CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Sorry, horrible n00b question here. Am I right in thinking Gmail was disabled deliberately? Every other Google app is fine, can find them all in the market, but Gmail is nowhere to be seen. I've installed it by ripping the .apk from another ROM and that works okay but without a market entry, so no updates.

Im sure I saw somewhere this was deliberate, as it's not in the Google app pack either :s

i am also haveing the problem in N6 where when you turn off wifi it connects to 3g data and therefore charging me as i dont have a intenet package so have switched back to N1

Turn DATA off.

It makes no difference if you connect to 2g or 3g - if data is on it will use it - if off it cant

Sorry, horrible n00b question here. Am I right in thinking Gmail was disabled deliberately? Every other Google app is fine, can find them all in the market, but Gmail is nowhere to be seen. I've installed it by ripping the .apk from another ROM and that works okay but without a market entry, so no updates.

Im sure I saw somewhere this was deliberate, as it's not in the Google app pack either :s

Had the same problem - Check out GMail on the market via browser, if it says "not available for your carrier", then install this:

https://market.android.com/details?id=ch.ra...d.marketenabler

and change your carrier temporarily for finding/installing it.

Everyone having problems with the GMail app - it was reported yesterday that problems with the updated app had led to it being temporarily yanked from the market - perhaps it hasn't been put back yet.

Report here: Android Central

Aahha I see, totally misunderstood, I thought the CM team pulled it, didn't realize it's a global thing O.o Blimey.

Guys. Im just waiting for my new ZTE Blade - with 2GB SD Card.

And I see, that there are problems with installing applications.

What is it about?

And how to make it, that applications, games - everything will install on SD card? Phone itself has got only 150MB of free space.

Guest JimJam707
Guys. Im just waiting for my new ZTE Blade - with 2GB SD Card.

And I see, that there are problems with installing applications.

What is it about?

And how to make it, that applications, games - everything will install on SD card? Phone itself has got only 150MB of free space.

Some games with built in libs (libarys) are not running off the SD Card. Mostly games.

150mb is plenty.

Turn DATA off.

It makes no difference if you connect to 2g or 3g - if data is on it will use it - if off it cant

Oh yes it can. Even with data OFF, this ROM uses data when wifi is not available. You have to ENABLE data and then DISABLE it again to actually switch off data. This is a big deal for those of us with no data plan who rely on wifi.

This did not happen with nightly 4/5.

(and thanks for pointing me to the cyanogen forum)

Guest skull_fcuk

Thank you CM crew. I've stuck with this ROM since RC1, and have been enjoying a faster smoother and more enjoyable experience with my Blade. As the Wife said the other day, i've never put this phone down since buying it. I'm occasionally getting random reboots (fewer than before), screen freezes (locking unlocking sorts).

Overall i'm delighted with it. I don't expect it to be bug free. I am, after all, getting this ROM for nothing, and I know this must take a lot of time and skill and patience to create. Is there a Donate somewhere so I can show some financial support for you guys? Also, thanks Modaco. Without you, this Handset would be a drastically different experience.

cheers guys, and keep up the good work.

Guest targetbsp
So there is no need to install apps2sd and makin' ext2 partition on sd card?

Android 2.2 and above (this is 2.3) can install apps to SD as standard without an Ext partition.

Guest cobalt01

I installed nightly 6 yesterday and all worked fine for 5 minutes. After made a long call the screen was still black and wouldnt come on even if press power button. It came back on after the other person hanged up. Then adw launcher force closed on me but just before it did, nothing would open or work except for unlock screen. This may be because changed the dock settings because i wasn't getting my dial, menu, net buttons showing.

I did a full backup wipe and cache etc

Keep up the great work

Guest Sele2010
Thank you CM crew. I've stuck with this ROM since RC1, and have been enjoying a faster smoother and more enjoyable experience with my Blade. As the Wife said the other day, i've never put this phone down since buying it. I'm occasionally getting random reboots (fewer than before), screen freezes (locking unlocking sorts).

Overall i'm delighted with it. I don't expect it to be bug free. I am, after all, getting this ROM for nothing, and I know this must take a lot of time and skill and patience to create. Is there a Donate somewhere so I can show some financial support for you guys? Also, thanks Modaco. Without you, this Handset would be a drastically different experience.

+1, the community is what has made this phone such a fantastic piece of kit, thanks. Sorry for going off topic. Sticking with this rom from now on, its nearly there.

Guest admanirv

Regarding the dialer, i'd prefer to have the buttons (hang up etc) present on the screen at all times, its appears this is not possible without 'UI hack'?

Its a bit annoying as you have to take the phone away from your ear and press menu and look at the screen to press endcall.

Anyway i can change this?

Cheers

Guest Frankish
So there is no need to install apps2sd and makin' ext2 partition on sd card?

If you have a lot of apps i still recommend creating an EXT3 partition and install simple2ext from market. Then you have tons of space free and still have apps on the sdcard :huh:

Guest Chris_M

Wot he said.... :huh:

Guest spaceguy
If you have a lot of apps i still recommend creating an EXT3 partition and install simple2ext from market. Then you have tons of space free and still have apps on the sdcard :huh:

i just have a question about this EXT3 partition. why is it that even if i have a ext3 partition (512 MB), the internal storage decrease anyway. it seems like that just part of the app end up in the ext3 partition and the other part in internal storage. am i missing something?

Edited by spaceguy

Guest Drakedian

Althu its seemed like the team repaired the headset button problem, yeah, the button works, but calls still cant be made by wired headset. Neither me, neither the caller can hear anything. Sad thing, since that i cant use that rom daily. :huh:

Guest feckineejit

Its mentioned that its fixed on the issue site, but my camera does not zoom in properly (nightly 6) even the nightlys before that it was the same, if i zoom 5x or any distance it will only zoom in about a centimetre. on jj9 it worked perfect, is everyone else having this issue? and before it said yes i have done a full wipe etc, and always do :huh:

Edited by feckineejit

Guest OckoTomBrok

Hi,

coming back to my WiFi problem.

I switched back to JellyFish for the day and the WiFi worked great. Another CM7#6 install tonight and the WiFi is broken again. No connection.

The WiFi is WPA/WPA2+PSK -> so this shouldn't be a problem.

I restarted the Router -> no change

I changed b/g to g only -> no change

I switched channels -> no change

I entered the SSID / Encryption method manually -> no change

I don't know what else to try.

Is there a logfile for the WiFi connection attempts? I don't get an error message, just multiple connect tries.

Sad, as I really like the CM7... but w/o WiFi...

Best,

Jan

Guest doubleluckstur
Its mentioned that its fixed on the issue site, but my camera does not zoom in properly (nightly 6) even the nightlys before that it was the same, if i zoom 5x or any distance it will only zoom in about a centimetre. on jj9 it worked perfect, is everyone else having this issue? and before it said yes i have done a full wipe etc, and always do :)

who said it was fixed? :huh: