CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

I'll check this out. watch this space :D

*edit okay, all that happens to mine is it goes a bit unclearer. Can you be a bit more clearer on what kind of 'jitters' these are please? More information would be helpful..

Maybe I use wrong word, because I could not find best one to describe this, maybe "crackles" is a better.

I attached the file which present this issue.

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/26993496/Jitters.wav

0-24 sek is 70% of in-call volume

25 till the end is 100% of in-call volume - difference of the quality is very audible and it cause that is not able to hear somebody on more than 70% of the in-call volume, so in some noisy places is difficult to hear that preson.

Edited by natash

Guest doubleluckstur
Maybe I use wrong word, because I could not find best one to describe this, maybe "crackles" is a better.

I attached the file which present this issue.

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/26993496/Jitters.wav

0-24 sek is 70% of in-call volume

25 till the end is 100% of in-call volume - difference of the quality is very audible and it cause that is not able to hear somebody on more than 70% of the in-call volume, so in some noisy places is difficult to hear that preson.

Hmm... I hear what you mean but that doesn't seem to be happening on mine. report it to the cyanogenmod bug tracker

Hmm... I hear what you mean but that doesn't seem to be happening on mine. report it to the cyanogenmod bug tracker

I have checked this it is not a problem with ROM, I back to Orange ROM and the problem still exist.

Guest skymera

So it's patched in the kernel? nice.

So RC / Nightly 1,2,3 could have the proximity broblem fixed by flashing the boot.img included Nightly 4 when it's built? (Provided it has the fix included)

I try to avoid a whole flash if possible since I removed many apps from /system and have custom scripts.

Edited by skymera

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

So RC / Nightly 1,2,3 could have the proximity broblem fixed by flashing the boot.img included Nightly 4 when it's built? (Provided it has the fix included)

I try to avoid a whole flash if possible since I removed many apps from /system and have custom scripts.

I guess it would be worth a try, but also that it could be fairly unstable, too. So...go for it, but do a backup, when it comes out.

Also, Updated first post, with....NO new information :D

But i sorta embiggened the bug tracker link, if you want to track bugs :D

Guest Frankish

That will be fine to do. Obviously any other fixed bugs will not be fixed this way. But I'm using rc1 with overclock, don't use camera so only care about proximity fix.

Guest Frankish

Can anyone with a build environment set up please build the kernel from toms github? I'm at work it would be nice to have a fix for proximity today rather than tomorrow :-)

Guest skymera
That will be fine to do. Obviously any other fixed bugs will not be fixed this way. But I'm using rc1 with overclock, don't use camera so only care about proximity fix.

Cool, was just checking.

Seems everything is working ok for me. Until there's a fix I really need i'll just flash that boot.img when it comes!

Also anybody having a reboot bug?

You reboot the phone and it stays at the CyanogenMod boot splash? You can switch the screen off and the screen-off animation shows but the "desktop" doesn't seem to load?

Only solved by a battery pull.

Guest richardkemp

This bug left over from CM6 seems to still be present for me. I've starred it and mentioned getting it on the Blade, can some others test and star if you find it?

Is there any way to 'attach' it to the Blade, or update it to be listed as still present in CM7, as at the moment it looks a bit old and forgotten.

Guest rheumatoid
You need to click 'Flash Clockwork Recovery' and click 'ZTE Blade'

That should then flash the latest recovery.

You don't need premium to flash the recovery.

Thanks, but as I said, ZTE blade is not listed so I can't do that. Just wondered if the problem was because I am not running premium but it seems not.

R.

Guest metzench
Can anyone with a build environment set up please build the kernel from toms github? I'm at work it would be nice to have a fix for proximity today rather than tomorrow :-)

Well, can´t supply you with a CM7 boot.img cause i´m running my own build with forked kernel tree. But i can tell you that it fixes the problem, merged in the changes and seems to be running fine. :-)

Guest skymera
Well, can´t supply you with a CM7 boot.img cause i´m running my own build with forked kernel tree. But i can tell you that it fixes the problem, merged in the changes and seems to be running fine. :-)

Glad to hear it def fixes the problem!

If anyone can compile and upload the kernel with latest changes, that'd be great!

Guest harry_m

Yiiiihhhhhaaaaa ... the "proximity bug" seems to be solved.

Seems to work great on my phone (rebuilt from sources some minutes ago) ....

Many thanks Tom G ... great!

Guest fonix232

You can always freely release kernels for CM7 :D

BTW what is added in yours? If it incorporates AR6002 drivers or USB host, I want it nao :D

Edited by fonix232