CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest k0nrad
I don't want to be the black sheep of all this enthusiasm, but is anything actually confirmed about the RC2? Not regarding it coming out, but regarding the fixes it'll have? What guarantees do we have regarding the proximity sensor, the random touchscreen issue, the random reboot issue, the battery life issue, the needing-to-transfer-apps-to-phone issue... ?

Once again, I'm not trying to be a douche, just trying to avoid massive disappointment in a few hours!

No guarantees whatsoever, tbh :(.

Everyone can check what's cooking anytime - github and gerrit are there for you to monitor the developement.

Edited by k0nrad

Guest Rotmann
I don't want to be the black sheep of all this enthusiasm, but is anything actually confirmed about the RC2? Not regarding it coming out, but regarding the fixes it'll have? What guarantees do we have regarding the proximity sensor, the random touchscreen issue, the random reboot issue, the battery life issue, the needing-to-transfer-apps-to-phone issue... ?

Once again, I'm not trying to be a douche, just trying to avoid massive disappointment in a few hours!

There's nothing guaranteed in life, but stupidity and death.

Has anyone seen this? God dammit. :(

Guest JimJam707
:(

Seriously, someone has his life priorities buggered up.

I feel for this dude. Must be a big toilet hole.

But really, spam is uncool.

Guest Zythus
There's nothing guaranteed in life, but stupidity and death.

Has anyone seen this? God dammit. :(

Priority-Normal

Hope it'll have priority 'WhoCares" :(

Guest Blues003
Priority-Normal

Hope it'll have priority 'WhoCares" :(

I hope it gets Maximum priority. :(

I wonder how the Release Candidate from Missus Frankish's womb is going. That's what you get from a Nightly adventure 9 months ago! :)

Edited by Blues003

I wonder how the Release Candidate from Missus Frankish's womb is going. That's what you get from a Nightly adventure 9 months ago! :(

LOOOOOOOOOOOL :) ;) ;) :D

Ok, I hope the RC2 will fix somethings, but unfortunately, the black screen after a call isn't the only problem at my end... I would really like to see the wired headset bug in a call solved!

Edited by _BG_

Guest spaceguy

I wonder how the Release Candidate from Missus Frankish's womb is going. That's what you get from a Nightly adventure 9 months ago! :(

okej now i think you are being silly, why are you talking about someones private life, thats totally off topic and wrong.

Guest Blues003
okej now i think you are being silly, why are you talking about someones private life, thats totally off topic and wrong.

Mate, Frankish and his wife are in the hospital waiting for him/her to be born; Frankish said so himself a few pages ago. :( It was just a pun. :(

Guest JimJam707

It's not really private if he told us earlier...

Guest spaceguy
Mate, Frankish and his wife are in the hospital waiting for him/her to be born; Frankish said so himself a few pages ago. :( It was just a pun. :(

then forgive me, i just thought that "that's what you get from a Nightly adventure 9 months ago!" is a little to much:)

i really hope the best for him. good luck to him and his wife

Edited by spaceguy

then forgive me, i just thought that "that's what you get from a Nightly adventure 9 months ago!" is a little to much:)

i really hope the best for him. good luck to him and his wife

Have to admit, that was slightly too far indeed, and i'm a connoisseur of British humour :(

Guest skull_fcuk

i lol'd my ass off over that. I'm really anticipating this next 'whatever' from the Cmod's. I'm loving this. I overclocked my Blade to 721mhz earlier and got 1048 in Quadrant :( No issues with calls, no issues with the volume button. Although, i found that when using my full copy of Poweramp, a short press changes volume, and a long press beeps, then changes track. I also have no random reboots anymore. Flashed to N12 today, from N8. I also used that edited Boot img from a few pages back. Not seen any drastic differences in battery useage.

My Wifi will automatically reactivate and reconnect to my Home Hub 2.

Bring on the RC 2!

Guest paulocostavct

Hi. I'm new here and the first rom that I flashed into my new step blade was the RC1 and I became instantly a fan of Cyanogen. I'm using now n12 and i'm hoping that RC2 is way better.

Guest Scoopading

The new kernel battery life.. (whilst phone sleeps)

99% after 3 hours (Wow, improved!)

98% after 3 hrs 10 (hmm)

96% after 3hrs 25 (Dropped another 2% in 15 minutes)

95% after 4hrs

93% after 4hrs 40

92% after 5hrs 15

90% after 6hrs

So I can confirm, no real improvement on battery life. :(

The battery status reporting also seems a bit strange (No drop for 3 hours, then suddenly starts dropping)

It makes me wonder how much of what we see might actually be down to quirky battery readings.

Guest Rotmann
I really don't actually get it. Huh?

RC2 was supposed to come today, as Jacob confirmed. As Jacob went away, no more RC2 today.

Really this joke is getting old now.

Show me the joke, I can't see it :( What I wrote was a fact.

RC2 was supposed to come today, as Jacob confirmed. As Jacob went away, no more RC2 today.

Show me the joke, I can't see it :( What I wrote was a fact.

Ah, well. That's a bummer. But I thought the RC's were automatic? OTherwise, getting an RC build across all devices would be a nightmare with all the different maintainers. I'm holding out for it to be up when we all emerge bleary eyed tomorrow morning.

RC2 is still being prepared - this change was submitted by Cyanogen himself about half an hour ago, but it hasn't been merged yet:

http://r.cyanogenmod.com/#change,3657

Indeed, some proof that it's just normal buildbot stuff with a new name.

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin