CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest skymera

Anyone having problems with copying files to the SD from within the phone?

I tried to copy an app from /system/app to /sdcard yesterday. It showed it copied but when I mounted the SD card in Arch. It wasn't there.

Likewise, I copied a different apk from my Arch PC to the SD card and then disabled mass storage. Root Explorer showed the file size as 0 yet If i mounted once again, the file was fully intact and I could look inside with an archive manager from Arch.

Flashed nightly 6 yesterday

I installed the Nightly 6 also, wanted to install also the market (google apps), but it is rebooting and cannot mount the SD card (on here in the root there is the zip file).

How to install???

Graphics performance has definitely improved over RC1 - for instance, app drawer animation in ADW EX with live wallpaper enabled was very choppy in RC1. Now it's just as smooth as with regular wallpaper :>

If the USB tethering issue gets fixed, CM7 will be the perfect rom for me.

Guest Qwertzycoatl
I installed the Nightly 6 also, wanted to install also the market (google apps), but it is rebooting and cannot mount the SD card (on here in the root there is the zip file).

How to install???

Are you flashing these from Clockwork?

Guest Qwertzycoatl
yes, when I click the zip file it reboots my phone and want to install, but the error appears

I would suggest redownloading the Gapps file then and trying the flash again.

It should install the apps then you reboot and it prompts you at startup to install whatever you want etc.

Guest IronDoc

Anyone else having trouble with MyPlayer and Beebplayer? Beebplayer won't start a program and MyPlayer cuts out after a few minutes. I'm not sure if it's a more general issue with video yet.

Oh also, the stock browser doesn't seem to be consistently loading pageson the first attempt. I have to refresh pretty often.

Will test and grab some logs.

Guest t0mm13b

This is a new one - When the blade gets plugged into a Windows PC, the name of the device plugged in is not "blade", more of a string of numbers/characters....

Also, the ROM Manager (I have pointed this out in previous posting) that the date's are different for the download of the nightly - the Download of the ROM, is a "day behind" on the mirror's website... did anyone notice that?

Am running CM7 nightly 6, and have experienced screen freezes, battery draining, random reboots... :huh:

Guest JimJam707
This is a new one - When the blade gets plugged into a Windows PC, the name of the device plugged in is not "blade", more of a string of numbers/characters....

Also, the ROM Manager (I have pointed this out in previous posting) that the date's are different for the download of the nightly - the Download of the ROM, is a "day behind" on the mirror's website... did anyone notice that?

Am running CM7 nightly 6, and have experienced screen freezes, battery draining, random reboots... :huh:

+1 Confirm.

Going into adb with my Blade plugged in and typing in adb devices gives me:

List of devices attached

1234567890ABCDEF device

Guest Chris_M

Settings / Applications / Development / Device hostname :huh:

Guest JimJam707
Settings / Applications / Development / Device hostname :huh:

I dont't think that's it though. The default Device Hostname for me was "android-e4133c740cb25b9c"

However, typing in adb devices in adb gives me

List of devices attached

1234567890ABCDEF device

So they're not the same.

Guest t0mm13b
Settings / Applications / Development / Device hostname :)

I am inclined to think it's in the build.prop or default.prop somewhere....

By the sound of that, that is for the host name, not the device name.... :huh:

Guest Chris_M

The build date is normally around 01:30am, so the build probably started the previous day. I think the date in "About phone" corresponds to when the build started, whereas the file date on the build server corresponds to when it was finally completed.

Guest IronDoc

It's a-f 1-6 or something by default. I saw a setting for it somewhere I think.

Edit: Thought it might be build.prop but it's not there. Starting to doubt I'm remembering correctly.

Edited by IronDoc

Guest t0mm13b
It's a-f 1-6 or something by default. I saw a setting for it somewhere I think.

Edit: Thought it might be build.prop but it's not there. Starting to doubt I'm remembering correctly.

Have opened an issue on the tracker.. 2984... :-)

Guest Hans Gruber

Today my battery has drained 18% in the 5-6 hours since being unplugged, with very little use, which seems excessive to me. Sometimes it will come out of standby mode with the home key so I'm thinking maybe the battery drain is down to it not fully going into sleep mode? Using nightly 6

Edited by Hans Gruber

Guest saxen08

I put nightly 6 on my phone in this morning and everything seemed to work well until i made a call on skype. After i finish talking the touchscreen became unresponsive and i had to take out the battery... the menu, backbutton etc still worked. This happened 3 times.

I put nightly 6 on my phone in this morning and everything seemed to work well until i made a call on skype. After i finish talking the touchscreen became unresponsive and i had to take out the battery... the menu, backbutton etc still worked. This happened 3 times.

Did you try sleeping the phone then waking it up? This should fix it.

Is it the possibility to set "Menu" key to wake up the device. My power button is broken, in RC1 I was able to do this, in Nightly 6, I could not do this? How to sort out this?

Everything seems to be working fine with only 2 exceptions so far;

The random touchscreen freezes (is this a kernel issue?)

Ive dropped from 100% battery to 90% in 1hour30mins. That has got to be excessive O.o

Guest ambisingh

i am also haveing the problem in N6 where when you turn off wifi it connects to 3g data and therefore charging me as i dont have a intenet package so have switched back to N1

Edited by ambisingh

Guest mELIANTE
i am also haveing the problem in N6 where when you turn off wifi it connects to 3g data and therefore charging me as i dont have a intenet package so have switched back to N1

Check the widget settings.