CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest skymera
do we need to wipe data to install the nightlies?

Well I don't, for example

Nightly -> Nightly. I don't wipe

RC -> Nightly. I wipe.

Most of the time, no wipe will be fine, but always be prepared for breakage so nandroid / titanium backup / both BEFORE flashing a nightly.

Guest Richard_Arkless
do we need to wipe data to install the nightlies?

You dont have to but its recommended so first try it out without wiping and if your having problems then wipe and reflash it

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest Simon O
Anybody here got a complete source installation and able to test out adding an "Eclair" option to the existing User-Agent choices in CM7? This might 'correct' some web sites' idea of whether the phone has Flash (e.g. filmon.com). I think these are the two files that need changing:

Browser strings - insert a "7" item at line 473 (after the "4") and a corresponding "Eclair" item at line 463 (after "Froyo").

Browser settings - add an ECLAIR_USERAGENT at line 163 (similar to the FROYO_USERAGENT):

private static final String ECLAIR_USERAGENT = "Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; " +
"Android 2.1; en-us; " + Build.MODEL + " Build/ERD62) AppleWebKit/530.17 " +
"(KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17"[/code]

and then add suitable "case 7:" code at line 222 to use this new agent string (just like the other entries in the switch).

Added to gerrit for review. http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,3242

Edited by flibblesan

Guest jekin77

Have anybody working Calendar ?

In RC1 it is broken, tried now nightly 2 build - the same.

I mean , if i add a new event - got message "You have no calendar" !!!

edit: i miss a Russian dictionary in "Android keyboard"

Edited by jekin77

Guest SWOriginal

jumped to nightly 2 from flbs beta and its getting better :D autofocus works, auto brghtness works, new lockscreen options, new wallpapers, cpu settings work... loving it

jekin77

My calendar works normally. New event is created. Error was not.

There is no Russian dictionary in Gingerbread keyboard

Does it work mute button during a call? Fixed it in nightly?

My Rom - RC1

Edited by Tarot

Guest DonJamal

is anyone else having problem with the "right click" menu of the desktop? it doesn't pop up for me by long pressing the desktop... and i can't change icon in ADW Launcher neither.

Edited by DonJamal

Guest dzoltan
is anyone else having problem with the "right click" menu of the desktop? it doesn't pop up for me by long pressing the desktop... and i can't change icon in ADW Launcher neither.

Menu button / Unlock Desktop

With the default theme, my status bar icons randomly change color from grey to green and back.. bug or feature? :D

edit: happens with other themes too

Edited by grmn

Guest targetbsp

OK... I lied! :D The battery usage in standby is pretty darned high! Overnight my phone lost 16% in airplane mode whereas in the Froyos and stock it would lose 0 (or more accurately less than 1%). There were no partial wakes. I think Alex1alex2alex3alex4 is on the right lines, the cell standby accounted for 75% of this drain - despite the fact it shouldn't have been doing a thing as it was in airplane mode.

does anyone know if the cyanogenmod update notifications is working? every time i try and register it loads for ages but doesnt do anything

Edited by ropin

Guest vareBlade
jekin77

My calendar works normally. New event is created. Error was not.

There is no Russian dictionary in Gingerbread keyboard

Does it work mute button during a call? Fixed it in nightly?

My Rom - RC1

Dont confuse RC1 with the Nightlies :D

Edited by vareBlade

Guest robot1000

Just installed nightly 2 and I don't think the light sensor is working properly.

It makes the initial backlight change for the initial switch (e.g. light to no light), but then it just stays on that setting.

Is this occurring for anyone else

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
OK... I lied! :D The battery usage in standby is pretty darned high! Overnight my phone lost 16% in airplane mode whereas in the Froyos and stock it would lose 0 (or more accurately less than 1%). There were no partial wakes. I think Alex1alex2alex3alex4 is on the right lines, the cell standby accounted for 75% of this drain - despite the fact it shouldn't have been doing a thing as it was in airplane mode.

With JJ7 I didn't lose anywhere close to this even with phone active, probably +/- 5% in 24 hours when

making no calls, so something must be TERRIBLY wrong with CM7 in that respect.