windows 7 desk top does not see my vega in devise manager

Guest redroadster

Guest redroadster

Brief history - had my vega just under a week now - updated software to 1.09 over the weekend. tried to install r8 and must have done some thing wrong as vega just stuck on booting - reinstalled 1.09 - all this done on my vista lap top.

On my windows 7 desk top when i connect by usb from vega to pc: in devices and printers i see: NVIDIA HARMONY - When i go to devise manager i cannot see the vega at all - this is the same on my windows 7 lap top.

I am not screaming for help just trying to find out if it is me or the vega as i am still within my return to shop time - if you know what i mean...

If this has been covered before please ignore this - but i have searched the forum with no luck....

thanks in advance......

Guest trevor432990

Hi again :D Thought you might like to read these older threads which go some way to explain things and hopefully will help.

This one is for Windows 7 users who need to update their drivers got a feeling you may need to do this

This one is a great thread which I suggest you bookmark for future reference as it has masses of useful information and links to more.

Guest redroadster
Hi again :D Thought you might like to read these older threads which go some way to explain things and hopefully will help.

This one is for Windows 7 users who need to update their drivers got a feeling you may need to do this

This one is a great thread which I suggest you bookmark for future reference as it has masses of useful information and links to more.

Wow that was quick - thanks for links - think i may need a days break to give my head a rest - i will let you know how i get on... Once agian thanks for helping me - it is very much appreciated.....

Guest redroadster
Wow that was quick - thanks for links - think i may need a days break to give my head a rest - i will let you know how i get on... Once agian thanks for helping me - it is very much appreciated.....

Hi trevor432990 - follow link and it was just the same as i had tried before - windows 7 still cannot see devise in devise manager - but i did a restore pc to a earlier time on my vista lap top went back a few days - now drivers installed ok first time - at top of devise manager i have: Andriod phone - if i click + on the right hand side drop down is: andriod conposite ADB Interface....

Would you be so kind and let me know if this is the same as yours in devise manager...

Thanks again for taking time to reply...

Guest trevor432990
Hi trevor432990 - follow link and it was just the same as i had tried before - windows 7 still cannot see devise in devise manager - but i did a restore pc to a earlier time on my vista lap top went back a few days - now drivers installed ok first time - at top of devise manager i have: Andriod phone - if i click + on the right hand side drop down is: andriod conposite ADB Interface....

Would you be so kind and let me know if this is the same as yours in devise manager...

Thanks again for taking time to reply...

Yes this is the same. Not sure why your Windows 7 machine does not pick them up perhaps someone else who actually uses that can chip in? Is the W7 machine 32bit or 64bit do you know?

Guest redroadster
Yes this is the same. Not sure why your Windows 7 machine does not pick them up perhaps someone else who actually uses that can chip in? Is the W7 machine 32bit or 64bit do you know?

Thanks for reply, if i remember right desk top 64bit - laptop 32bit - both do not see device..

Any way got there in the end and now have market on my vega - all thanks to you.... Thank you...

Guest trevor432990
Thanks for reply, if i remember right desk top 64bit - laptop 32bit - both do not see device..

Any way got there in the end and now have market on my vega - all thanks to you.... Thank you...

That's good news but can you tell us what you did to fix it so the rest of us can understand what we need to do if we get stuck similarly please ? :D

Guest redroadster
That's good news but can you tell us what you did to fix it so the rest of us can understand what we need to do if we get stuck similarly please ? :D

Hi, As above post just sent vista laptop back to a earlier time before i connected the vega for the first time ( system restore ) then connected vega and all went well - still will not show on windows 7...

Thanks again....

Guest trevor432990
Hi, As above post just sent vista laptop back to a earlier time before i connected the vega for the first time ( system restore ) then connected vega and all went well - still will not show on windows 7...

Thanks again....

OK so the original problem about Windows 7 not seeing your Vega is still present but you have a workaround by using your Vista laptop. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on why Windows 7 might behave differently? :D

Guest redroadster
OK so the original problem about Windows 7 not seeing your Vega is still present but you have a workaround by using your Vista laptop. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on why Windows 7 might behave differently? :D

Hi again trevor432990 - and sorry for not been clear in my reply but i could not have put it better myself. windows 7 does not see device on my laptop or desktop but got around this by using vista - very strange...

Guest Drocket12

Hi,

I had a similar problem on Win 7 x64, whereby the device was not visible in the device manager.

I solved it by going to "Control Panel" -> "Devices and Printers", on my laptop the device was visible as "NVIDIA Harmony" so I right clicked the this device and selected "Properties" from the menu, this will display the "NVIDIA Harmony Properties" dialog box. Click the "Hardware" tab then click the "Properties" button at the bottom of the page. Click the "Driver" tab then click the "Uninstall Driver" button and uninstall the drivers.

Disconnect the Vega from your laptop, reconnect it and check "Device Manager" to see if your Vega is present, if it is follow these instructions

Hope that helps.

Guest redroadster
Hi,

I had a similar problem on Win 7 x64, whereby the device was not visible in the device manager.

I solved it by going to "Control Panel" -> "Devices and Printers", on my laptop the device was visible as "NVIDIA Harmony" so I right clicked the this device and selected "Properties" from the menu, this will display the "NVIDIA Harmony Properties" dialog box. Click the "Hardware" tab then click the "Properties" button at the bottom of the page. Click the "Driver" tab then click the "Uninstall Driver" button and uninstall the drivers.

Disconnect the Vega from your laptop, reconnect it and check "Device Manager" to see if your Vega is present, if it is follow these instructions

Hope that helps.

Hi Drocket12 - thanks for reply and trying to help me - i did try this - but a soon as i reconnected the vega i got a pop up message saying windows is installing the latest drivers etc - so i was back to square one... it is not really a problem for me now...glad i kept my old laptop...

Guest simonta

Everyone misses the key step. When uninstalling, also select "Delete drivers". If you just uninstall and don't delete, then Windows will simply reinstall the drivers the next time you plug in.

Guest redroadster
Everyone misses the key step. When uninstalling, also select "Delete drivers". If you just uninstall and don't delete, then Windows will simply reinstall the drivers the next time you plug in.

Hi Simonta, i did delete the drivers - it must be something i was doing but just could not work it out - thanks for the reply...

Guest trevor432990
Hi Simonta, i did delete the drivers - it must be something i was doing but just could not work it out - thanks for the reply...

I'll chip in for the last time. I normally delete the Android devices (whatever is present) and then start the 'find new hardware' routine and when it finds the Vega simply point the driver request at the correct usb_driver directory but you have to be very careful you pick the right one especially if you have done masses of ROM updates and have multiple usb_driver directories already. This method has always worked for me :D

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, Just bought an advent vega but branded a viewsonic viewpad 10s... Just spent two days trying to get a male to male usb cable (GRRRR) only to find that my laptop recognises nothing at all... Its in debug mode.

There is nothing under USB devices, nothing under Other Devices, nothing under connected hardware... nothing!! Ive downloaded USBdeview and that doesnt even show it!

Any ideas??

Guest blcollier

This guy beat me to it :D

Hi,

Hope that helps.

I had the same issue with my Vega - my Win7 x64 box would not see the ADB device, no matter how much I tried, all it saw was the Nvidia Harmony device. I used USBDeview to uninstall the Nvidia Harmony device (and driver files); once I reconnected the Vega, it picked up the ADB Bridge device as well as the Nvidia Harmony.

This guy beat me to it :D

I had the same issue with my Vega - my Win7 x64 box would not see the ADB device, no matter how much I tried, all it saw was the Nvidia Harmony device. I used USBDeview to uninstall the Nvidia Harmony device (and driver files); once I reconnected the Vega, it picked up the ADB Bridge device as well as the Nvidia Harmony.

THIS HELPED ME ALOT!!!!!!!!!! So simple and something i would have overlooked a thousand times...!!! the txt is scrollind in CMD... YAY lol

Thank you