Fuji-Vega Rom, Fast and Smooth, Overclock 1.4 ghz (25/04/2011)

Guest alphaola

Guest simonta

So many ROMs, so little time :-) Thank you for your great work. Trying this out now.

I'd love to use this ROM (or Corvus5) on my daughters Vega but she will only ever use USB host for 3G and transferring photos from her camera. The host mode boot method of these ROMs is too much for her, she's completely IT illiterate, so she's currently restricted to MCR8.

Any good ideas to lock in host mode? I know she won' boot that often but when she does, she'll need the Vega for something important (her blog is a key part of her business) and I won't be around.

Thanks for any ideas.

Guest chockimon
this is not a bug with this rom it is to do with the screen size of the vega and is an issue with the launcher you use (except stock i think), there are several posts on this forum, so if you want to keep the wallpaper as you want it you either have to revert to stock launcher and its many limitations or resize your images with an image editor :mellow:

Thanks! That's a bummer. I've been playing around with it today and also noticed that my usb keyboard won't work either. Shame, I guess I'll have to go back to the Vega default ROM for the time being.

Guest g6hoq

Can anyone direct me to the Honeycomb live wallpaper, lost mine and cannot remember where I downloaded it from, I know it was from on here, but where?

Cheers

Steve

Guest IndiaMike
Can anyone direct me to the Honeycomb live wallpaper, lost mine and cannot remember where I downloaded it from, I know it was from on here, but where?

Cheers

Steve

Search the market for "honeycomb wall", I think you'll find it :mellow:

Cheers

Guest joaotavela

Hi, i'm from Brazil. I have a Mobi tegra 2 which came with a SIM card slot. I buy and installed a Ericsson F3307 HSPA card . It worked with Fuji-Vega 0.6 but not with 0.7 ( the 3g settings don't appear). try corvus5 too and the same thing. anything change in 3g from version 06 ==> 0.7 ?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dibbles

What a very nice ROM :D

Thanks for sharing this with us, most appreciated.

It would have been even better if I hadn't thought that I was being clever by replacing the VTLLauncher_1_6_2.apk with the 1.6.5 version within the ROM image and then find the Vega would not boot with a process error.

After a bit of a panic I ended up getting into recovery mode to return to the std 1.10 ROM and then install it again as it is.

The only thing that I miss from the Corvus5 ROM is the TapNTapIME.apk Western style keyboard that doesn't seem to want to install.

Do you have any future plans for this ROM or is it considered "complete"...?

Thanks again for sharing it :D

EDIT: As noted previously is there any chance in making the pull down notification bar a little more solid in colour as it can be very difficult to read what is there...?

Edited by dibbles

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BadDroid

Really enjoying this rom, is there a way to remove the phone app to save battery?

Moved over to this until vegacomb becomes a bit faster. love vegacomb but need the speed at the moment ;)

Guest gazmon2424
Just install the rom. I have to say I'm very impressed.

Hi,

Seems a good rom but as above notification bar needs to be sorted as its a bit hard to read

gazmon

Guest phil8715
Hi,

Seems a good rom but as above notification bar needs to be sorted as its a bit hard to read

gazmon

Yes I would agree with that.

Guest BadDroid
Yes I would agree with that.

Some of the colours with text etc in the market need sorting but overall it's great, runs games nice and quickly and just feels really nice and solid. Would like to see some further updates to this rom.

Guest gebby
Some of the colours with text etc in the market need sorting but overall it's great, runs games nice and quickly and just feels really nice and solid. Would like to see some further updates to this rom.

This Rom is based on the corvus5 rom, so you can add the CorvusKernel 0.2 update, and then update newbe5 update SP1 update, and then can add an alternate colour schemes by popular demand ;) for large colourfull task bar, and after all that this is one mother of a ROM, its very pretty , and its super fast, most of all its stable, I love it, not only that it will clock 4400 on Smartbench 2011 clocked to 1.5g

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...vus-teamed-rom/

these guy's are great, I just love to tinker with these roms, but have to say the above combinations is flawless.

cheers

Mike G

Guest gazmon2424
This Rom is based on the corvus5 rom, so you can add the CorvusKernel 0.2 update, and then update newbe5 update SP1 update, and then can add an alternate colour schemes by popular demand ;) for large colourfull task bar, and after all that this is one mother of a ROM, its very pretty , and its super fast, most of all its stable, I love it, not only that it will clock 4400 on Smartbench 2011 clocked to 1.5g

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...vus-teamed-rom/

these guy's are great, I just love to tinker with these roms, but have to say the above combinations is flawless.

cheers

Mike G

I have just installed the corvus sp1 updates and the white grid notification update zip, which also fixs the problem with the very dark notifications, put these updates with this rom and its probly the best about until vegacomb gets fixed

gazmon

Guest phil8715
I have just installed the corvus sp1 updates and the white grid notification update zip, which also fixs the problem with the very dark notifications, put these updates with this rom and its probly the best about until vegacomb gets fixed

gazmon

My Mrs installed the Corvus5 sp1 for the Fiji rom update on her Vega and it's knocked out the wifi.

Any ideas?

Guest gebby
My Mrs installed the Corvus5 sp1 for the Fiji rom update on her Vega and it's knocked out the wifi.

Any ideas?

when you say Knocked out the wi-fi, I asiume you rebooted and tried to log in again, you really haven't given much information.

Guest casey99

Any ideas?

I've just done the 0.2 kernel and Sp1 update on my Fuji 0.7 rom with no problems at all, did Mrs. Phil apply the 0.2 kernel first before updating to Sp1? I don't know if it makes any difference it's just the order I did it in.

Guest phil8715
I've just done the 0.2 kernel and Sp1 update on my Fuji 0.7 rom with no problems at all, did Mrs. Phil apply the 0.2 kernel first before updating to Sp1? I don't know if it makes any difference it's just the order I did it in.

we thought the kernel and sp1 was one file not 2? where is the 0.2 kernel file?

Guest ursulavasey
Installed 0.2 after Sp1 seems to work OK on my Vega

I'm Phil's Mrs, who was having the problems with the Vega. After many attempts, I managed to get the Vega into recovery using the back/power button method. It took a while to get it into recovery, then it was a struggle to get the stock rom back onto it, before moving to the Modaco R8 rom, then install the CWM and finally the Fuji rom. The biggest problem was getting the computer to read the presence of the Vega, as the ADB was a pain, even using the AUDI drivers. I got there in the end, though.

Anyway, I'm back on the Fuji rom now, but I am worried about trying to install the updates mentioned earlier in this thread, for fear of disabling the Vega again, and having to go through all the rigmarole again. I am no stranger to modding and installing roms, but I don't want to lose the functionality of the tablet. If someone was to tell me which files to download, and walk me through the procedure step by step, I may be willing to try again. Do I run them through CWM, installing them as updates, or is there another method I would be best using?

Guest Bazabaza

The way i do is via rom manager (from market). Install it and then install recovery from its menu. you must do this step, from the menu it looks like recovery is installed but it does not seem to work unless you get Rom manger to install it. It will install recovery for you (it will ask for the correct version pick vega). Once that's installed you can then copy the zip files to your SD card (do not unzip). Go to recovery via rom manager and then install the updates via the menu system in recovery. I had to do it this way because I had a weird problem with adb, to which I have found no solution. Also you can install other roms via this method, reinstalling rom manager and recovery each time.

Edited by Bazabaza

Guest ursulavasey
The way i do is via rom manager (from market). Install it and then install recovery from its menu. you must do this step, from the menu it looks like recovery is installed but it does not seem to work unless you get Rom manger to install it. It will install recovery for you (it will ask for the correct version pick vega). Once that's installed you can then copy the zip files to your SD card (do not unzip). Go to recovery via rom manager and then install the updates via the menu system in recovery. I had to do it this way because I had a weird problem with adb, to which I have found no solution. Also you can install other roms via this method, reinstalling rom manager and recovery each time.

Thanks for that. I have used rom manager on phones previously, so I know how that app works. Can you send me a link to the files, and tell me in which order they need to be installed, please? Do I do the SP1 then the kernel, or the other way around? I want to be sure I am getting it right, so I don't have any further problems, and it installs everything first time. What will these files do? I assume they will change the colours of the drop down menu after I install apps, etc, so that I can see if things have been correctly installed or not. Is this correct, and is there more to it than this?