CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest Matthew Ferguson
I totally believe you, because Koush is very good at getting the stuff out. However, posting a picture with a gingerbread-style theme doesn't make proof :)

I was using the TPT version of JJ9 yesterday to repartition my blade, and I needed a way to install clockwork so I could flash my recovery of CM7. I used the ROM Manager version found in the market, and it did the job for me :huh:

Guest spaceguy
I totally believe you, because Koush is very good at getting the stuff out. However, posting a picture with a gingerbread-style theme doesn't make proof :huh:

haha yeah i know. it's a theme addon i use:)

I was using the TPT version of JJ9 yesterday to repartition my blade, and I needed a way to install clockwork so I could flash my recovery of CM7. I used the ROM Manager version found in the market, and it did the job for me :huh:

I know it does now. But what i was saying is that posting "Here it is showing ZTE Blade, on my copy of froyo that looks like gingerbread" would make me (If I were indeed doubting this, which i'm not) go "oh wait, that's not adequate proof". However. I know it's true, but for future reference, completely refutable proof isn't...really...proof...

And aye Spaceguy, i know it's a theme just...unhelpful in terms of proofy-ness :)

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin

ota is not working when i try to install application directly from my browser

Turn on side-loading apps in the development settings page...I think...

Guest Maringer

Oddly enough, my battery drain when idle seems to have improved since I changed from ADW to the Gingerbread Launcher from the Market earlier this afternoon. Down 2% in 3 hours as opposed to 2 or 3% per hour. This is on Nightly 6, incidentally.

I'll try out Nightly 8 a little later on.

PEOPLE, TRY TO READ!

I already wrote this many times... go to the freakin Spare parts, select that fukken "End key behavior" and set it to "Go to sleep"!

Basically with CM, the phone won't go to sleep (as it was, on ZTE ROMs). This setting will make it sleep. Overnight loss: 5% in 14 hours.

Can someone tell me how this works when the Blade does not have a home button?

Thank's for your reply ,but i didnt find this option in development settings ?

I'm ever so sorry, i didn't have the phone on for reference.

Try Settings>Applications>Unknown Sources, and make sure it's on

Can someone tell me how this works when the Blade does not have a home button?

Sorry for the triple post, but I keep noticing messages.

And the blade does have a home button, but I assume you mean end button, which is actually our power button. Hence we want the power button to actually put the phone to sleep.

Guest t0mm13b
ahh - home button = power button

now that makes sense

Me too... :) was wondering bout that, thought end key was return key... :P lol!

/me makes memo - End key == home button == power button....

ahh - home button = power button

now that makes sense

Me too... :) was wondering bout that, thought end key was return key... :P lol!

/me makes memo - End key == home button == power button....

Nononono, None of it is home key, the POWER button is the END key. Home key is separate.

Nononono, None of it is home key, the POWER button is the END key. Home key is separate.

I think the end button doesn't exist on the blade, only some other phones, the power button is the power button. no idea how or why it works, but it seems to.

Guest supermies123

Why is it so laggy when scrolling up or down in the menu in CM7? For example in some Froyo ROMs it is very smooth.

And how can I get Angry Birds to work in CM7?

Guest 90180360
Why is it so laggy when scrolling up or down in the menu in CM7? For example in some Froyo ROMs it is very smooth.

Step one: Go to school and learn to read.

by searching this thread, is how.

(as a subtle hint so you don't have to search, this thread has a title which is similiar, if not identical to "With regularly updated first post. PLEASE READ IT BEFORE POSTING")

does anyone have a fix for the 3g problem (disconnecting wifi, turns on 3g)

And as of yet, there's no fix, sorry.

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin

Guest The Soup Thief

Very minor point, but on each of the nightlies (including rc1) when opening any new web page in the browser I gets brief flash of a thin vertical black line through the middle of the page

Not a problem - just a peculiarity I've noticed on each nightly but on no other roms

Anyone else get it?

EDIT - on nightly 8 but it's been there on every nightly I've used

Edited by The Soup Thief