CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest Ralph Martin
You have to remember that the CM code isn't specific to the Blade - it's common across multiple devices. Unfortunately, the CM code doesn't yet support the Blade's FM radio chip... The devs didn't "rip out the support" - it was never supported in the first place!

Supporting the Blade's FM radio is classed as new functionality, so they're not allowing it for the 7.0 release.

Agreed, looking at it from the CM point of view, this is reasonable terminology.

I was starting from the perspective that an earlier build had the code in (albeit not working).

From a code configuration and management point of view, the "problem" could be considered to have included the radio code in the first place - but I guess if it had "just worked" then nobody would have complained "bug - radio code accidentally included". :huh:

Anyway, let's drop this rather pointless argument. Clearly a working radio is a feature many users would like at some point, judging by the number of people who have starred it in the bug tracker.

It seems that some driver code for the Blade FM chip needs to be added to the CM kernel. It would be great if that could be andorko's code (with the bonus of RDS support; and it is the proper driver code for the RDS chip that is actually built in).

If we want this for Version 7.1 it would be great if flibblesan could prepare a patch against the current CM code (he did so for his custom kernel). If the patch is there and it worked, chances are that it will be pulled. If not for 7.0, then at least for 7.1. Since this code is probably "Blade only", I see no reason that Cyanogen cannot be convinced to pull it.

A big, big please with lots of sugar on it, Flib :huh:

Edited by _amano

Guest Nick Rhodes
This has been already solved in new nightly 4 or in nightly 6.

+1 people who see their problem solved please unstar the issue in the bug tracker and to all people who still encounter problems, PLEASE star it in the issue tracker. The link is in the firs post.

DONT unstar.

If the bug turns out not to be fixed (as can sometimes happens), it may look like the reoccurance does not affect everybody.

Also, the bug should be marked as "shouldbefixed", which negates the need to unstar, if the bug still exists, reopen it.

Starring simply is used as a reference to see how many people a bug affects and can be used as part of a decision on what bug to next work on.

Cheers, Nick

Guest DonJamal
I installed the new v4 (that was actually 5) last night over RC1, with no wipe, and it works great for me!

works 4me too..cuz i installed the new kernel.. just asked the n6 got it or not :huh:

Nick Rohdes: You contradict yourself. If "starring" is simply "used as a reference to see how many people a bug affects" then it is recommended to unstar. Because YOU are not affected (any more). If a bug is marked fixed or shouldbefixed, it doesn't mean that it is fixed for everybody. Mostly just for the person who marked the bug fixed. Everybody who starred before has to test himself if the bug is fixed for HIM.

Thus, UNSTAR if not affected or not affected anymore.

Nothing new though, unless I'm missing something.

No Blade specific bugs are fixed. But CM patches are pulled constantly

Edited by _amano

Guest targetbsp
Battery percentage in notification bar in cm settings II tweeks.

Thanks for the headsup on that! I've now been able to ditch my theme which was the stock theme plus that exact battery percentage icon lol.

Saves some internal phone memory which is precious with the sd card bug and makes autostarts easier to use (it doesn't work when a tmobile theme is applied)

Is there anywhere I can see what's new in Cyanogen in general then? Rather than just the whats new to the Blade which I have bookmarked now?

Edited by targetbsp

Hm, I still get the screen blank after call issue.

Went from N4+New Kernel to N6 without wiping though. Not sure if I had the problem on N4+New Kernel.

Anybody else?

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Angry Birds not running with Nightly 6 :)

Girlfriend wont be happy - Restoring to JJ9 now :P

You have to move it to the phone not the SD card where it installs to.

Try that before restoring :huh:

Guest DonJamal

Went from N4+New Kernel to N6 without wiping though. Not sure if I had the problem on N4+New Kernel.

Anybody else?

try with wip data and pls post the result

Edited by DonJamal

Guest thechosen
You have to move it to the phone not the SD card where it installs to.

Try that before restoring :huh:

Restore was still in progress :)

Re-Restore to CM7 Nightly 6... Is there an Issue for App2SD?

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Restore was still in progress :)

Re-Restore to CM7 Nightly 6... Is there an Issue for App2SD?

Yip, it's on the bug tracker.

Angry Birds is always used as the example but it FC's on SD card works great if moved to phone. :huh:

Guest Frankish
It seems that some driver code for the Blade FM chip needs to be added to the CM kernel. It would be great if that could be andorko's code (with the bonus of RDS support; and it is the proper driver code for the RDS chip that is actually built in).

If we want this for Version 7.1 it would be great if flibblesan could prepare a patch against the current CM code (he did so for his custom kernel). If the patch is there and it worked, chances are that it will be pulled. If not for 7.0, then at least for 7.1. Since this code is probably "Blade only", I see no reason that Cyanogen cannot be convinced to pull it.

A big, big please with lots of sugar on it, Flib :)

Anyone could fix it in the kernel and provide a separate boot.img for us to use. They would just have to re-add the fixes each time the CM guys update their kernel. So any takers...? :huh:

At least a boot.img for the final CM 7 would be ultra fine. And the corrispondent patch offered as a pull-candidate for 7.1...

flibblesan or kallt_kaffe, please (with lots of frozen yoghurt and ice cream on your gingerbread cookies)

:huh:

Guest Pirttila

Anybody else?

Yep, yesterday with N4 + new kernel screen still freezes. Now i try with N6.

I read something like this in an froyo custom thread. If i recall correctly, you have to switch in Settings-Language&Keyboard from English (US) to English (UK) or vice versa.

Beer for you :huh:

Guest themighysquitt

After trying CM7 a couple of times (RC 1 & nightly 4 with new kernel) I feel its best for me to stick to Fibblesan's reliable G2 froyo ROM (well for now anyway).

CM7 is a nice ROM, very smooth but at the moment I find its unsuitable for everyday use. I managed to sort the black screen issue when making calls but the poor battery life (where on Fibblesan's ROM can last upto about 4 days on lite useage) is a big no no for me !!

Guest cooldfuzion
After trying CM7 a couple of times (RC 1 & nightly 4 with new kernel) I feel its best for me to stick to Fibblesan's reliable G2 froyo ROM (well for now anyway).

CM7 is a nice ROM, very smooth but at the moment I find its unsuitable for everyday use. I managed to sort the black screen issue when making calls but the poor battery life (where on Fibblesan's ROM can last upto about 4 days on lite useage) is a big no no for me !!

4 days... :huh:

Edited by cooldfuzion

Guest rayraven

^+1.

Offtopic, but seriously, people seem to claim days of standby use, which most people including me find ridiculous at best.

The most i can get out of it is 2 days of standby, if i switch off wifi/3g and use 2G networks only.

So, either we're missing a secret tip here, or people are just jerking us around.

Would be nice if people shared their battery tips...

P.S: I'm still holding off moving to CM because of the proximity sensor issue, which still seems to have conflicting answers, can anyone with an OLED blade [assuming this has something to do with the OLED/TFT batch difference] confirm if its fixed?

Thanks

Edited by rayraven