Fuji-Vega Rom, Fast and Smooth, Overclock 1.4 ghz (25/04/2011)

Guest alphaola

Guest casey99
I'm Phil's Mrs, who was having the problems with the Vega. After many attempts, I managed to get the Vega into recovery using the back/power button method. It took a while to get it into recovery, then it was a struggle to get the stock rom back onto it, before moving to the Modaco R8 rom, then install the CWM and finally the Fuji rom. The biggest problem was getting the computer to read the presence of the Vega, as the ADB was a pain, even using the AUDI drivers. I got there in the end, though.

Anyway, I'm back on the Fuji rom now, but I am worried about trying to install the updates mentioned earlier in this thread, for fear of disabling the Vega again, and having to go through all the rigmarole again. I am no stranger to modding and installing roms, but I don't want to lose the functionality of the tablet. If someone was to tell me which files to download, and walk me through the procedure step by step, I may be willing to try again. Do I run them through CWM, installing them as updates, or is there another method I would be best using?

There is a link at the top of this page to the 0.2 kernel, I used CWM to install it using the "install zip from sd card" option, followed by "choose zip file from sd card" (I'm not 100% sure of the wording, but you will see what I mean). After rebooting go back into CWM again and do exactly the same with the Sp1 update file, (It can be found on the first page of the Corvus 5 thread, I think the second post). Then if that works you can choose a new colour theme for the notification bar at the top, the files for that are also on the first page of the Corvus 5 thread and the procedure is exactly the same as with the other files. All the files can be either downloaded directly to your Vega and moved to the root of the sd card or downloaded to your pc and copied across.

Good luck !

Guest ursulavasey
There is a link at the top of this page to the 0.2 kernel, I used CWM to install it using the "install zip from sd card" option, followed by "choose zip file from sd card" (I'm not 100% sure of the wording, but you will see what I mean). After rebooting go back into CWM again and do exactly the same with the Sp1 update file, (It can be found on the first page of the Corvus 5 thread, I think the second post). Then if that works you can choose a new colour theme for the notification bar at the top, the files for that are also on the first page of the Corvus 5 thread and the procedure is exactly the same as with the other files. All the files can be either downloaded directly to your Vega and moved to the root of the sd card or downloaded to your pc and copied across.

Good luck !

Thanks for the help so far. I have downloaded all the files you mention, selecting the red grid as my colour of choice. Only problem is, how do I activate the actual grid, so that it runs on my Vega? What part of the menu do I go to so that it shows up when I download files, etc?

Guest ursulavasey
Thanks for the help so far. I have downloaded all the files you mention, selecting the red grid as my colour of choice. Only problem is, how do I activate the actual grid, so that it runs on my Vega? What part of the menu do I go to so that it shows up when I download files, etc?

Scratch that, I sorted it all out now. I re-ran the Grid_Red zip file, from within CWM menu and it worked fine. The red grid is showing up on the front screen and both the Game Mode Indicator and Host Mode Indicator icons show up in the menu too. Thanks to everyone for all your help; I appreciate it.

Guest ursulavasey
Glad to help

I believe in giving credit where credit is due. It also serves as feedback when you help others so that you know what works and what doesn't. I am involved in lots of forums and when I give advice I like to know if it works, so I can pass that advice on to someone else who needs it.

• 2 months later...