CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest Fransis.co
hi

i got the launcher2.apk from sdk9 but i cannot install cuz its parse error...why? i edited the build.prop to sdk : 10 and ver 2.3.3 and donsnt works

See post 201

F.

Guest Simon O
Hello, are you planning to add 50% AHB OC like on JJ9 ? Or is it already here ?

I couldnt find anything about it in search so if it is here already or it is some bad question, sorry

PS:sry for my bad English :D

Already in the kernel.

Guest Gnitrops

Any chances we have the improved camera options seen in JJ9 and Sebs 2.2? I was on CM7, but had to flash back to Sebs 0.2 simply because I needed to take some decent photos/videos during weekend :\

Guest Simon O

Oh and for anybody that is interested, clockworkmod recovery for the blade is now available for installation through ROM Manager. As fas as I know this is not Sebastians version.

Guest DonJamal
See post 201

F.

but it looks like the apk file is damaged.. if i look inside the apk with winrar there is only one folder.. no pngs no anims no other just meta inf.. and tried that method u mentioned but with no succes

Edited by DonJamal

Guest mvheuver
Oh and for anybody that is interested, clockworkmod recovery for the blade is now available for installation through ROM Manager. As fas as I know this is not Sebastians version.

Interesting. Pardon my ignorance, but how exactly does this work? I have the latest ROM Manager installed but I can't see the Blade amongst the phone models. Would like to give it a try (heard this was the lazy way to deal with different ROMs, a thought I like a lot) but I am not sure how. Or is it because I still have the old Clockwork (version 2 something)?

Interesting. Pardon my ignorance, but how exactly does this work? I have the latest ROM Manager installed but I can't see the Blade amongst the phone models. Would like to give it a try (heard this was the lazy way to deal with different ROMs, a thought I like a lot) but I am not sure how. Or is it because I still have the old Clockwork (version 2 something)?

How'd you manage to install it on 2?

And yea, it's hard to spot because it's halfway down the list, and not at the bottom. Mine installed fine. Shame you have to pay for it to get useful features :D

Mine downloaded data and zte blade is right there!

Guest mvheuver
How'd you manage to install it on 2?

And yea, it's hard to spot because it's halfway down the list, and not at the bottom. Mine installed fine. Shame you have to pay for it to get useful features :D

I think it's working now. It said "Blaze [sic] and others", downloading 3.0.0.7 now. I'm just looking for a lazy way to flash different ROMs really, let's see if this can help. Cross fingers.

Guest Fransis.co
but it looks like the apk file is damaged.. if i look inside the apk with winrar there is only one folder.. no pngs no anims no other just meta inf.. and tried that method u mentioned but with no succes

The post at 201 is a zip (Standard CMR installation) and it works fine.

Not much in the way of features, in fact it seems identical to the `Gingerbread Launcher` available on the Market.

It has the fastest App Drawer scrolling and App launching I`ve found. Never misses a beat.

All other launchers have problems, even after applying `fixes`. Running RC1.

F.

Guest admanirv
Any chances we have the improved camera options seen in JJ9 and Sebs 2.2? I was on CM7, but had to flash back to Sebs 0.2 simply because I needed to take some decent photos/videos during weekend :\

Agree, I'm trying to push for this i added a comment on the bugs list over at Cm site but i think it wasn't listened too.

Guest admanirv
You sure you can't just use the camera.apk (or whatever it's called) from one of those ROMs?

I tried it, i extracted camera.apk from fibbles rom. It ran but it would crash went trying to take a photo or record videos with VGA option enabled :D.

Normal QCIF and QVGA is rubbish.

I think it's working now. It said "Blaze [sic] and others", downloading 3.0.0.7 now. I'm just looking for a lazy way to flash different ROMs really, let's see if this can help. Cross fingers.

Nononono, that's not good. It definately says ZTE Blade. On it's own. Woopsie. I would go and reflash a recovery if i were you.

Guest mvheuver
Nononono, that's not good. It definately says ZTE Blade. On it's own. Woopsie. I would go and reflash a recovery if i were you.

Yeah, it broke off 3/4 along the way. Guess I have to manually update to the latest Clockwork first, thought it would be possible to do it within the app (it doesn't say ZTE Blade anywhere).

Never mind, went a bit off topic here, thanks for the help, looking forward to trying one of the next nightlies at last.

Guest Rotmann
Backup anyway and try it.

I wiped but it should be fine since no real big changes.

Off topic: Strange, I thought you lost your confidence in CM7 cuz they were just a bunch of clowns? :D

On topic: great work on fixing things. The battery life in stand-by is definitely worse than 2.2, based on spare parts the phone sleeps as it should. Doesn't look good at all.