CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest t0mm13b

Was on Nightly 4, with the kernel fix, the rom manager - I updated/upgraded to premium, it pulled down the ROM from the CM nightly... thing is, with wifi on, "Check for ROM Updates", it's CM #6 nightly, that's what I pulled down,"CyanogenMod-7-02232011-NIGHTLY-Blade", then, installed it (which BTW is excellent!!! It backed up nightly 4 ROM, wiped data/cache, installed the new version all went without a hitch), now, on this linky, it's dated 2011-02-24 01:30:09, so which is it? :huh:

Guest daniel2k10

Every time I flash a new nightly it costs me some of my nervs. :huh: Nightly 6 does not have the proximity bug anymore but now another really mean one; it logs in to 3g on it's own even when turned off in the options.. it turns itself on in the background! So for everyone who doesn't have an internet flat this rom will be really really expensive!

And yes, I've wiped data and cache and formated system before flashing this rom.

Guest targetbsp
On another subject, I've been playing around with Rom Manager a bit today. It's kinda neat. I'm tempted to buy the premium version. I like the idea of it downloading each nightly, backing up my current rom and then flashing the new one for me. :) It's just a shame it's only for CM7 so I have to be sure I'm sticking with this rom for it to be worthwhile.

I just tried it in FLB and it works fine so I think I will be getting premium! I was just going off the earlier posts where it had been noted that it doesn't let you install clockwork for the Blade outside of CM7. But it seems happy to work with the clockwork I got it to install from within CM7. :huh:

Guest JimJam707
and much less options. :huh:

That's not really a problem for me. I never use widgets or stuff.

And the only custom option I used in LauncherPro was the 3D Drawer. This launcher has it built in.

Edited by JimJam707

Guest JimJam707
everyone else...would prefer another dialer? :huh:

Or just me?

PS: BTW...N6...seems awesome.

I quite like CyanogenMod's dialer. Then again I used CM on my last phone so I'm used to it.

Guest fonix232
I found ADW and LauncherPro to be a bit laggy on #6.

The stock 2.3 Launcher is so much faster :huh:

Setting some stuff with ADW (I personally use ADW Ex), like WP hack off, and removing dock from launcher fastens it up a lot. Cleaning cache and dalvik-cache helps a lot too.

Guest JimJam707
Setting some stuff with ADW (I personally use ADW Ex), like WP hack off, and removing dock from launcher fastens it up a lot. Cleaning cache and dalvik-cache helps a lot too.

Sweet :huh: I'll give that a go in a sec.

And because I love you guys I'll make a youtube video for those not sure whether to flash it or not.

Guest reluctant_traveller

Can not remember now which ROM I was using that allowed you to record the call by pressing menu whilst in call; Either JJ9 or Flb9.

Will just install Allcallrecorder to replace it.

Must be a dialer out there that has the feature from the stock dialer of t9 name entry, without the battery drain bug, but that also doesn't come loaded with tonnes of extra unwanted features or cartoon icons; my google-fu is rubbish I know.

Guest spaceguy
Sweet :huh: I'll give that a go in a sec.

And because I love you guys I'll make a youtube video for those not sure whether to flash it or not.

okej a youtube video would be wonderful. thank you

Guest feckineejit

I got the problem with the data switching itself on. If i turn on wifi, then switch it of again the data switches on, and i need to untick it to switch it of again.

Can someone with this problem report it to CyanogenMod as i dont know how to. :huh:

Edited by feckineejit

Every time I flash a new nightly it costs me some of my nervs. :huh: Nightly 6 does not have the proximity bug anymore but now another really mean one; it logs in to 3g on it's own even when turned off in the options.. it turns itself on in the background! So for everyone who doesn't have an internet flat this rom will be really really expensive!

And yes, I've wiped data and cache and formated system before flashing this rom.

My data connection activates after I turn off Wi-Fi even though it's not activated in menu, quite weird.

Just wanted to thank everybody involved in the development of this great Rom.

This truly is one of the greatest Custom Roms for our beloved ZTE Blade.

And once again I am very happy to have picked this smartphone.

Thank you very much!

Guest The Soup Thief

Nightly 6 - lovely!

Just had a 5 minute call - back to life with no screen worries following

Very slick scrolling on gingerbread launcher (don't like ADW)

Yay CM7 and all the little wizards wot dun it! :huh:

Guest fabulous2

Sorry for the hickup, but is the proximity sensor fully fixed with #6? It still bugs out on my phone (just flashed). And I can't seem to understand the various settings for automatic brightness adjustment. What option actually works?

Edit: It's actually possible to bring the display back when I hold it to my ear a second time. To be precise: Make call, hold to ear, take it into your hand, hold it to the ear again, it's back. Weird.

Edit2: Nevermind, restarting solved both problems.

Edited by fabulous2

Guest t0mm13b
I dunno, I have one at the top of the post(ish), and i'm keeping it updated just with what's appeared since the RC. When A fix was added doesn't matter. Anything added since the last nightly I will use a [NEW] tag for, however. But as you can see, nothing's changed, just sorta, brought upto date.

Cheers Victor :) That clarifies it! :huh: w00t.... \o/

Guest Pelemane
For people saying there phone is staying blank after call, mine was staying blank, but after about 20-30 it would come on again, (nighty 6) so i done the fix from skymera post:

i added this to my build.prop: mot.proximity.delay=150

rebooted and it is much quicker to respond.

Thanks for that m8

Just installed nightly 6 (had newer n4) and proximity works but it is still very slow. It takes 1-2 seconds to screen turn on.

So can I just add that mot.proximity.delay=150 to the end of my build prop?

Why can I put a 4G (WiMAX) button on power widget :huh: Blade is pretty darn good phone but I'm pretty sure that it can't use WiMAX. :)

Guest JimJam707
Why can I put a 4G (WiMAX) button on power widget :) Blade is pretty darn good phone but I'm pretty sure that it can't use WiMAX. :P

Hit it with a hammer and put duck tape on it. Should fix the WiMAX problem :huh:

Guest doubleluckstur
1. So guys, do you recommend ADW launcher for this one? Or stock launcher?

2. After I install this version, installin' next versions needs wipe?

1. Stock. Stock is stocky and awesome and fast.

2. No.