Official UK 2.1 version back online!

Guest Nielzs

Guest Fusion0306
If it is the same as the .de update then it should be confirmation that it has been tested and works fine. Anybody running the .de update? Does it work OK?

I've used it for a while. It was definetely better than the UK 2.1. But after some time I wanted to go back to froyo (Yup, it's faster)

I've used it for a while. It was definetely better than the UK 2.1. But after some time I wanted to go back to froyo (Yup, it's faster)

.DE update any different from the UK update in terms of bloatware?

.DE update = German version right?

Guest Fusion0306
.DE update any different from the UK update in terms of bloatware?

.DE update = German version right?

I didn't have the sms bug. Other then that (and the different partition sizes), it's just as UK was, minus the bugs

Guest Simon O
I didn't have the sms bug. Other then that (and the different partition sizes), it's just as UK was, minus the bugs

Considering that the German update is smaller than the UK update was I'd say that Huawei have somehow managed to do a lot of optimizations here and there.

Considering that the German update is smaller than the UK update was I'd say that Huawei have somehow managed to do a lot of optimizations here and there.

There's 1 annoying little thing in the German update....I can't turn off the English word correction feature for the android keyboard.

Anyone any ideas on how to correct, fix this? (besides installing a different keyboard app?)

Croatian language?

(jel ima hrvatski ko na HU i di da ga skinem,fala)

(našo sam di da ga skinem)

Edited by tunat

Guest eager_b

This is the first I'd heard of the German 2.1 update - I just downloaded it from the T-Mobile.de website.

I've been using the UK 2.1 for a while without any problems apart from the occasional missing SMS and I'm quite happy with the speed. Would there be any downsides in switching to the DE update to solve the SMS issue? Since the update hasn't been pulled from the DE website, would I be right to assume that it doesn't have the same issues that caused TM UK to pull theirs?

Guest Fusion0306
Since the update hasn't been pulled from the DE website, would I be right to assume that it doesn't have the same issues that caused TM UK to pull theirs?

Theoretically :huh:

just downloading.... anyone know what the differences (if any) are? I see the build number (or what I assume is the build number) within the zip file name is different (836 vs 826 on 'original' uk 2.1)

I notice the last modified datestamp on updata.app is 19th November 2010...

Edited by DrWook

Let us know what the outcome is...

curious if there are any improvements..

Well, it's installed, and the build number has changed... erm, that's about it from initial glance... but will let you know

Funnily, I've just realised the apk's in /data are untouched (i.e. installed apps are still there when going from the previous uk 2.1).

So I'd infer from that the partition layout hasn't changed since the last iteration of official 2.1

Funnily, I've just realised the apk's in /data are untouched (i.e. installed apps are still there when going from the previous uk 2.1).

So I'd infer from that the partition layout hasn't changed since the last iteration of official 2.1

hmmm so no increase of space to install apps on?

Edited by Nielzs