CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest Zythus

The most annoying things for me are - touchscreen freezes, and..

quality of camera -.-

On stock ROM I had a very good quality of photos, now after installing it, the quality is just... bad...

Guest Krinyo

It's a really interesting problem. Since I revert to my JJ nandroid backup, my JJ has the battery leak too!! I don't understand what's the problem with it, the phone not sleeping properly.

Guest airuzzo

i have a little question.....

what happened if i put the file (boot.img) inside the rar (cm_blade_full-14.zip) replacing the original one?

Can i install new rom? or i can brick the phone?

ty in advance :(

Guest reluctant_traveller

what happened if i put the file (boot.img) inside the rar (cm_blade_full-14.zip) replacing the original one?

Thats what I just did, installed no problem.

Guest Saransh Agarwal

Man when will the freezing of phone after phonecall be fixed?????

Please help

Edited by Saransh Agarwal

Guest philmein

1+

Guest Swimmerboy
Thats what I just did, installed no problem.

Feel free to open up the zip and customise it to your liking.

I do this every time I flash a new nightly:

• Extract build.prop and change lcd_density to 180
  • Remove wallpapers, adw, tutorial, etc.
  • Add in LauncherPro, Dialler1, Handcent, etc
  • Add in WiFi Tether files and apk

Then flash that, saves a lot of time!

Guest maltloaf

Hi there, have flashed this on my blade today (my first of these roms since I only got my blade a few days ago) and I'm finding it very nice indeed.

I have 2 n00bish questions though, can I overclock and can I reinstall a2sd ? I had much more free space before on JJ9 in my /system drive and I'm worried about running out (or am I missing some built in other method ?)

Many thanks,

malty

Guest Scoopading
Now the funny part, rpcrotuer is misspelt. In the config files of the kernel, it is always spelt as rpcrouter. So this looked suspicious.

In the kernel source, under arch/arm/mach-msm, there is the file rpcrouter_smd_xprt.c and its object file. In that file I found rpcrotuer_smd_xprt and corrected it to rpcrouter_smd_xprt. And then I compiled a new kernel incorporating this change. I've been experiencing better standby now.

And now, my /proc/wakelocks file looks like this:

So there's no more rpcrotuer_smd_xprt anywhere to be seen. And nothing has registered a wake_count in the entire log. I've been running this kernel for over 10 hours now, and my standbt life has improved significantly.

That was a nice find :( As I said, it makes me wonder what other spelling errors are hidden in there!

However I tried the kernel update (using nightly 13) and I'd love to say otherwise, but unfortunately the behaviour I've had from it is just about identical to the previous kernel which was..

battery life.. (whilst phone sleeps)

99% after 3 hours

98% after 3 hrs 10

96% after 3hrs 25

95% after 4hrs

93% after 4hrs 40

92% after 5hrs 15

90% after 6hrs

I hope others find something different with nightly 14, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to provide any changes for me :)

Anyway, I'm going to give battery testing a rest for now. :( The problem could be anything from small kernel mistakes to weird interactions between 2.3.3 and the Blades drivers etc. But, whatever the cause, it doesn't seem to want to give itself up easily ;)

Guest Scoopading
It's a really interesting problem. Since I revert to my JJ nandroid backup, my JJ has the battery leak too!! I don't understand what's the problem with it, the phone not sleeping properly.
Hmm, that's weird. I hope your observation is wrong. If not, maybe you could try going back to an older version of Clockwork Mod recovery and see if the drain remains since, in theory, that'd maybe be the one change you made to install CM7? (Just a guess.. )

Guest jesuita

Just update to N14.

Proximity sensor still not working correctly after making a call.

Still cant use the headset to make calls, cant hear or be heard.

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
I have 2 n00bish questions though, can I overclock and can I reinstall a2sd ? I had much more free space before on JJ9 in my /system drive and I'm worried about running out (or am I missing some built in other method ?)

Overclocking - is possible by default in the CM settings

a2sd - use s2e (comes with cm7)

Guest IronDoc

Can everyone stop using battery life over 90% as a benchmark. The phone doesn't stay at 100% when on charge even though it always shows 100.

Start measuring at 90% or 95%.

Guest andrew.p
mate of mine told me about an app someone wrote for the 'blank screen after call' issue for another model on cm7, link below, not tested though as i'm waiting for the rc2, still on froyo.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=935250

btw, he had his setup so that Tasker would start this app before a call and killed it after although i don;t think it's a resource hog.

ps. sorry if this has been mentioned before, i'm not going through 110 pages :(

The proximity bug was driving me insane, so I gave this fix a go yesterday , and its worked wonders. Made numerous calls, long and short since then and after each one the screen has come straight back to life right away!

The guy who made it claims that the problem is down to something to do with the mic? Seems odd, but his .apk fixes it perfectly for me!

On N14.

Edited by andrew.p

Guest Frankish
The proximity bug was driving me insane, so I gave this fix a go yesterday , and its worked wonders. Made numerous calls, long and short since then and after each one the screen has come straight back to life right away!

The guy who made it claims that the problem is down to something to do with the mic? Seems odd, but his .apk fixes it perfectly for me!

On N14.

I'll have a look at that, my proximity has worked great until i clean flashed n12 and same on n14.

On a side note my battery was at 100% last night. And it's still on 100% now after 18 hours!

Once i take it off the charger i will let you know how it goes :(

Guest Blues003
On a side note my battery was at 100% last night. And it's still on 100% now after 18 hours!

Trolling. You are doing it right. :(

Guest Jekle

On N14.

Could you send it as an attachment? Some of us don't have a xda account and it could be pointless the sign up and just use it to download an attachment! :(

Guest andrew.p
Could you send it as an attachment? Some of us don't have a xda account and it could be pointless the sign up and just use it to download an attachment! :(

Here it be!

Strange name, but hopefully it'll Dewonkify your Blade!

Dewonkificator.zip

Guest ddxtreme

yesterday a give a try to the nightly 13, but i came back, again, to 2.2

this rom lack's of perfomance... i notice a slow perfomance in menu, switching screens etc! i tried launcher pro but its the same... the 2.2 tom is much more faster than this one, or am i missing some trick in this rom?!

Guest airuzzo
I'll have a look at that, my proximity has worked great until i clean flashed n12 and same on n14.

POWNED!