Huawei u8500

Guest MaxSmith

Guest MaxSmith

Soo i got my huawei u8500 soo far that it has now:

froyo 2.2.1 (from file U8500%20V100R001C00B705%28Froyo%20Beta%29)

Kernel v. 2.6.32.9-pref root@huawei-desktop #1

Build number U8500V100R001C00B705

its rooted with z4root (SuperUser works perfect)

installed Tit. backup PRO and from it downloaded Busybox (with button "Problems?") (not sure if it works, HOW TO CHECK that Busybox is there?)

with Root Explorer i deleted all the crap i dont need in my phone from folder /system/app (even the original home i deleted after installing "ADW Launcher" also original keyboards after replacing them with "Better Keyboard" all seems to work perfect, no Force to closes has appeared.

but now when i installed NinjaMorph and followed all the instructions (enabled debugging, and did everything whats necessary) it gives me boot-looping in the end of process when it restarts! WHY, WHY, WHY???? i have tried it 4 times now and it ends same all the time!

The question is....

1) Might it be my rom, what cant be modified?

(because its original ROM from producer website (updata.app in folder dload) what i put on my SD and flashed after pressing Vol Up + Hang Up + Power button)

2) Other thing what i thought was that when i copied my framework-res.apk file from my phone to SD card and started to edit icons what i wanted to replace, then the icons where in weird .png format (photoshop cs5 said that layer is locked and couldn't to anything with it and GIMP said that colours are in index format soo i changed them to RGP and after finishing the icon i converted it back to index format (have no idea what it means but it seemed logical:) problem was that the icon (examp. green battery icon) i was able do modify only in black and gray colour+ dark red and orange, weard!!! no other colours apeared on icon even if i selected bright blue it turned on a picture some shaggy gray!!

Maybe i messed up this .png format after saving these new icons?? it seems to be some special one, cause i have used Photoshop for a long time and this was something new!!!

3) And now the question i should have asked first....is NinjaMorph working on my device at all??? or don't they match?

or do i need something more to run NinjaMorph? except Root, busybox, debugging

This device is not so popular so it no info at all and i started experimenting with it on my own by using instructions meant for other phones i have flashed my updata.app on my phone at least 15 times after getting bootloops, no starts, freezes and other major crashes, but its not a brick jet:D:D very few programs are comp. with this device

so who has HUAWEI U8500 and has any info how to change battery icons (and other graphic stuff) and where to get roms for it and any info about modding it,

PLEES PLEES PLEEEEES share your info HERE!!!! (links, guides, tools etc... ALLL WELCOME!!!)