CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest Frankish

Massive thanks to jt_mcg for the updated boot.img with fixed battery drain. Just last night i flashed it and then this morning...the missus water breaks. I'll need the battery life in hospital :(

Guest chall32
Massive thanks to jt_mcg for the updated boot.img with fixed battery drain. Just last night i flashed it and then this morning...the missus water breaks. I'll need the battery life in hospital :(

Good luck Frankish and Mrs Frankish!

Ehe, congratulations! :(

And the boot.img is downloadable?

Guest admanirv

Good luck with the baby, I have checked the other kernel thread but can't find a download link for the boot. Img?

Guest JimJam707

Congratulations :)

Make sure to keep updating with RomManager in the Hospital :(

Guest ppa123

Wish you and your family the best! :)

Don't really wan't to let you down, but I flashed it also last night and couldn't really see any improvment in battery life over the night :(

Dropped from 74 to 47% in 9h. Then something strange happened. I played around with the phone... flinged through homescreens and like a lightning from clear sky the screen freezed, tried to put it to sleep from power button, nothing happens.... Wait for a few seconds and it reboots.... I enter the pin code and notice something scary.... battery percenatge shows 8% !!! Just to be shure i pulled the battery and restarted, but still at 8% when running again.

Guest Frankish
Did you just extract it and flash with CW? You can do that right?

Cheers

You can flash it over existing nightly, flash the .img with fastboot or add it to a nightly zip.

I personally replaced it in the nightly 12 zip and flashed that as i was still on nightly 8.

Thanks for the messages guys...could be a long wait yet :(

Guest ppa123
Did you just extract it and flash with CW? You can do that right?

Cheers

I opened cm_blade_full-12.zip in WinZip and pasted the new boot.img there. Then flashed it through rom manager.

Was running on N11 before and didn't do a wipe. So that might be the resource of the prevoiusly mentioned crash....

Guest Frankish

I've been running it since last night and no crashes or anything so far. Battery life seems good to me. Fruit ninja was fun and smooth...no reboots or anything odd so far!

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
I opened cm_blade_full-12.zip in WinZip and pasted the new boot.img there. Then flashed it through rom manager.

Was running on N11 before and didn't do a wipe. So that might be the resource of the prevoiusly mentioned crash....

I did the same (well, flashed with CWM, not rom manager).

No crash, though, but no improvement in battery life either.

Guest hecatae
Hmm well that's 2 people saying no improvement in battery life... That's not good!

mine has been off charge for 2 hours and still at 100%

Guest Zythus
Are you allowed to take your laptop to hostiple?

will you be shouting ADB Puuuuuuusssssshhhhhh later....

:(

Well, tonight I had first time something what you call "blank screen" - but that happened when I sent SMS ;). I couldnt do anything, I saw only wallpaper. Reboot helped.

And just 30 mins ago had touchscreen freeze in a game. Not a good moment for it :)

Using N12, not going to add new kernel - I'll just wait for RC2 or N13 with it.

Congratz for baby :(

Guest skull_fcuk

Wow, been there (childbirth) was the longest 72hours of my life, and all i did was keep the Wife company. All the best to Mrs Frankish and Frankish Jnr too.

Will add this to N12 and flash it onto my phone and post my results.

Guest Zythus
Wow, been there (childbirth) was the longest 72hours of my life, and all i did was keep the Wife company. All the best to Mrs Frankish and Frankish Jnr too.

Will add this to N12 and flash it onto my phone and post my results.

Baby will come with new CN which will fix everything :(

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4

Hmm, 72 hours from now - the "perfect wednesday ROM" ?

Guest The Soup Thief
Hmm, 72 hours from now - the "perfect wednesday ROM" ?

Art arf! Was just about to post about the perfect Wednesday baby

Very best of luck Mr & Mrs Frankish & Frankish 2.0!