CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest fredewis

Hi all just wondered how to make a2sd work I have readed all but can't seem to find and the apps don't seem to work with defoult app2sd?

And sorry if I missed something out..

Guest damjan006
JIT works fine. 8MFlops is about the highest we'll see on our old ARMv6 device.

The X10 has a SnalDragon ARMv7 CPU which is much more efficient and has newer technologies such as SIMD etc hence much higher scores.

I had previosly LG GT540 and it could go up do 12 mFLOPS with the same procesor

Guest leetron1
Hi all just wondered how to make a2sd work I have readed all but can't seem to find and the apps don't seem to work with defoult app2sd?

And sorry if I missed something out..

You need an ext2/3/4 though 2 prob best on your SD..can do this under Clockwork..then flash this

If all goes well then reboot to get your apps on your ext partition...additional options eg. data etc to sd using adb using cmd window...good luck

Edited by leetron1

Guest skymera

Really!? wow. I'll look into this, I've only ever got 8 or so at 691MHz, odd.

Just managed toget 8.8MFlops @ 768MHz.

806MHz freezes for me :D

Edited by skymera

Guest Pelemane
Really!? wow. I'll look into this, I've only ever got 8 or so at 691MHz, odd.

Just managed toget 8.8MFlops @ 768MHz.

806MHz freezes for me :D

How can you set 768 or 806 on CM7?

I cant set it over 748.

Guest Simon O
SetCPU wont go over 748.

I'm using RC1 with the OC fix by Frankish

The kernel might not be the most recent. Try nightly 2.

BTW one of the older kernels didn't support any higher speeds than 748. It has been removed and newer kernels should allow up to 806 but this speed is very unstable. Most people can only reach 768

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
Yeah nightly 2, sorry.

Good work you did with the overclocking too flib. Quite pleasing. I'm assuming there's no way to undervolt using the cm settings app?

iv fixed my proximity sensor with an app called proximity screen off from market

open it click settings enable device admin then tick (cover and hold to lock) and set the time out to 15 seconds

works fine screen goes off after 15 secs and comes back on

Guest Arr Too

Can I just comment on how jolly exciting this all is? Well done to TomG and everyone who has helped make this possible. I wonder if ZTE know about this? Are they staring in amazement or laughing their hearts out?

Guest Simon O
iv fixed my proximity sensor with an app called proximity screen off from market

open it click settings enable device admin then tick (cover and hold to lock) and set the time out to 15 seconds

works fine screen goes off after 15 secs and comes back on

That's a workaround not a fix.

Guest hecatae

the LG GT540 also has a smaller screen resolution, so it's not a like for like test

Guest Ralph Martin
First post is updated! What's the general consensus here? Better than the RC? More bugs? I would love to know. Thank you :D

Bad idea. Let's have a new thread for each nightly, otherwise this is going to get very confusing. Especially for anyone who has to read from the start - some will be blathering about stuff which is fixed anyway in a later nightly.

Guest Frankish
Bad idea. Let's have a new thread for each nightly, otherwise this is going to get very confusing. Especially for anyone who has to read from the start - some will be blathering about stuff which is fixed anyway in a later nightly.

We really shouldn't do that. In a week...7 threads...in a month 31 new threads...

Guest hecatae

I agree with Ralph

We really shouldn't do that. In a week...7 threads...in a month 31 new threads...

well if the previous thread gets deleted at the end of 7 days then we wont have that issue, with this thread I'm having to find the page that relates to the new nightly build

Edited by hecatae

Guest Simon O

Actually it would be better if people could check the issue tracker first before making a post containing the same old problem over and over again. It doesn't help fix things.

Issues reported on the forum are not noticed by the developers. Use the issue tracker and please if you do use it then use it properly. Some people are opening issues with no information...