win 6.5 cannot get wireless working

Guest Octanee

Guest Octanee

hi guys,i cannot get my wireless working, i got my router, and i know wireless is working on it, i disabled in my phone HDSPA since i dont have a data plan and im on pay as you go type of plan, but basically i got my router, and it shows on wifi its connected to my router, then in the browser connection or something liek that its called i select WAP, dont work, i try secure wap, dont work, i put it on to automatically select proper one, and well that dont work either, still no wifi....

Guest leap_ahead
hi guys,i cannot get my wireless working, i got my router, and i know wireless is working on it, i disabled in my phone HDSPA since i dont have a data plan and im on pay as you go type of plan, but basically i got my router, and it shows on wifi its connected to my router, then in the browser connection or something liek that its called i select WAP, dont work, i try secure wap, dont work, i put it on to automatically select proper one, and well that dont work either, still no wifi....

1. Go to Settings > Connections > Operator Settings

2. Switch to a different operator from your current operator and press OK.

3. Wait a few seconds for the wait cursor to disappear, and switch back to your original operator again.

Guest Octanee

well i just tried that, my current provider is ROGERS and this things showing "vodaphone".... odd or vodafone, something like that, not sure if that has anything to do with that, but i tried switching and still no internet

and its internet from wifi i want, just to make sure people know , thanks, any more ideas?

edit: i think it did do a small something, before on the youtube app thing, youd run it, and it would just say nothing, this time i ran it and it asked for my country, then after that its doing nothing, again,

when i go to connections, wifi, i tap on my router its connected to, says connects to the internet, i think thats right, then i hit cancel, hit menu, and advanced and hit next the auth is wpa2-psk with encription of aes, THEN i go back and go over 1 tab from wireless to network adapters, it shows the internet, i tap on sychip jaguar wlan gspi card which i assume is the wifi card or w/e, it is ticked on use server assigned ip address, and it shows the current ip adress as being right, which would be 192.168.1.145 which is the internal ip address , so its connected to the router, i think, but for some odd reason its not doing anything towards internet..... even when i try to go into the browser and go http://192.168.1.1 it wont connect to my router, but any other computers will at that ip,

i am using opera mobile 10 and trying internet explorer

Edited by Octanee

Guest Hermit Dave
well i just tried that, my current provider is ROGERS and this things showing "vodaphone".... odd or vodafone, something like that, not sure if that has anything to do with that, but i tried switching and still no internet

and its internet from wifi i want, just to make sure people know , thanks, any more ideas?

edit: i think it did do a small something, before on the youtube app thing, youd run it, and it would just say nothing, this time i ran it and it asked for my country, then after that its doing nothing, again,

when i go to connections, wifi, i tap on my router its connected to, says connects to the internet, i think thats right, then i hit cancel, hit menu, and advanced and hit next the auth is wpa2-psk with encription of aes, THEN i go back and go over 1 tab from wireless to network adapters, it shows the internet, i tap on sychip jaguar wlan gspi card which i assume is the wifi card or w/e, it is ticked on use server assigned ip address, and it shows the current ip adress as being right, which would be 192.168.1.145 which is the internal ip address , so its connected to the router, i think, but for some odd reason its not doing anything towards internet..... even when i try to go into the browser and go http://192.168.1.1 it wont connect to my router, but any other computers will at that ip,

i am using opera mobile 10 and trying internet explorer

i think 2 users using my ROM had complained of something similar - at that point the only build i had was LG 23698. One of them tried 29007 and wifi issues dissappeared. If its not working correctly it might be something to do with ROM build / certain model incompatibilities. Try a different ROM

Guest Octanee

aw man :D i really like this rom ha ha, hard to find a good rom, i suppose all go back to ock's then because i know his had worked..... and try that, and 29007 all look into that, i wish there was literally a page with a nice link of roms and what they have ha ha, instead of searching through posts and stuff for a rom,, or well topics

Guest Hermit Dave
aw man :D i really like this rom ha ha, hard to find a good rom, i suppose all go back to ock's then because i know his had worked..... and try that, and 29007 all look into that, i wish there was literally a page with a nice link of roms and what they have ha ha, instead of searching through posts and stuff for a rom,, or well topics

well i have done a couple of ROMs but they are Titanium only (First version had Host 1.5)... i know i have used OCK's ROM in past.. then Yonn's and now i do my own :D