,

is anyone else having an issue flashing this rom? im doing it from windows using the script and its flashing over the standard advent rom. When the tablet reboots it just goes to a black screen and i have flash the standard rom from recovery again.

Guest crumb
Hi,

is anyone else having an issue flashing this rom? im doing it from windows using the script and its flashing over the standard advent rom. When the tablet reboots it just goes to a black screen and i have flash the standard rom from recovery again.

Yeah mine is doing the same also.

Help !!!!

Guest chrisrich85
Yeah mine is doing the same also.

Help !!!!

Finally got it working by flashing modaco rom and using clockwork mod.

now i cant get titanium backup to work because it says the rom is not rooted, is this the case???

Guest alphaola
Finally got it working by flashing modaco rom and using clockwork mod.

now i cant get titanium backup to work because it says the rom is not rooted, is this the case???

Use Paul visionary to root it. Will add to first page lata. Cheers. Also I thk for now the Rom can only be installed using clockwork. Will edit post to reflect that.

Guest chrisrich85
Use Paul visionary to root it. Will add to first page lata. Cheers. Also I thk for now the Rom can only be installed using clockwork. Will edit post to reflect that.

Yeah sorry that's my fault for not reading whole post, ive got that on having trouble using it but ill work that out. Rom looks great so far though :)

I try to install this rom via adb but it don't boot (pov mobii tegra with vega v. 1,09 original rom).

Hi,

yes, me too

Edited by boh

Guest crumb

Can any of you guys walk me through this please. I have been reading the threads all afternoon but still have got not no further forward. I am trying to get the clockwork mod working. Please help, my Vega has been lying in a drawer for a couple of months as i find it useless to work with, but i want to put a rom onto it and start using it again.

Either that or can someone tell me how much i would get for it if i sold it. It has to be the worst gadget i have ever owned with no support from Advent The Vega and i are bothj useless

Guest premieral
Can any of you guys walk me through this please. I have been reading the threads all afternoon but still have got not no further forward. I am trying to get the clockwork mod working. Please help, my Vega has been lying in a drawer for a couple of months as i find it useless to work with, but i want to put a rom onto it and start using it again.

Either that or can someone tell me how much i would get for it if i sold it. It has to be the worst gadget i have ever owned with no support from Advent The Vega and i are bothj useless

What stage are you at with your vega? still on stock rom? there is a ton of help on here type what you want in search, recently a lot of new users have been posting about their attempts so have a go, whats the worst that could happen . Give people an idea of how to help with a bit more detail and you will be amazed at how willing they are

**** edit *****

forgot to say to to get clockwork mod working download vega tools to your pc and you are home and dry

Edited by premieral