CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest scoobydoo99

I see in Nightly 6 the 5mp pixel camera is b&w - I assume you mean the Blade's with a 5mp camera - are the Blade's with the 3.2mp pixel camera working ok?

Guest doubleluckstur
I see in Nightly 6 the 5mp pixel camera is b&w - I assume you mean the Blade's with a 5mp camera - are the Blade's with the 3.2mp pixel camera working ok?

some colour doesn't work but most are okay. It looks like a patch is coming from cyanogen himself though.. the issue has changed to 'patchsupplied'

Yeah, it's fine, better than in the froyo roms, except there's no vga recording mode for videos.

Guest skymera
Hokay, made a couple of calls and went straight back to Blacklist after hanging up. To hang up i take the phone away from my ear, press menu to open the touch-buttons for choosing what to do whilst in-call. There are two handset buttons available on that set of buttons, one is a normal handset logo, the other is a handset button with what seems to be a piece missing or something/. Anyway, when hanging up using the broken handset, the number dialled or i would imagine has called you, is sent straight to the black list. The normal complete looking handset button just hangs up. This is good to know, as i was worried that a core functionality of the ROM was busted. Not good. However, is it really necessary to have Blacklisting functionality so readily available? I mean, yeah, Blacklisting is a great idea, specially if you have a freaky ex, but i don't like how easy it is to accidentally (as in my case) add someone to the Black list by mistake. Can this button be removed?

Aside from this, i'm delighted, as will be my Wife. She can nag me again :huh:

I rung a friend yesterday and upon hanging up there was an option to add his number to the blacklist.

I said no, but after reading that, i'm going to double check the blacklist.

Guest skull_fcuk
No offence, but it's you who has the non-standard screen. :huh: :)

You've obviously unticked "In-call touch UI" in Call Settings - try enabling it again.

Ahhhh. Sorted it now. Thanks. It's now back to the buttons i recognise. I'll just go off and mumble into my cardigan in the corner.....

Apologies Targetbsp. My nugget-ness.

Guest IronDoc
I also know what the default screen looks like (pre CM7) as i ran MCR 2.2 before this ROM.

Just FYI that logic doesn't really follow. The whole point of CM is that it's a customized android. And even if it weren't, this is 2.3 so there'll be differences.

Edited by IronDoc

Guest skull_fcuk
Just FYI that logic doesn't really follow. The whole point of CM is that it's a customized android. And even if it weren't, this is 2.3 so there'll be differences.

Okay, lol. Just assume that i've now got both feet in my mouth along with a gob full of humble pie. I just never thought about what i was saying, and i have apologised. Nothing beats making an arse of yersel online :huh:

AAHA! Found a small "bug". By default multitouch is not enabled on the keyboard. It's a really easy fix I remember from an old version of FLB or JapJelly I think, I just can't remember what it is. Its changing one value in one file.

Anyone remember which?

Its still new ROM, and its getting improved every day. Stop complaining, everyone who use it is a beta tester - u raport issues, and they are trying to fix them!

Its still new ROM, and its getting improved every day. Stop complaining, everyone who use it is a beta tester - u raport issues, and they are trying to fix them!

Amen to that. I'm using this as my main ROM basically without issue. Couple of fixes would be nice, but it's still perfectly usable :huh:

Guest muluman

I know I know they're working hard too, I'm just the impatient type LOL

Guest sanfran1

Flashed nighlty 6 this morning, it's quite a nice rom :huh: the launcher is still a bit laggy, especially the app drawer even with the wallpaper hack unticked. Launcher Pro was a bit laggy too.

Other than that i haven't found anything broken, but i only made one very quick call and reinstalled my apps. I'll be using this as my main rom until a newer release is out.

thanks to eveyrone working on this.

Guest Lasse-hatten
You can play with the cm7 audio options to set it to ring through the speaker, maybe you will find a setting to solve the bluetooth problem, because the settings are pretty complex.

Thank you!

CM Settings - Sound - Always play on speaker - Ring tones - REBOOT!

Still can't start sound from headset button, thou.

Guest targetbsp
Seems as if this rom is being given up on... :)

I think the difference here is we're fairly spoiled by having a few dedicated developers for our phones on this forum. Who once they set their minds to giving us a rom can more or less chuck us bug fixes on a daily basis - or at least keep us well updated on their progress and thinking on particular issues.

That's not the case with CM who have a wide variety of devices, procedures for prioritising bugs, fixing them, reviewing the code to ensure it doesn't break other features and devices. The change in pace and the more formalised interaction with the users comes as a bit of a shock. :huh:

Guest admanirv

Does anyone have an issue with handcent SMS, it doesnt play a notification sound even though its enabled.

I have it to switch the screen on if not on, when a message is received.

Cheers

Guest Arr Too
I did not know that the blade didn't support it. Even so, it still works, personally I think this shoulda gone through but hey, they know best haha

Their reasons for not including it are fair enough, but because it works well enough for the few main apps most people would want (Google Maps and the keyboard) perhaps it ought to be an option in the special CM settings?

Guest skull_fcuk
Seems as if this rom is being given up on... :huh:

Until the apps 2 sd thing is fixed and 2d performance is better i think im going back to FLB.

You can sort the apps2sd thing by using an app. If you're using this ROM, it's cos you love a tinker, so this is hardly difficult. And 2D performance has never been an issue for me. I've used MCR 2.2 before this, and before that the stock 2.1 ROM. If anything, it's better, by a long shot.

Guest spaceguy

do you guys get this problem? when using multitouch. the fingers position gets shifted, it's a commen problem when using JJ9

Edited by spaceguy

Guest admanirv
do you guys get this problem? when using multitouch. the fingers position gets shifted, it's a commen problem when using JJ9

You will do, because we have a synpantics board.