CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

In my case JJ9 reconnects pretty much flawlessly. MCR12 and FLB, I'd both class as 'very good' - they reconnect most of the time but occasionally they don't and if I go to wifi settings it lists the network as disabled and I have to click it and hit connect.

Orange stock and CM7 reconnect about 50% of the time. :D

Guest StevenHarperUK

Hi everyone

I am now running CM7 RC1 from the http://www.cyanogenmod.com/ download.

I would post the question in their forum, but It's down for maintenance and I also like it here.

I am noticing that backspace virtual button on the gingerbread keyboard only seems to work if a move away from the edge of the screen

In the Dev Tools > Pointer Location app

I can drag my finger over to the right side of the screen and it works perfectly

But if I try to TAP near the right side (very near) it doesn't detect it

The Left side of my screen doesn't have this problem - I didn't have this issue this morning on JJ9

Can Anyone else confirm the same?

At the top of the screen the lowest Xv: value I can get when tapping is 0.041

Guest skull_fcuk

I realise i'm replying before reading more than the first page, but i wanted to express my massive gratitude and respect for everyone who contributed their time in making this ROM. I realise there's issues with this and that, but TBH, my phone has never been this fast, enjoyable to use, and generally fun.

Thanks again, to everyone @ Cyanogen and MoDaCo.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
Hi everyone

I would post the question in their forum, but It's down for maintenance and I also like it here.

I am noticing that backspace virtual button on the gingerbread keyboard only seems to work if a move away from the edge of the screen

I can drag my finger over to the right side of the screen and it works perfectly

The Left side of my screen doesn't have this problem - I didn't have this issue this morning on JJ9

Not THE same, but the default gingerbread keyboard exhibits the same problem on the spacebar. I installed the market version, and general responsiveness increased a tad

Guest Len Ash
In my case JJ9 reconnects pretty much flawlessly. MCR12 and FLB, I'd both class as 'very good' - they reconnect most of the time but occasionally they don't and if I go to wifi settings it lists the network as disabled and I have to click it and hit connect.

Orange stock and CM7 reconnect about 50% of the time. :D

I concur with that. Based on the Linksys and Buffalo routers (always WPA2 in case that's significant) I use the most, I would rank the ROMs I've tried for reconnection success thus:

JJ9: 10/10

MCR R12 : 9.5/10

FLB R8a: 7.5/10

Seb anything Froyo : 2/10

MCR R4: 2/10

CM6: 2/10

CM7: 2/10

I always use WiFi "sleeps when screen off" for obvious reasons...

Edited by Len Ash

Guest richardkemp
I concur with that. Based on the Linksys and Buffalo routers (always WPA2 in case that's significant) I use the most, I would rank the ROMs I've tried for reconnection success thus:

JJ9: 10/10

MCR R12 : 9.5/10

FLB R8a: 7.5/10

Seb anything Froyo : 2/10

MCR R4: 2/10

CM6: 2/10

CM7: 2/10

I always use WiFi "sleeps when screen off" for obvious reasons...

I had issues connecting to the two networks I tried: unsecured and WEP. It seemed to only work straight after a reboot and then not reconnect after having a chance to sleep. It was fine after a wipe. I wondered if it was caused by restoring settings with titanium which were somehow incompatible.

Turning off in call touch UI makes the screen off after call issue fine for me.

Guest Len Ash
I had issues connecting to the two networks I tried: unsecured and WEP. It seemed to only work straight after a reboot and then not reconnect after having a chance to sleep. It was fine after a wipe. I wondered if it was caused by restoring settings with titanium which were somehow incompatible.

Turning off in call touch UI makes the screen off after call issue fine for me.

I never use TB...

Guest swordtail
Hi everyone

I can confirm I can replicate the same issue so it's not just you.

Guest ThrashMan

[All about the camera]

Is it just me or do none of the camera settings do anything?

Where has the ISO selector gone?

The preview looks washed out and noisy

[End camera]

In nightly 1, setting settings/display/brightness to auto then enabling custom brightness in CM Settings, try to edit auto values and get a FC

I hope that makes some sense.

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4

Battery drain issues over here as well, had none with JJ7, phone only saw the charger once per week or so.

Battery stats tell me phone spends >50% in 'cell standby' and in excess of 20% 'phone idle'.

This is with just the phone connected to the carrier, no WiFi, no GPS, nuffin.

But even overnight, switched to flight mode, still drains about 2% per hour.

In my despair I tried a few things, and so tried "2G only", and, much to my surprise,

a roaming warning popped up (my home carried doesn't appear to have a 2G in my

area), and keeps popping up over and over again when I clear it from the status bar.

This is with DATA CONNECTION OFF !!!

I then went out looking at running services, found a VPN service to be running (huh ?),

stopped it but still the raoming warning keeps popping up.

What the heck ... ?!?!???

Hi everyone

Can't confirm that... screen reacts to any touches anywhere, right side included...

Guest Frankish

Touchscreen repeatedly stopds responding on pro evolution soccer. Have to press power then unlock again. Strange advice swear a played a full match without this before.

Guest Meizirkki
In my despair I tried a few things, and so tried "2G only", and, much to my surprise,

a roaming warning popped up (my home carried doesn't appear to have a 2G in my

area), and keeps popping up over and over again when I clear it from the status bar.

This is with DATA CONNECTION OFF !!!

So what? If your home carrier has no 2G coverage, why force it? It's not just the DATA CONNECTION ALL CAPS ASD. Your calls and sms go roaming as well.

Guest StevenHarperUK
I can confirm I can replicate the same issue so it's not just you.

Anyone else ???

Just near the very edge of the screen (right only) - but works great of I drag to that position.

If I get one more I will raise a bug at CM forum

Touchscreen repeatedly stopds responding on pro evolution soccer. Have to press power then unlock again. Strange advice swear a played a full match without this before.

it happens to me too, when browsing through apps, or the internet, et cetera. seems to be totally random, but rare for me.

Guest targetbsp

A friend of mine, who I installed CM7 for yesterday, says his touchscreen stops responding quite often using Swype. So certain apps killing it for certain people does seem the case? I on the other hand use Swype and haven't had any problems at all.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp
Anyone else ???

Just near the very edge of the screen (right only) - but works great of I drag to that position.

If I get one more I will raise a bug at CM forum

Confirmed. The very right side of my screen is non-responsive in swype, as is the search magnifying glass in appbrain.

At least this accounts for some erratic behaviour of Swypes backspace key - I'm not going crazy afterall. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Arr Too

Anybody here got a complete source installation and able to test out adding an "Eclair" option to the existing User-Agent choices in CM7? This might 'correct' some web sites' idea of whether the phone has Flash (e.g. filmon.com). I think these are the two files that need changing:

Browser strings - insert a "7" item at line 473 (after the "4") and a corresponding "Eclair" item at line 463 (after "Froyo").

Browser settings - add an ECLAIR_USERAGENT at line 163 (similar to the FROYO_USERAGENT):

private static final String ECLAIR_USERAGENT = "Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; " +

"Android 2.1; en-us; " + Build.MODEL + " Build/ERD62) AppleWebKit/530.17 " +

"(KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17"

and then add suitable "case 7:" code at line 222 to use this new agent string (just like the other entries in the switch).

So what? If your home carrier has no 2G coverage, why force it? It's not just the DATA CONNECTION ALL CAPS ASD. Your calls and sms go roaming as well.

Oh well, never mind, see HOW desparate I am, totally overlooking the obvious ? ;-)

Still wondering why 70+% are chewed by 'cell standby' and 'phone idle',

doesn't sound reasonable to me, and - no such issues with JJ7 ...

Anyone having problems with ADB on this nightly?

I just switched from JJ and ADB isn't working anymore.

The driver is installed however adb devices shows nothing

Guest targetbsp

cell standby and phone idle will be the highest battery users on a phone that has been in standby. They are the power used by the phone staying connected to the mobile network and the power used simply keeping the phone switched on respectively. Even while 'asleep' - it still needs power for basic functionality as a phone. If you'd been using the phone then the screen and wifi and android system and stuff would all be higher.

cell standby and phone idle will be the highest battery users on a phone that has been in standby. They are the power used by the phone staying connected to the mobile network and the power used simply keeping the phone switched on respectively. Even while 'asleep' - it still needs power for basic functionality as a phone. If you'd been using the phone then the screen and wifi and android system and stuff would all be higher.

Understood, but 2% "base drain" per hour seems a bit excessive (well, even in flight mode,

so I probably shouldn't be worried by the cell standby and phone idle values), and when I actually

"use" the phone, for example just to check the battery stats etc., I can watch it tick down ...

Guest swordtail

There is now a Camera patch for autofocus on the bug tracker. I've installed it but not sure if it's working correctly, before you used to hear the camera focusing but with the patch I can't tell any difference anyone else confirm that it has fixed the auto focus issue.