CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

This is a fairly minor issue in the scheme of things... but both my phone and contacts icon open the contacts tab on my phone. Is that the case for everyone else?

S'up Peeps.

Or, Indeed, Hello Everyone.

First post is updated! What's the general consensus here? Better than the RC? More bugs? I would love to know. Thank you :D

Guest Frankish
This is a fairly minor issue in the scheme of things... but both my phone and contacts icon open the contacts tab on my phone. Is that the case for everyone else?

Phone should open dialer....seems to remember last tab open though.

Edited by Frankish

Guest feckineejit

Can someone let me know if this is correct, i downloaded the new nightly version 2, installed it, but in settings>about phone, under Mod version it says CyanogenMod-7-02192011-NIGHTLY-blade. that seem to be the date for the 1st nightly that came out.

Guest Chris_M

Autobrightness isn't fully fixed - "CyanogenMod Settings / Automatic Backlight / Edit Other Levels / Load Defaults" now force closes.

Looking at the patch, I think config_autoBrightnessButtonBacklightValues and config_autoBrightnessKeyboardBacklightValues both need an extra array entry. Not sure if that will fix the FC though....

Guest Frankish
Can someone let me know if this is correct, i downloaded the new nightly version 2, installed it, but in settings>about phone, under Mod version it says CyanogenMod-7-02192011-NIGHTLY-blade. that seem to be the date for the 1st nightly that came out.

Yeah they both were built on the same day. It was uploaded as todays nightly. It is newer.

Guest DonJamal

when will they fix the screen goes black after long call issue?

and somone got the gingerbread default builtin launcher2.apk? i got one from a very early build from the 2.3 for san fran topic but it hasnt the glow animation

Guest Frankish

and somone got the gingerbread default builtin launcher2.apk? i got one from a very early build from the 2.3 for san fran topic but it hasnt the glow animation

They will fix it when they find the problem. The bug tracker indicates they are looking at it. Not everything is plain black and white to fix.

Guest feckineejit
Yeah they both were built on the same day. It was uploaded as todays nightly. It is newer.

Cheers Frankish, just went and wiped everything and tried again, could have waited a few mins more and got your answer. oh well :D

Guest DonJamal
They will fix it when they find the problem. The bug tracker indicates they are looking at it. Not everything is plain black and white to fix.

ok

jit works good on this rom? cuz i dl linpack and i got MFLOPS8.101..and other phones like xperia x10 got 33.231

Guest Frankish

I went through wiping and reflashing once a day when i just HAD to have every Desire cm6 nightly. I have learnt my lesson, half the time it's not worth upgrading. I'm sticking RC1 with Overclock. As soon as proximity after call is fixed i will update :D

Guest swordtail

If you had checked the bug tracker you would see that it is being worked on now! it pays to do your homework.I see now why there are so many wannabee Mods on here. Take a rule out of my book newbies (I'm one) read the whole thread or use the search facility and always go take a look at the first two posts of any thread as that will be where the main info will be as they do get edited time and again with up to date info.Ok back off to do some more READING :D

Guest skymera
ok

jit works good on this rom? cuz i dl linpack and i got MFLOPS8.101..and other phones like xperia x10 got 33.231

JIT works fine. 8MFlops is about the highest we'll see on our old ARMv6 device.

The X10 has a SnalDragon ARMv7 CPU which is much more efficient and has newer technologies such as SIMD etc hence much higher scores.

Guest DonJamal
If you had checked the bug tracker you would see that it is being worked on now! it pays to do your homework.I see now why there are so many wannabee Mods on here. Take a rule out of my book newbies (I'm one) read the whole thread or use the search facility and always go take a look at the first two posts of any thread as that will be where the main info will be as they do get edited time and again with up to date info.Ok back off to do some more READING :D

i read and i know it hasnt been fixed yet...but will u break your fingers if u write a simple sentence that they try to fix or something like that? i dont think so

Guest DonJamal
JIT works fine. 8MFlops is about the highest we'll see on our old ARMv6 device.

The X10 has a SnalDragon ARMv7 CPU which is much more efficient and has newer technologies such as SIMD etc hence much higher scores.

thanks

Guest leetron1
I went through wiping and reflashing once a day when i just HAD to have every Desire cm6 nightly. I have learnt my lesson, half the time it's not worth upgrading. I'm sticking RC1 with Overclock. As soon as proximity after call is fixed i will update :D

Seem like words of wisdom, Frankish...camera fixed though in latest build? Not fussed? :D

Edited by leetron1

Sorry, the first post hadn't been updated so I didn't know if proximity had been fixed.

Errr, yes I have updated, and No it hasn't been fixed. Hence why it's still in the "broken" list.

Autobrightness isn't fully fixed - "CyanogenMod Settings / Automatic Backlight / Edit Other Levels / Load Defaults" now force closes.

Looking at the patch, I think config_autoBrightnessButtonBacklightValues and config_autoBrightnessKeyboardBacklightValues both need an extra array entry. Not sure if that will fix the FC though....

Aye, I took a look, looks like they fixed it wrong. Too few values for a smooth transition, really.

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin

Guest swordtail
i read and i know it hasnt been fixed yet...but will u break your fingers if u write a simple sentence that they try to fix or something like that? i dont think so

How do you think I found it! :D

Any BACK ON TOPIC :D

Guest That-Guy

CM7 is making great progress!

Not tried yet as I am waiting for proximity sensor to be fixed, but getting really itchy fingers :D

I probably would of updated by now but going away this week and don't want to be stuck with no phone if something goes wrong lol.

Keep up the good work CM7 Devs!

For People struggling to Get the Stock Gingerbread Launcher on their Phone. They need to delete the ADWLauncher.apk file and then copy the Gingerbread Launcher and rename to Launcher2.apk (In the Update zip)

Edited by Jekle