CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest Blues003

Is it possible to edit the behaviour of the Notification Bar on the CM7 ROM? I'll explain better:

On my current ROM (FLB r9b), pulling the Bar just a bit will make it travel all the remaining screen until the end. It also "accepts" being pulled when my finger touches it on its lateral part. On the CM7, however, it will only move if my finger hits exactly the middle part, and will not travel down/up unless I drag the bar for quite a long distance.

I'd like the CM7's bar to behave just like the one on FLB r9b. Does anyone know how to do that?

what rom are you using, because that doesn't look like CM7?

Agreed,rom manager list looked like this when I was on jj RLS9

I'm thinking you may have to have cm7 installed on blade to see blade in rom manager?

Edited by Guest

Guest Totyasrác
It was added.. last night. But.... please correct me if Im wrong everyone... perhaps you need to have android 2.2 or above to install it through rom manager? Im not sure.. I havent been on 2.1 for 3 months and I don't plan to go back. Help me out here people.. can anyone else confirm this?

Running FLB v9 ATM (v9b, it's Froyo) - no Blade support @CWM recovery...

Guest mvheuver
It was added.. last night. But.... please correct me if Im wrong everyone... perhaps you need to have android 2.2 or above to install it through rom manager? Im not sure.. I havent been on 2.1 for 3 months and I don't plan to go back. Help me out here people.. can anyone else confirm this?

It doesn't work for me either (am on 2.2, JJ9). It seems this only works when you already have CM7 installed.

Guest Bouncer5

Coudl someone help me with this like ASAP? im getting an Stautus 7 error trying to install!

Nightly 3 fro desired installed just fine...

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "balde" || getprop("ro.build.producut") == "blade"

Error in /sd/blade/cm_blade_full-3.zip (Status 7)

Install aborted

Edited by Bouncer5

Coudl someone help me with this like ASAP? im getting an Stautus 7 error trying to install!

Nightly 3 fro desired installed just fine...

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "balde" || getprop("ro.build.producut") == "blade"

Error in /sd/blade/cm_blade_full-3.zip (Status 7)

Install aborted

Upgrade to Clockwork to (3.0.0.5)

Guest doubleluckstur

Okay, it looks like you need to be on android 2.3 / cyanogenmod 7 to use rom manager. Which, in itself, is pretty silly.. especially if rom manager is supposed to be a way of getting cyanogenmod onto the Blade. But hey, I don't write the software.. it's only my opinion :D

Edited by doubleluckstur

Guest mvheuver
Okay, it looks like you need to be on android 2.3 / cyanogenmod 7 to use rom manager. Which, in itself, is pretty silly.. especially if rom manager is supposed to be a way of getting cyanogenmod onto the Blade. But hey, I don't write the software.. it's only my opinion :D

Yup, exactly. Kind of defeats the purpose really... Well, hopefully it will be useful for nightly builds and RC's once we have upgraded.

It is using 3.0.0.5...

Got a link so I can replace it?

Clockwork 3.0.0.5

I would double check your using 3.0.0.5 for sure, as error code 7 is usually from older vers of clockwork. (please correct if i'm wrong)

Edited by jaycc

Guest whatcolour
I compiled the kernel and the fix works it seems!

I'd still go with tonight's nightly for any other improvements across the whole of CM7, but for anyone who wants a quick fix until then here you go:

newtestboot.img

Edit: for anyone on RC1 or who wants a flashable zip I replaced the boot.img in Frankish's OC for RC1 with the one with Tom's fixed kernel.

Edit 2: I don't seem to be able to mount usb with this kernel, only able to mount in recovery (3.0.0.5 fwiw)

Thanks.

Just flashes this new kernel on top of RC1, sadly I had the screen off bug again!!! Took the phone off my ears several times during a call, worked in the first few instances, but after 3/4 times the screen never woke up :-(

Can someone else confirm this please?

Guest Bouncer5
Clockwork 3.0.0.5

I would double check your using 3.0.0.5 for sure, as error code 7 is usually from older vers of clockwork. (please correct if i'm wrong)

Was 3.0.0.5 for sure, Updated to 3.0.0.6 from XDA i think just to be sure, All is well now, Installed Nightly 3 all seems well.

Guest Frankish
Thanks.

Just flashes this new kernel on top of RC1, sadly I had the screen off bug again!!! Took the phone off my ears several times during a call, worked in the first few instances, but after 3/4 times the screen never woke up :-(

Can someone else confirm this please?

Yeah i also still have the problem...strange. I thought it was only a kernel patch? Although just for reference i can still mount my USB.

EDIT:

I'll wait for tonights nightly before i judge though... :D

Edited by Frankish

Guest martinkenney

Any one else had the phone power down and lock up. I.E screen blank does not respond to key or power buttons. Battery off to reboot.

Using Nightly 3.

Yeah i also still have the problem...strange. I thought it was only a kernel patch? Although just for reference i can still mount my USB.

EDIT:

I'll wait for tonights nightly before i judge though... :D

Yeah hopefully tonight's build does it, I wonder what's different in Mentzench's kernel because he said he has it working from Tom's sources.

Edit, did you flash the img or the zip? If it was the .zip I left everything of Frankish's (Yours!) intact and only swapped the boot.img?

Edited by jt_mcg

Guest doubleluckstur
Any one else had the phone power down and lock up. I.E screen blank does not respond to key or power buttons. Battery off to reboot.

Using Nightly 3.

I literally just had this. I plugged it in to the computer and it powered on.. like it was off. Even though id only just locked it. Strange.

I couldnt do anything until i plugged it in

Edited by doubleluckstur

Guest Frankish
Yeah hopefully tonight's build does it, I wonder what's different in Mentzench's kernel because he said he has it working from Tom's sources.

Edit, did you flash the img or the zip? If it was the .zip I left everything of Frankish's (Yours!) intact and only swapped the boot.img?

I just fastboot flashed the boot.img. Not sure of the difference...

Guest fonix232
somebody got the issue "no application can perform this action" when try to send an apk from filemanager?

I guess APK sending isn't enabled by default. Other file managers (like RootManager, etc) should enable it though (by forcing and/or not setting MIME type).

Guest DonJamal
I guess APK sending isn't enabled by default. Other file managers (like RootManager, etc) should enable it though (by forcing and/or not setting MIME type).

yep, thanks :D

Guest markastor

Hi!

I cannot mount my sdcard on the computer (usb storage).

From recovery I've got "unable to open ums lunfile" error message. I cannot mount it from the OS as well. :D

I use nightly 2 with the new kernel.

Edited by markastor

I just fastboot flashed the boot.img. Not sure of the difference...

Just trying to see what the variables are, I had a report from someone on nightly 3 that it fixed it.

I'm on my own built and it seems to work although I may not have made a long enough call.

When I was on jj9 I was overclocked up to 710 and things got hot quite often,yet on cm7 overclocked at 710 I hardly get any heat at all?

edit: sorry this is off topic with what you guys are talking about at the moment,but was wondering if others are experiencing this,and what could be the reasons.(I am on nightly 2)

Edited by Guest

Hi!

I cannot mount my sdcard on the computer.

From recovery I've got "unable to open ums lunfile" error meassage. I cannot mount it from the OS as well. :D

I use nightly 2 with the new kernel.

Fastboot flash the old boot.img or Install seb's clockwork 3.0.0.5 and mount USB with that.