CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

It was said yesterday or the day before in this thread

that you have to have CM7 installed first before the Blade shows up on that list

you do not have to pay for a premium version

I also, and this is quite important, Put it in the first post! :huh:

Are we gonna start reporting people who don't read it, Lew?

I really wish people would read the 1st post and the last 2 pages - that would stop a lot of the "repeat questions".

On a different subject has anyone suggested andorko's FM radio app and the changes he made to the kernel to make it work to the developers of CM?

That fm radio app is looking awesum now especially with rds working on it.

Edited: I took my own advice and read the last post in the Fm radio thread - even though I had read it this morning and the comment wasn't there then.

Guest doubleluckstur
I also, and this is quite important, Put it in the first post! :)

Are we gonna start reporting people who don't read it, Lew?

In the first post, why don't you date when each fix was added. I like dates.... :huh:

Guest doubleluckstur
I really wish people would read the 1st post and the last 2 pages - that would stop a lot of the "repeat questions".

On a different subject has anyone suggested andorko's FM radio app and the changes he made to the kernel to make it work to the developers of CM?

That fm radio app is looking awesum now especially with rds working on it.

post it on the cyanogenmod bug tracker thing. They already have a 'broken Radio' issue.. Ive just posted my logcat which has reopened the issue

In the first post, why don't you date when each fix was added. I like dates.... :huh:

Well I'm using the [NEW] tag to denote what's come up since the last nightly, that's a good way of doing it, because really, you don't need to know when a fix was added, just as long as it's in the newest build.

Guest doubleluckstur
Well I'm using the [NEW] tag to denote what's come up since the last nightly, that's a good way of doing it, because really, you don't need to know when a fix was added, just as long as it's in the newest build.

Ah okay... yeh that's close enough :huh:

Guest chall32

Silly Question, Is any one else seeing a " | " at the end of there lockscreen operator text?

post-618544-1298385647_thumb.png

Or is it just me :huh:

Running Nightly 4, but this been there from RC1... If it's just me then OK no worries, if it's not just me then I'll raise an issue...

@Victor - cheers for making first post pre-morning coffee proof :)

Guest doubleluckstur
Silly Question, Is any one else seeing a " | " at the end of there lockscreen operator text?

Running Nightly 4, but this been there from RC1... If it's just me then OK no worries, if it's not just me then I'll raise an issue...

It's just you! On mine, it's just 'Orange'

No problem, doubt i'd get it updated before your actual coffee of course, but I'll try.

Also, your | problem...I only get that when I have no signal, and it says "No Signal | Tesco" for me.

Who are you on, just standard o2?

Guest chall32
It's just you! On mine, it's just 'Orange'

OK. Frikkin O2... :huh: Not even going to go there with the whole "O2-UK" vs "Telefonica O2 blah blah blah"

No got signal..... (see screenshot for proof!)

Standard O2 Contract

Edited by chall32

Guest doubleluckstur
OK. Frikkin O2... :huh: Not even going to go there with the whole "O2-UK" vs "Telefonica O2 blah blah blah"

No got signal..... (see screenshot for proof!)

Standard O2 Contract

My only guess is theres not enough room to display it all... there may be words after '|' but the screen isn't big enough to display it... unless its just there for no reason atall lol

Guest jekin77

yep , i have the same "|" at the end of provider name ->"Vodafone D2 GmbH|"

Guest chall32
My only guess is theres not enough room to display it all... there may be words after '|' but the screen isn't big enough to display it... unless its just there for no reason atall lol

LOL If that is indeed true, I wonder what the hidden bit of text says.... Probably something like " | wouldn't run O2 if you paid me?" LOL

Back on track, drop down operator text is fine:

post-618544-1298386750_thumb.png

Guest doubleluckstur
yep , i have the same "|" at the end of provider name ->"Vodafone D2 GmbH|"

Right, so I put my virgin sim in this what i thought was 'locked' san fran. but i didnt need to put any numbers in :| and its saying im on t mobile, even though its a virgin sim! :| bit freaked out.. but I can comfirm that I now see 'T-Mobile|' even though im on virgin.. lol

smaller2x.jpgsmallervf.jpg

Edited by doubleluckstur

Guest doubleluckstur
Virgin uses Orange & T-Mobile's network.

Ahhh I didn't know that. One big happy family lol

Sorry but I don't have an O2 sim... I have everything else though :huh:

Edited by doubleluckstur

Guest doubleluckstur

It seems only Orange doesn't have the little '|'.... and giffgaff apparently lol

See my pic.. no '|':

photofeb2231603pm.jpg

P.S sorry for all the pics... its only because I love my white phone xD

Edited by doubleluckstur

:huh:

He used one of my update zips as a base for it.

You make the best update.zips!

I don't have the pipe at the end of the operator text, but it says "Hutchison 3G IReland limited" miscapitalisations included, rather than 3 like on 2.2

Edited by jt_mcg

Guest oh!dougal
Right, so I put my virgin sim in this what i thought was 'locked' san fran. but i didnt need to put any numbers in :| and its saying im on t mobile, even though its a virgin sim! :| bit freaked out.. but I can comfirm that I now see 'T-Mobile|' even though im on virgin.. lol

<image>

About the "locked" to network thing.

That actually seems to be a rom-thing.

Your phone (as such) is still locked...

... BUT the rom is not checking that lock. (That 'not checking' was standard on some "never was locked" scandinavian phones, and gave their owners a surprise when they flashed in a rom that DID check the lock!)

This could quite possibly be connected to your issue of having the carrier network (T-Mobile) being displayed rather than the virtual network (Virgin) that your sim uses.

I suggest that because giffgaff and Tesco (other virtual networks) are displaying the virtual network name, not the carrier ... (and I bet their phones ARE unlocked.)

Unfortunately, to unlock the phone properly, you need to revert it to use a rom that does check the lock, so that you get a chance to enter the unlock code ...

But at least the unlock code is free! (Give Thanks!)

Edited by oh!dougal

Guest doubleluckstur
You make the best update.zips!

I don't have the pipe at the end of the operator text, but it says "Hutchison 3G IReland limited" miscapitalisations included, rather than 3 like on 2.2

perhaps we should report this then? There's obviously a mistake somewhere in the code..

Guest doubleluckstur
About the "locked" to network thing.

That actually seems to be a rom-thing.

Your phone (as such) is still locked...

... BUT the rom is not checking that lock.

This could quite possibly be connected to your issue of having the carrier network (T-Mobile) being displayed rather than the virtual network (Virgin) that your sim uses.

I suggest that because giffgaff and Tesco (other virtual networks) are displaying the virtual network name, not the carrier ... (and I bet their phones ARE unlocked.)

Unfortunately, to unlock the phone properly, you need to revert it to use a rom that does check the lock, so that you get a chance to enter the unlock code ...

Pff... I was only checking for you guys. Im quite happy on Orange.. so theres no need to unlock the phone. But thanks for telling me this. I thought there was an error hehe