CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest chall32
What a disappointment..screen off after call is, if anything, worse than before...def not fixed...wasted hour wipe & restore!

I updated from 3.0.0.5 to 3.0.0.6, wiped data, etc, format system & format cache installed nightly 4 still no luck screen still stays off :)

OK. Looks like a bit more cooking is required to fix that issue then.

Can you comment on any of the other bugs that are maked as "ShouldBeFixed" on the Issue tracker?

@Victor von Z - Any chance when updating the first post you can mark fixed issues as [FIXED] ? or even just put a line through them. As I (for one) am likely to be checking this thread either just before or during my first coffee of the morning, it needs to be dead obvious what's fixed and what isn't. :huh:

Guest leetron1
I guess no update for me. No point if proximity is still broken. Are people updating bug tracker with new logs?

Morning Frankish...some people claim to have this working, some not..fancy trying to weave your spell, give 4 a flash and report your findings..if not too busy?

Sorry mate..bit of a pfaff..what do you think?

Guest DonJamal

hmm... i thought i solved..but not :huh:

once it works once not....someone who reported that it works good would be so kindly to write down which clockwork and method was used for install?

Edited by DonJamal

Guest socialworker
But it was already reported to work if wiped extensively.

Nope, you can wipe until you bleed, it doesn't work.

Confirmed with a brand new install of nightly4, display doesn't come back after a call.

The 'false positives' reported here must be the same as before nightly4, the problem didn't seem to appear for everyone, especially with very short calls.

Guest doubleluckstur
Nope, you can wipe until you bleed, it doesn't work.

Confirmed with a brand new install of nightly4, display doesn't come back after a call.

The 'false positives' reported here must be the same as before nightly4, the problem didn't seem to appear for everyone, especially with very short calls.

I confirm this. It's still broken for me on a fresh install of N4

Anyone else having difficulties with Angry Birds? Mine refuses to start at all. Crashes right at the start. Other games such as NFS Shift work smoothly. Also Quadrant runs ok.

I did a clean install of Nightly build 4 (factory reset, wipe cahce), installed google apps and installed Angry birds from market.

i get this sometimes, clear the data for it and move to/back off sd card seems to fix it for me

Guest Simon O
Anybody here got a complete source installation and able to test out adding an "Eclair" option to the existing User-Agent choices in CM7? This might 'correct' some web sites' idea of whether the phone has Flash (e.g. filmon.com).

Hey, the browser has been updated with this code now. It 'should' be in nightly 4 but if not it'll definitely be in nightly 5. :huh:

Guest ThrashMan

My experience of N4: (I have updated the bug reports)

Random screen lockups: Seems to be recreatable by sliding the manual brightness level up & down. N4 locks every time for me.

Auto-brightness: Still only adjusts once then sticks (testing using a flashlight)

CM auto-brightness: Still FC when selecting to edit custom values

Battery: I don't think there is a battery drain issue, it looks more like CM7 reporting values lower than they are. In Froyo the battery read 65%, flashed into N4 and battery read 18%, tested for a while then flashed Froyo back and battery read 44%

Guest doubleluckstur

The cyanogenmod team are asking for a logcat for anyone who still has the problem in nightly 4 of the screen not coming back after a call. Is anyone able to give them one.. because Ive just restored to nightly 3 with all my data etc.

Issue 2851 <-- Click if you can give a log.

Guest Hans Gruber
Battery: I don't think there is a battery drain issue, it looks more like CM7 reporting values lower than they are. In Froyo the battery read 65%, flashed into N4 and battery read 18%, tested for a while then flashed Froyo back and battery read 44%

Has anyone tried allowing the battery to drain to "0%" to see if the phone keeps on going?

Guest Simon O
The cyanogenmod team are asking for a logcat for anyone who still has the problem in nightly 4 of the screen not coming back after a call. Is anyone able to give them one.. because Ive just restored to nightly 3 with all my data etc.

I'm not on the team but still want logs :huh:

Guest whatcolour
Have you ticked "Allow Light Decrease" in CM Display Settings?

Thanks! did the trick for me, should be put in first post if you ask me. but just how many ticks does one need to enable auto-brightness?

Not sure about this issue but I did have a problem last night on N3 with the touchscreen stopping working during X Construction, had to remove the battery. I did save the log using alogcat from the market afterwards but do you think that would contain the required info after a reboot? Had thought about logging it as a bug but not sure if enough info there.

Guest DonJamal

somebody tried to see another rom how this proxy works..i mean in froyo jjrls9 it works perfectly..maybe the settings from that rom would be helpfull...if its just calibration problem and not driver problem

Guest marcodassi

Hello to all the cool people in the forum!

Regarding screen blank during / after a call, I've found that by using a bluetooth headset the problem is gone :huh:

(however, it's always present if I use the phone alone)

I'm on nightly 4

Best regards!

- marco

Edited by marcodassi

Guest targetbsp

Post from TomG on the bugtracker says the screen off fix didn't make it into last nights nightly. So hopefully it does work and we just don't have it yet!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest ThrashMan
Have you ticked "Allow Light Decrease" in CM Display Settings?

None of the CM Display Settings were enabled and thefore shouldn't be affecting the standard auto-brightness?

Guest hecatae
Post from TomG on the bugtracker says the screen off fix didn't make it into last nights nightly. So hopefully it does work and we just don't have it yet!

a clean repo sync should pull it in then, Jacob states that repo sync alone is not pulling in the new kernel

Guest DonJamal

wow.. so thats the reason why it doesnt works :huh:

Guest doubleluckstur

can you give me a link to this?