After upgrading to eclair Wifi connection could not be established

Guest mightyduk

Guest mightyduk

Hi to all,

I have upgraded my LG GT540 last week using the LGmobile.com site. Everything is cool, but one problem: I cannot connect to any WIFI connection. Even though there is a great signal, i cannot browse the net. what should i do? did i do something wrong when i upgraded it? because before upgrading it i can use facebook and youtube pretty well. please help me anyone. i just want to use the full potential of this phone.

Guest fdespotovski
Hi to all,

I have upgraded my LG GT540 last week using the LGmobile.com site. Everything is cool, but one problem: I cannot connect to any WIFI connection. Even though there is a great signal, i cannot browse the net. what should i do? did i do something wrong when i upgraded it? because before upgrading it i can use facebook and youtube pretty well. please help me anyone. i just want to use the full potential of this phone.

If you don't want a custom rom with 2.2.1 or 2.3.2,then reinstall your phone with KDZ.LG updater has many bugs and it can flash your phone incorrectly.See this tutorial:

http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-gt540...ference-thread/

Just turn off the LG Android modem and follow the first tutorial.

Guest mightyduk
If you don't want a custom rom with 2.2.1 or 2.3.2,then reinstall your phone with KDZ.LG updater has many bugs and it can flash your phone incorrectly.See this tutorial:

http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-gt540...ference-thread/

Just turn off the LG Android modem and follow the first tutorial.

cool, someone answered. thanks bro, will do this. just on question though, how to turn off the LG Android modem?

Guest fdespotovski
cool, someone answered. thanks bro, will do this. just on question though, how to turn off the LG Android modem?

-Connect your phone to the pc

-Go to devices and printers

-find the lg android modem

-Right click on it and select properties

-Select the hardware tab and click properties

-click change settings

-Click the driver tab and select disable

Guest mightyduk
-Connect your phone to the pc

-Go to devices and printers

-find the lg android modem

-Right click on it and select properties

-Select the hardware tab and click properties

-click change settings

-Click the driver tab and select disable

yo! i did it. i reinstalled eclair. i was thinking about going for the 2.2 or 2.3 but im not yet sure. well im off to see if my original problem is solved. thanks again bro. will let you know.

Guest mightyduk
yo! i did it. i reinstalled eclair. i was thinking about going for the 2.2 or 2.3 but im not yet sure. well im off to see if my original problem is solved. thanks again bro. will let you know.

it's still not connecting. what am i doing wrong? i've done what you said. the phone only connects to WIFI but it would not let me browse the net. what should i do?

Guest despotovski01
it's still not connecting. what am i doing wrong? i've done what you said. the phone only connects to WIFI but it would not let me browse the net. what should i do?

I had the same problem once. It got repaired by itself. But how long do you have this problem? If you have it for a longer time, contact LG.

Guest mightyduk
I had the same problem once. It got repaired by itself. But how long do you have this problem? If you have it for a longer time, contact LG.

it started when i upgraded it to 2.1 about a week ago. right now, i can only do texting a calls. what's the use of having this android if i cant use its full potential. daym! im having second thoughts on going to LG since i was the one who upgraded it not them. but maybe that's gonna be my last resort.

Guest Dr.Alani

Try hard reset, home + camera + search. It will do a hard factory reset.

By the way, if you got the way how to flash a ROM with no problems, trying using a different ROM other the one you used in the past twi times.

Guest despotovski01
it started when i upgraded it to 2.1 about a week ago. right now, i can only do texting a calls. what's the use of having this android if i cant use its full potential. daym! im having second thoughts on going to LG since i was the one who upgraded it not them. but maybe that's gonna be my last resort.

It sounds like a software bug. Try reflashing with a different ROM.

Guest mightyduk
It sounds like a software bug. Try reflashing with a different ROM.

s***! tried other ROM. i used the baltic 10E and got an error. phone got stuck at DOWNLOAD MODE. So i unplugged it and turn off the phone by taking off the battery. now my phone would not boot. got stuck at the LG logo. damn! this is hard. help! please.

Guest despotovski01
s***! tried other ROM. i used the baltic 10E and got an error. phone got stuck at DOWNLOAD MODE. So i unplugged it and turn off the phone by taking off the battery. now my phone would not boot. got stuck at the LG logo. damn! this is hard. help! please.

V10E is an Android 1.6 ROM. You can't downgrade to a 1.6 ROM. But if you still have the LG boot screen, you can repair your phone. Follow these instructions:

1. Download European Open ROM. Link: http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW..._00/V20A_00.kdz

2. Connect your phone to the PC (USE THE BACK PORTS)

3. Disable the LG USB Modem

4. Flash your phone in DIAG mode

5. Boot your phone and see if it's fixed

6. If it isn't, try updating to OpenSwift (it's a 2.2 custom ROM)

Before upgrading to OpenSwift, you must have a ROM with fastboot on your phone. Click here for instructions how to get a ROM with fastboot.