[ROM] CyanogenMod-7 for ZTE Blade/San Francisco :: V7.0.0-RC1 (02/16/2011)

Guest HCDR.Jacob

Guest DonJamal

To make the phone come off of the "black screen" in the middle of, or the end of phone calls when you pull the phone away from your face, I changed

mot.proximity.delay=450

to

mot.proximity.delay=150

The delay is almost no longer NOTICEABLE at all

from : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=771232

its on droidX motorola..

can we do it with blade buildprop?

Edited by DonJamal

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest admanirv
Right! Didn't resist the temptation and, even with the bugs, I installed CM7. What a great ROM!! Now I get what all the fuss was about :D

But only after I replaced ADW with stock gingerbread launcher (or atleast I think it is, it is very similar to FroYo's) and now the home screen flies!! I'm very pleased! :D

Hi

How do you go about replacing ADW to stock ginerbread launcher?

Do you install from the market or settings inside the ROM?

Thanks

Guest skymera

Don't really consider this an RC since some stuff still broken / slow / lol

- WiFi would disconnect and woudldn't find any APs

- Mobile data wouldn't work even with the correct APN (These were fixed by flashing gapps AFTER a first boot)

- My screen on / off animations have totally broken and refuse to work (Turning animations to "fast" borks them)

- Scrolling without a stupid LWP is still slow and laggy

- Autobrightness values are incorrect (Easy enough to DIY)

- System UI toolbar had a FC

- Had a random boot loop and had to pull the battery

- Screen refuses to turn on in a dark room. Buttons light but no screen. Holding the phone to a lightsource, in this case my lava lamp made the screen wake up.

Still a beta just had an RC label slapped onto it. boo.

Guest trained_killa

Just wanted to say a big thank you to all the people who has/is contributed(ing) to this ROM.

Yes there are bugs but there is great work going on here.

Much appreciated.

trained_killa

Guest cooldfuzion
Hi

How do you go about replacing ADW to stock ginerbread launcher?

Do you install from the market or settings inside the ROM?

Thanks

from the market dude

Guest 90180360
How do you know some test get skipped?

It skips over it. Normally the decoding would take a few seconds.

Also it's obvious that the results are totally unrealistic.

Guest Chris_M
I've raised the following defects on the CM issue tracker:

Issue 2855: "CPU Settings" force closes

Issue 2856: Blade displays incorrect battery voltage

Arse - 2855 was rejected because I didn't attach a log.

And I'm at work, so I can't capture a log right now. Can someone else capture a log and reopen the issue?

Guest Simon O

Please can people search the thread before posting about an issue and stop reporting the same bugs which have been known for days?

It's really silly to keep reading new posts from people with the same bugs reported.

I'm confused as to how this is even possible without a ZTE 2.3 Kernal Source.

Kernel source is not specific to a version of Android. Gingerbread works with any kernels from 2.6.32 and higher, same as Froyo.

Guest DonJamal

# Proximity sensor debounce time

mot.proximity.delay=150

i found on xda in htc hero and motorola droidx build.prop ... can we use this too?

Edited by DonJamal

Guest Frankish
# Proximity sensor debounce time

mot.proximity.delay=150

i found on xda in htc hero and motorola droidx build.prop ... can we use this too?

Tried it. No difference. Still did the same to me!

EDIT:

If you untick "In Call Touch UI" from call settings, the screen stays on the whole time your in call and you have to press menu to bring up options to dismiss call etc, temporary solution for now

Edited by Frankish

Guest Chris_M
Please can people search the thread before posting about an issue and stop reporting the same bugs which have been known for days?

It's really silly to keep reading new posts from people with the same bugs reported.

Not sure if that comment was aimed at me?

What we should be doing is raising a CM issue for each defect - I've started off by raising a couple of issues for well known problems. That way, people can check the CM issue tracker, instead of wading through pages and pages of forum posts. If an issue has already been raised on the tracker, there's no need to report it again in this thread!

Edited by Chris_M

Guest Simon O
Can this be offered as an TPT image (or is that technically impossible)?

Is Stagefright on by default? Or is that still broken?

No TPT will be provided. The ROM is small enough to install to 128MB partitions. Anything smaller and you are on your own sorry.

Stagefright works.

Guest spaceguy
No TPT will be provided. The ROM is small enough to install to 128MB partitions. Anything smaller and you are on your own sorry.

Stagefright works.

so you are saying that it fits with the gapps installed too?

Guest Rotmann
Don't really consider this an RC since some stuff still broken / slow / lol

- WiFi would disconnect and woudldn't find any APs

- Mobile data wouldn't work even with the correct APN (These were fixed by flashing gapps AFTER a first boot)

- My screen on / off animations have totally broken and refuse to work (Turning animations to "fast" borks them)

- Scrolling without a stupid LWP is still slow and laggy

- Autobrightness values are incorrect (Easy enough to DIY)

- System UI toolbar had a FC

- Had a random boot loop and had to pull the battery

- Screen refuses to turn on in a dark room. Buttons light but no screen. Holding the phone to a lightsource, in this case my lava lamp made the screen wake up.

Still a beta just had an RC label slapped onto it. boo.

1. no problems with wi-fi

2. mobile data works here

3. thanks for the tip with screen on / off animations broken by spare parts, put them back to normal and the animations work again

4. disable wallpaper hack in ADW

I think I don't have to point out that "boo"-ing is very inappropriate at this point. This is still a very early release and it's incredibly good, using it as my main ROM. If you think you are better why don't you do it yourself, instead of moaning?

so you are saying that it fits with the gapps installed too?

It fits perfectly on 128MB partitions (TPT) with gapps installed too.

Another fix for the blank screen:

temporary workaround: try proximity callibrator here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=951858

problem occurs since proximity sensors seam to be very random callibrated - its unknown how htc handles this. this recalibration tool fixes the issue. if that is not only a ace issue, we should discuss including this tool to cm7 - leppie open-sourced it and has no issues with including it. at least include it for devices having this calibration issue.

why this didnt show up for cm61?

Calling with the phone attached to USB or charger does not make the screen remain blank. It switches off when putting it to the face but switches back on when you put it away. Activating "Always use proximity sensor" in the settings did not change the situation. It does not react to any of the buttons (long press, double press, everything tried) When the screen remains blank, you can reactivate it only by connecting it to USB or to the charger.

Attached 4 logs, the first one is not connected to USB (screen remains blank after it gets switched off once). The other ones are connected to USB or charger, proximity sensor works as it should, as soon as you remove the phone from your face it switches on, if you put your finger on the sensor it switches off again, take your finger away, switches on.

logfile_screen_blank.txt

logfile_charging1.txt

logfile_charging2.txt

logfile_charging3.txt

Edited by Rotmann

Guest nadlabak

Can someone please post (pastebin) procrank output of CM7 running on ZTE Blade ?

Please also indicate whether JIT is on or off.

Thank you very much in advance.

Anyone tried sound recorder? The recording is very low volume, I tried replacing the app with an old version I had for 2.2 that could pick up what was being said in the kitchen and that still had the low recording volume

Anyone got any ideas how to boost the mic gain or is it a system setting that needs adjusting somehow or is indeed this a "bug" ?