CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest Pelemane
Just installed nightly 2 and I don't think the light sensor is working properly.

It makes the initial backlight change for the initial switch (e.g. light to no light), but then it just stays on that setting.

Is this occurring for anyone else

It happened to me in nightly 1. Now im using RC1 with OC thanks to Frankish :D

Guest rawsnake
With JJ7 I didn't lose anywhere close to this even with phone active, probably +/- 5% in 24 hours when

making no calls, so something must be TERRIBLY wrong with CM7 in that respect.

Exact opposite with me for some reason! :D With JJ8 I could literally watch my battery percentage go down. It lasted far less than a day with standard use (little or no wifi/bluetooth, 2G enabled with 3G on sometimes) (admittedly though Hardware acceleration and an overclock to 710 mhz were on but thats also what I've put on with Cyanogen). Cyanogen on the other hand gives me about 1 and a half days to two so I'm pretty happy. :D

Edited by rawsnake

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
Cyanogen on the other hand gives me about 1 and a half days to two so I'm pretty happy. :D

With a 2% drain/hour I may get 2 days as well, but that's not what I am used to from JJ7,

I really had to charge the phone once a week only, with little use, no OC etc.

Guest DonJamal

when will they fix the screen goes black after long call issue?

and somone got the gingerbread default builtin launcher2.apk? i got one from a very early build from the 2.3 for san fran topic but it hasnt the glow animation.

Edited by DonJamal

Guest targetbsp
With a 2% drain/hour I may get 2 days as well, but that's not what I am used to from JJ7,

I really had to charge the phone once a week only, with little use, no OC etc.

I agree, I was ill for several days a bit back and my phone got very little smartphone (apps/data) use. Only used as an 'ordinary' phone (a few short calls and texts) and the thing was on track to last 8 days! CM& 7 dropping 16% in an 8 hour standby period is going to limit it to a standby time of 2 days. Quite a difference!

Guest ThrashMan
Just installed nightly 2 and I don't think the light sensor is working properly.

It makes the initial backlight change for the initial switch (e.g. light to no light), but then it just stays on that setting.

Is this occurring for anyone else

and trying to edit the settings for autobacklight in CM settings causes a FC

hi all, just flashed nightly 2, held back on flashin this till at least some of the intial problems were sorted but im very ipressed to say the least:

i can report my 3.2mp camera not black & white, my prox sensor workin fine, video camera also works, oc now working, all exept auto brightness which really isnt an issure for me atall, gunna be using this as an every day rom till its fully released i think! thanks 2 everybody involved in dev :D

edit:oh yeah usb sd mount also fine and dandy!

zte blade b08 model TFT

i know the battery life is quite bad but have you seen the size of battery? only 1250mah at 4.7 wh lol

Edited by onejay

Guest Frankish
With the default theme, my status bar icons randomly change color from grey to green and back.. bug or feature? :D

edit: happens with other themes too

:D

People seem to not know about this, when you lose connectivity to your google account the icons go grey. Green means you are connected. You can see this before you ever add a Google account, the bars stay grey always. Turn green one signed in.

EDIT: Proximity sensor working for LONG calls?

Edited by Frankish

I agree, I was ill for several days a bit back and my phone got very little smartphone (apps/data) use. Only used as an 'ordinary' phone (a few short calls and texts) and the thing was on track to last 8 days! CM& 7 dropping 16% in an 8 hour standby period is going to limit it to a standby time of 2 days. Quite a difference!

I agree. Cell Standby uses up most battery. I'm losing 15% - 20% too over a 8 hour period with Cell Standby taking up most power. This should most probably be due to the RIL being used (the one from the Saulanhati Blade.) It may be that due to subtle hardware differences, it's not going down well with some Blades. Though this is just a guess.

Guest Frankish
Nope, not for me, i have also not working calendar :D

Ok i'll stick with RC1 with overclock for now.

Did you restore any backups for your Calandar? I think you need to clear data on it and try to resync.

Guest targetbsp
I agree. Cell Standby uses up most battery. I'm losing 15% - 20% too over a 8 hour period with Cell Standby taking up most power. This should most probably be due to the RIL being used (the one from the Saulanhati Blade.) It may be that due to subtle hardware differences, it's not going down well with some Blades. Though this is just a guess.

I was thinking the same but hoping it's not the case lol. Otherwise the big breakthrough in getting us other roms is carrying quite a big downside. :D Not sure what sort of control the devs have over fixing it. Hope they can. :D

Edited by targetbsp

:D

People seem to not know about this, when you lose connectivity to your google account the icons go grey. Green means you are connected. You can see this before you ever add a Google account, the bars stay grey always. Turn green one signed in.

EDIT: Proximity sensor working for LONG calls?

so far but ill post back later when i get some friends lol

oj ill check after my full cooked brecky! :D

Guest jekin77
Did you restore any backups for your Calandar? I think you need to clear data on it and try to resync.

no, just wiped full, remove from system/app some apk's like (ADW Launcher,Talk, and GoogleSearchWidget) and add some other (LauncherPro, WatchDog, SwitchPro, FancyWidget ). Not more

Guest Frankish
no, just wiped full, remove from system/app some apk's like (ADW Launcher,Talk, and GoogleSearchWidget) and add some other (LauncherPro, WatchDog, SwitchPro, FancyWidget ). Not more

I think you may have removed something you need...try reflash and do not remove anything. If it works ok then remove stuff you don't need using Titanium.

Guest targetbsp
The thing that drains the battery is that phone reports that it is never going to sleep properly.

Where does it report that? Mine seems asleep in as much as my keypad buttons won't wake it - only the power button. I have no partial wakes reported in spare parts (since I ditched Just Shake) and I've made the end button behaviour change.

Edited by targetbsp

I was thinking the same but hoping it's not the case lol. Otherwise the big breakthrough in getting us other roms is carrying quite a big downside. :D Not sure what sort of control the devs have over fixing it. Hope they can. :D

Hmm I'm not sure anyone would work on reverse-engineering the RIL again, since there's already a working version now. But this really needs to be looked into.

The thing that drains the battery is that phone reports that it is never going to sleep properly.

Yes I've observed the same thing. In Battery use, the Awake time is more than the Screen On time. Though I don't know the cause of it. The only apps I have installed right now are gapps and fb and twitter. So there couldn't be any app keeping the phone awake.

Edited by css771

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
i know the battery life is quite bad but have you seen the size of battery? only 1250mah at 4.7 wh lol

Right, but still one could get a week or more with JJ7 ...

Guest Pelemane

I had Saunalahti RIL in JJ9 and my battery life was good. I lost 4% in 8 hours when I was sleeping.

Now I'm using RC1 and my battery life sucks (18% in 8 hours of sleep) so I think that RIL is not the thing that is using my battery.

And I got my Blade from Saunalahti.

Guest doubleluckstur
so far but ill post back later when i get some friends lol

oj ill check after my full cooked brecky! :D

Call your balance or something. I just flashed nightly 2 and my proximity is still broken for calls.. I called balance for 22 seconds and bam. Stuck.

Guest Frankish
The first CM7 release candidates are starting to roll out for our supported devices! These are builds that are feature-complete and fairly well tested, but still have some minor tweaking that needs done. You should find them stable for everyday use though!

That really doesn't seem the case with our RC1. :D

Guest robot1000
Call your balance or something. I just flashed nightly 2 and my proximity is still broken for calls.. I called balance for 22 seconds and bam. Stuck.

What hasn't Changed yet?

*It doesn't look like there's a Proximity Sensor fix

*Many other small niggles that can be seen HERE