CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Is it just me or the pics of the cam look much better than before.

taking pictures takes longer. but quality is improved ???

battery drain seems to be gone with build 6.runs the whole day now and batterie still 70%.

:huh: i like it.

hope they fix soon the nasty imap bug then its perfect.

Guest AppleBelly
Yeah, seems there's something up with Gmail because it's just been updated (according to my Blade, anyway). I couldn't navigate to it via the Market app Update screen ("not found"), but a long press and then select "Update" and it did the deed.

Thanks all for the help. Where did you do the long press?

Guest targetbsp
Guys, Does anyone know what time the nightlys are built? I know it's like midnight in america, but I don't know what that is here in England :S

According to a faq on xda they build at midnight gmt. But even so their build time over the past few nights has been between half midnight and 3:30 so I wouldn't stay up for it! If their timing is american then you need to add 4 to 8 hours to that depending upon which american time zone.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest gitly-git
Says on first page "makes sure you have the latest version of Clockwork installed, which, to be safe is 3.0.0.6"

Download the update zip and install, then install CM7 again.

Clockwork update.

Got that, installed latest clockwork. But I think it was as daft as not taking battery out before flashing zip. Got used to not doing that with Froyo updates.

Sorry and thanks.

Guest JimJam707
America is hours behind us. If those times quoted (between half midnight and 3:30 am) are american then it's basically early morning our time.

Yeah. It doesn't help that America has more than one time zone :S

Thanks anyway.

Guest Bazd123
I can confirm the Data Connection bug - it connects itself right after disconnecting the WiFi, requires re-disabling Data Connection setting.

Looks like somebody messed something up a little, but I hope it'll be easy to track n' fix.

Same here too.

Guest doubleluckstur
In Market app, press "My Apps" then long press on Gmail in the list (assuming it's listed as having an update available).

'Gmail market application pulled from market due to stability issues'

in other words, wait until tomorrow. lol

Guest targetbsp
does anyone know what compcache is in cyanogen settings,and what is best % to set it on ?

According to their wiki: off!

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?titl...p_and_Compcache

Its ram compression for phones with low amounts of ram. Unless you're running out of ram (which seems unlikely on a blade) you'll basically slow your phone down by using it.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Rotmann
Got that, installed latest clockwork. But I think it was as daft as not taking battery out before flashing zip. Got used to not doing that with Froyo updates.

Sorry and thanks.

No, you are just a n00b who is unable to read and apply what people write (even in the damn title), that's all. :huh:

According to their wiki: off!

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?titl...p_and_Compcache

Its ram compression for phones with low amounts of ram. Unless you're running out of ram (which seems unlikely on a blade) you'll basically slow your phone down by using it.

thanks. :huh:

I did notice that my qaudrant score droped by using compcache,i have now disabled it

Edited by Guest

As an aside, makes sure you have the latest version of Clockwork installed, which, to be safe is 3.0.0.6. This can be downloaded from Seb's post, linked above, or through ROM manager. However. ROM manager will only install newer clockworks for our blades from with CM7, unfortunately.

I am sorry - I don't get the red part in this sentence - could someone please explain to me what it means? :huh:

Guest OckoTomBrok

Hi,

just flashed Nightly 6 on a 128MB partition.

Unfortunately, I can't access to my WLAN anymore. It worked fine under Jellyfish (but not under BASE Lutea Stock ROM).

I re-entered the password a couple of times, so I don't think it's that.

It tries to connect to my WiFi three times (very fast) and then deactivates it, without any further notice...

As I can't register my phone with google (unstable connection) it's pretty useless right now...

Any ideas?

Best,

Jan

tonydl // Rommanager:

However. ROM manager will only install newer clockworks for our blades from with CM7, unfortunately.

To install CM for the first time you have to manually install the latest Recovery and the CM-update.zip plus Google Apps.

For updating from Nightly 6 to 7 and so on you can use the App Rom Manager

(it is not clear why but the Blade is only listed(=supported) by Rommanager when CM is already installed on the Blade - it's wired, but it is so)

when i think again : i don't know if he really meant that - what i wrote is happening, i just don't know if he didn't mean something else

Edited by Kr0nos

Guest Rotmann
Hi,

just flashed Nightly 6 on a 128MB partition.

Unfortunately, I can't access to my WLAN anymore. It worked fine under Jellyfish (but not under BASE Lutea Stock ROM).

I re-entered the password a couple of times, so I don't think it's that.

It tries to connect to my WiFi three times (very fast) and then deactivates it, without any further notice...

As I can't register my phone with google (unstable connection) it's pretty useless right now...

Any ideas?

Best,

Jan

Did you wipe/delete cache/format system partition? Did you reset your wi-fi router and the blade? Did you try with another router? Or just change the password to 123456 for a short time to test.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest OckoTomBrok

Thanks for your fast answer!

Here are mine:

> Did you wipe/delete cache/format system partition?

Yes I did a "wipe cache" and a "factory reset" (again). No difference.

> Did you reset your wi-fi router and the blade?

Not possible for the WLAN-router, but I restarted the blade a couple of times

> Did you try with another router?

Nope, no other accesible in the moment

>Or just change the password to 123456 for a short time to test.

Also not possible (it's not MY WLAN router)

However, I re-flashed with Jellyfish RLS9 and the wifi worked immediately... So this is strong evidence for an error in CM7, isn't it?

Anything I can help with, to sort that out (some special logs?)

Best,

Jan

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
tonydl // Rommanager:

To install CM for the first time you have to manually install the latest Recovery and the CM-update.zip plus Google Apps.

For updating from Nightly 6 to 7 and so on you can use the App Rom Manager

(it is not clear why but the Blade is only listed(=supported) by Rommanager when CM is already installed on the Blade - it's wired, but it is so)

when i think again : i don't know if he really meant that - what i wrote is happening, i just don't know if he didn't mean something else

Aye, woops. I meant from Within CM7. It was just a typo. It reads better like that, "You can only install clockwork mod with the rom manager within CM7". Sorry if it was ambiguous and causing difficulties. I'm plainly not a writer, but it is changed now.

Guest Rotmann

Here are mine:

> Did you wipe/delete cache/format system partition?

Yes I did a "wipe cache" and a "factory reset" (again). No difference.

> Did you reset your wi-fi router and the blade?

Not possible for the WLAN-router, but I restarted the blade a couple of times

> Did you try with another router?

Nope, no other accesible in the moment

>Or just change the password to 123456 for a short time to test.

Also not possible (it's not MY WLAN router)

However, I re-flashed with Jellyfish RLS9 and the wifi worked immediately... So this is strong evidence for an error in CM7, isn't it?

Anything I can help with, to sort that out (some special logs?)

Best,

Jan

Hi, no one reported this problem, I think it's an exception. The only solution I have seen at some people is to restart the WLAN router, maybe you can sort it out :huh: Good luck.

Guest ThrashMan

Here are mine:

[snip]

Best,

Jan

Do you know what security is being used on the WLAN? i.e. WPA / WPA2, AES/TKIP?

I use WPA + TKIP (WPA Personal) and it has worked with every ROM I've tried on here.

It's possible CM7 doesn't fully support a particular configuration of wireless encryption & security?