2.3 Fail

Guest AerospaceMango

Guest AerospaceMango

(Command write failed (unknown error))

Anyone got any ideas?

Done the fastboot -w

and fastboot erase system

when I went to the next stage, this is what I got....

Guest despotovski01

Anyone got any ideas?

Done the fastboot -w

Try reconnecting the phone.

• 1 month later...
Guest dano_mbg

Anyone got any ideas?

Done the fastboot -w

I'm having the same problem...Did you find a way to fix it?

Guest AerospaceMango
I'm having the same problem...Did you find a way to fix it?

Hi mate.....

I solved it by just taking the battery out.....rebooting the phone, and reflashing the image....

Worked a treat, but I WAS worried for a time!

Guest dano_mbg
Hi mate.....

I solved it by just taking the battery out.....rebooting the phone, and reflashing the image....

Worked a treat, but I WAS worried for a time!

Unfortunately that didn't work for me..

First of all i flashed a fastboot enabled rom.everything worked great,all the drivers were installed succesfully. Then i powered on the phone,in fastboot mode connected it to my pc and opened cmd with administrator privileges. That error came up as soon as i typed in fastboot.exe -w. So i can't even start erasing the system. Now i'm stuck with V20b+fastboot :-S but at least didn't brick my phone:-). Is it possible that my computer has something to do with that? I have usb 1.0 . Maybe it needs usb 2.0 or later?

This is what i get,in case it helps a little

post-790950-1301328678_thumb.jpg

Edited by dano_mbg

Guest 56k_Rockstar

is your fastboot.exe in the "C:\Android\SwiftDroid" directory? If not, place it there.

You can also try to recreate the Android Debug Bridge connection with "adb kill-server && adb start-server" and then retry all your fastboot commands.

Guest dano_mbg
is your fastboot.exe in the "C:\Android\SwiftDroid" directory? If not, place it there.

You can also try to recreate the Android Debug Bridge connection with "adb kill-server && adb start-server" and then retry all your fastboot commands.

Yes it's there.Actually this screenshot was taken during the automatic install(There is an .exe file that does the flashing for you and according to anyone else who tried it,it's working. But even when i put all the necessary files in C:\Android and give the commands myself, i get the same error.

The "adb kill-server && adb start-server" is a command for cmd?I'll try that and see if it works but right now the only solution that's left is to try it from another computer,running windows 7 preferably.(Mine is running xp sp2)

EDIT* command didn't work...

Edited by dano_mbg

Guest 56k_Rockstar

Looking closer at your screenshot, I think it must be caused by either the connection or you didnt flash a fastboot enabled rom to your device( but htat would mean you could not boot into fastboot mode).

Maybe a reflash will do the trick.

Or reinstalling the drivers on your pc.

Guest dano_mbg
Looking closer at your screenshot, I think it must be caused by either the connection or you didnt flash a fastboot enabled rom to your device( but htat would mean you could not boot into fastboot mode).

Maybe a reflash will do the trick.

Or reinstalling the drivers on your pc.

I tried reflashing several fastboot enabled roms but still no luck. I'm gonna try it on my brother's pc in a few days and hopefully flash 2.3 on my gt540.

Thanks everyone for their time and advice!

Don't use front USB ports, use the ones on the back. Those are directly connected to the motherboard and are the fastest. Also run CMD in administrator mode. :)

Guest infernal
Yes it's there.Actually this screenshot was taken during the automatic install(There is an .exe file that does the flashing for you and according to anyone else who tried it,it's working. But even when i put all the necessary files in C:\Android and give the commands myself, i get the same error.

The "adb kill-server && adb start-server" is a command for cmd?I'll try that and see if it works but right now the only solution that's left is to try it from another computer,running windows 7 preferably.(Mine is running xp sp2)

EDIT* command didn't work...

The automatic .exe ...I used that, made a folder C:\Android then double clicked on the .exe and it installed from there with no need to use cmd.