Fuji-Vega Rom, Fast and Smooth, Overclock 1.4 ghz (25/04/2011)

Guest alphaola

Guest crumb

Hi, first can i thank you for replying. I tried to install the Fuji ROM, but thru USB but only got a black screen, So had to reinstall the stock vega rom. I was then trying to install the Fuji rom using Clockwork mod, but dont understand it. I will go download the Vegatools and see what happens

thanks

Guest premieral
Hi, first can i thank you for replying. I tried to install the Fuji ROM, but thru USB but only got a black screen, So had to reinstall the stock vega rom. I was then trying to install the Fuji rom using Clockwork mod, but dont understand it. I will go download the Vegatools and see what happens

thanks

To do a new rom install with cwm ,download directly onto your vega the rom zip you want.

using vega tools install paul o briens clockwork recovery and recovery app.

then on vega use recovery app to get into recovery mode

once you are in recovery mode ( vega will reboot and enter clockwork mod recovery if you have it installed properly ) easy to tell, then at this stage you will have a number of options on the screen which before you flash a new rom should be done.

first do a complete backup, move to the header you want with the volume as up/down keys and use the power button to select.

backup takes a while but is essential

then after backup, wipe the cache partition and under advanced the dalvik cache which removes any lingering stuff from the old rom you backed up

then after all this go to the heading marked install from a zip file ( or something like ) and search normally in downloads for the rom file you downloaded.

select it and let cwm do the rest.

once it is finished it will go back to option to reboot ,,,, so reboot and enjoy.

if it goes wrong re flash in the same way or to return to your original rom just do a restore from cwm.

pm me if you get stuck and i will try to help more :)

Guest crumb
To do a new rom install with cwm ,download directly onto your vega the rom zip you want.

once you are in recovery mode ( vega will reboot and enter clockwork mod recovery if you have it installed properly ) easy to tell, then at this stage you will have a number of options on the screen which before you flash a new rom should be done.

first do a complete backup, move to the header you want with the volume as up/down keys and use the power button to select.

then after backup, wipe the cache partition and under advanced the dalvik cache which removes any lingering stuff from the old rom you backed up

then after all this go to the heading marked install from a zip file ( or something like ) and search normally in downloads for the rom file you downloaded.

once it is finished it will go back to option to reboot ,,,, so reboot and enjoy.

if it goes wrong re flash in the same way or to return to your original rom just do a restore from cwm.

I am in recovery mode and backing it up now :) i will keep you imformed. thanks again for all your help, you are a superstar :)

Guest premieral
I am in recovery mode and backing it up now :) i will keep you imformed. thanks again for all your help, you are a superstar :)

Sounds like you are there :) have fun with all the roms i have , and you will have a few squeeky bum times when it seems to die but you will soon learn it is unkillable

Guest alphaola

Thanks for this, would add to first page.

Guest crumb
Sounds like you are there :) have fun with all the roms i have , and you will have a few squeeky bum times when it seems to die but you will soon learn it is unkillable

Thanks again, it works brilliantly for the first time since i bought it. I cant thank you enough. Now where is all these roms i keep reading about :)

Guest alphaola
Updated, looks nice. im still using launcher pro. Is there any advantages to using VTL?

VTL much optimised for tablet and you can apply adw theme from the market.

nice job, i'm tring this rom and i dont't find any bug until now, good job. i try to use ntfs pen drive and it works well and my 3g internal card modem works too.

Edited by boh

Guest snowwall

Great work mate ...would say even perfect work !!!! Good looking, sexy and fancy animation, fast smooth, integrated ... wow super experience. I'll keep it.

Just a thing : do not calibrate screen while charging. Spent an hour to unlock the screen and find the calibration shortcut again.

As a suggestion or it may be related to my own tablet, USB toogle Slave Host is not working any more... not asking for SU Permissions and thus not changing the USB mode.

Thanx a looooooooooooooooooooot !!

Arno

Guest alphaola
Does this use corvus latest kernal?

The kernel was taken from CM7 by mad-murdock which can be overclock to 1.4ghz

Edited by alphaola

Guest bespin

Great rom this not had any problems with it love the new one. Only thing I'd ask is to make the notification bar a little more solid as you can not read the writing on it at the moment easily

Guest Youaintseenme

Thanks for such a great Rom, so fast and smooth. Currently running version 6 as version 7 is great but I have the wifi set to turn off when screen goes off and even though you can set this in the wifi settings the wifi doesn't appear to come back on again when the screen is turned on. It will activate again if you go into the settings.

Once again many thanks.

Guest premieral

have just come to this from corvus5 and cant believe how good it is and how good it looks, i think i have found my nirvana :mellow: would just add though that the notification bar text needs to be white to show up better. Thanks for all your work

Guest sipart
have just come to this from corvus5 and cant believe how good it is and how good it looks, i think i have found my nirvana :mellow: would just add though that the notification bar text needs to be white to show up better. Thanks for all your work

Just gone to corvus5 and mighty impressed (using honeycomb theme so notification bar looks the same) - do you mind expanding on the differences - might try this if it has some good benefits. Thanks in advance.

Edited by sipart

Guest alphaola

Thanks,will look into it.I guess stuffs like that make for new update.lol

Guest premieral
Just gone to corvus5 and mighty impressed (using honeycomb theme so notification bar looks the same) - do you mind expanding on the differences - might try this if it has some good benefits. Thanks in advance.

Not used the honeycomb theme so cant really comment on that but the whole room has a honeycomb appearance, blue edging to text boxes, full colour settings screen, just all cosmetic really but too me it is perfect just what i have wanted. And it has the best of corvus5 the fixed accelerometer the overclocking so it is just a personal preference but it will take a lot to get me from this rom now

Guest chockimon

Nice ROM, but there's one major problem as I can't apply my own wallpapers. If you use the 32bit Gallery, the selection won't allow me to select the entire screen, only a square and then when you apply the wallpaper, it's zoomed in really close. Is this a bug, if not what's causing it?

This method worked before with every other ROM I've tried. Apart from this problem, nice work and definitely one of the best ROMS yet.

Guest premieral
Nice ROM, but there's one major problem as I can't apply my own wallpapers. If you use the 32bit Gallery, the selection won't allow me to select the entire screen, only a square and then when you apply the wallpaper, it's zoomed in really close. Is this a bug, if not what's causing it?

This method worked before with every other ROM I've tried. Apart from this problem, nice work and definitely one of the best ROMS yet.

this is not a bug with this rom it is to do with the screen size of the vega and is an issue with the launcher you use (except stock i think), there are several posts on this forum, so if you want to keep the wallpaper as you want it you either have to revert to stock launcher and its many limitations or resize your images with an image editor :mellow:

Edited by premieral