Official UK 2.1 version back online!

Guest Nielzs

Guest RamsysUK

I formatted the sd card and cleared the phone with clockwork. Installed the update and Im impressed. No forced closures or waits, everything works and is quick. Ive tried cyanogen mod and flb and jmod and had problems with all of them. Only problem is........how do I change the apps at the bottom to things I actually use? anybody help?

Guest RamsysUK
Use different launcher.

On the default huawei launcher u can't change those things just like that...

Superbe, worked a treat, Thanks.

Guest Matt Taylor

What's the general feeling about the February 2011 2.1 firmware?

I've read this entire thread and noted that there seems to be a fair bit of confusion.

I've not rooted my phone or played with it in any way other than to install the December 2009 1.5 firmware.

I'd love to upgrade my Pulse to 2.1 but would like to be sure that the SMS bug has been fixed.

Regards,

Matt

Guest Zeblue

I've rooted my phone (+ the wife's) from the December 2009 1.5 firmware to official 2.1 and there is no SMS bug that I've experienced.

Generally operating ok, much smoother interface...wouldn't go back.

Edited by Zeblue

Guest themadwacky1

how's battery life on this, currently on CM v0.4 and the battery life is ok with overclock widget/setcpu, just wondering whether the battery drain is less on the new official rom?

Guest Matt Taylor
I've rooted my phone (+ the wife's) from the December 2009 1.5 firmware to official 2.1 and there is no SMS bug that I've experienced.

Generally operating ok, much smoother interface...wouldn't go back.

Thanks, I'm going to do it this weekend. :(

Guest Matt Taylor
Thanks, I'm going to do it this weekend. :D

Been using it for a couple of days now and so far I'm happy I upgraded.

Seems much quicker than the 1.5 firmware which really knocked performance when I installed that.

Guest Fulcrum_X

I was very happy with Stock DE 2.1, however after a few weeks I noticed I'm missing certain text messages again.. :D

Besides that I notice it gets slower after a while. Deleting SMS threads helps, it gets quite sluggish if you have too much/big threads.

Guest twrock
I was very happy with Stock DE 2.1, however after a few weeks I noticed I'm missing certain text messages again.. :D

Besides that I notice it gets slower after a while. Deleting SMS threads helps, it gets quite sluggish if you have too much/big threads.

For curiosity sake, please check one thing for me.

In build.prop, find this line:

ro.config.hw_always_allow_mms=false

Is it "false" or "true" in your rom? If it is false, try changing it to true and see what happens.

Disclaimer: I am totally guessing here; I have no idea what that will do to your phone.

Guest niix2571

Is it "false" or "true" in your rom? If it is false, try changing it to true and see what happens.

Disclaimer: I am totally guessing here; I have no idea what that will do to your phone.

I'm also not sure what it will do... but i'm guessing it will enable mms downloading in roaming, and I think not many people will want that (it's really just a guess, sounds right, at least in my head :D)

Btw, I don't even have that line in my build.prop, and I've never had any issues with receiving messages :(

Edited by niix2571

Guest twrock
I'm also not sure what it will do... but i'm guessing it will enable mms downloading in roaming, and I think not many people will want that (it's really just a guess, sounds right, at least in my head :D)

Btw, I don't even have that line in my build.prop, and I've never had any issues with receiving messages :(

Hmm, must be a difference between this rom and the DE rom.

Guest niix2571
Hmm, must be a difference between this rom and the DE rom.

Maybe not... I've edited every ROM I've ever used... cuz i always find unnecessary stuff in the build.prop so I just remove them... maybe that's why my messages always come :D

Guest twrock
Maybe not... I've edited every ROM I've ever used... cuz i always find unnecessary stuff in the build.prop so I just remove them... maybe that's why my messages always come :D

That is the kind of information that is kind of important when we are discussing what might or might not be causing something to happen or not happen.

Guest niix2571
That is the kind of information that is kind of important when we are discussing what might or might not be causing something to happen or not happen.

Yeah, you're right... sorry about that :D

Guest Fulcrum_X

I do have that line in build.prop, it's on False...

Guest twrock
I do have that line in build.prop, it's on False...

I'm not using that rom now, and I have no reason to find out what it means, but maybe you do. Why not do some research (googling) on it and see what you find out?