CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest Len Ash
Man when will the freezing of ph

Man when will the freezing of phone after phonecall be fixed?????

Please help

Why do you keep whining? You seem to keep hopping from one ROM thread to another dripping and carping. None of this is costing you a damn thing. People are working on this in their own time. This thread is intended to allow those that wish to do so to test and report their findings in the pursuit of a good, working solution of what is a naturally complex piece of work.

So, if you haven't a contribution, just watch what's going on, appreciate it in your own way and keep quiet. Oh, and learn to use the search function while you're waiting.

Guest DonJamal
The proximity bug was driving me insane, so I gave this fix a go yesterday , and its worked wonders. Made numerous calls, long and short since then and after each one the screen has come straight back to life right away!

The guy who made it claims that the problem is down to something to do with the mic? Seems odd, but his .apk fixes it perfectly for me!

On N14.

doesnt work 4me

Guest k0nrad

Hurr... Had more calls than usual last few days and the proximity bug occurred in it's fullest. No workaround seems to be fully reliable... Dewonkificator seems to do the job best, but still not good enough for me.

It seems worse than it ever was, and I'm not in the mood for backtracking and intense testing...

Add some other weird issues with screens not rendering properly (eg. in tasker or lockscreen - the phone acts as it should, responding to touch, but the screen doesn't show proper graphics) and I'm not a happy camper anymore :).

For the record - the bad screen rendering appeared around Nightly 11 or 12 in my case IIRC, so it may be connected with upgrade to 2.3.3.

As impressed as I am overally with the CM7, I'm switching back to some Froyo ROM for the time being. Nightlies proved a bit too unreliable for me in the end :(.

Kudos for everyone involved in the project and hope you'll manage to work out all the kinks soon :(.

Edited by k0nrad

Guest doubleluckstur
No, I think this is the gingerbread launcher he's using

Easy enough mistake to make I guess

you sir are a legend. that made me lol xD

Guest hCrespo

On cm7, the zoom of the camera only works by the volume keys. If i switch it on the application it does nothing. Anyone having this prob?

I'm using nightly 14 by the way but on 13 i have the same problem.

Guest Monstrum

Hi Guys,

Ive followed this for a few weeks now and Im a bit confused about the purpose of the nightly builds.

Without a changelog per nightly build, the whole situation is a mess.

Ive seen a lot of people commenting on the proximity bug fixed in one release yet not in another, but in the official

cyanogenmod issues list, the promixity bug is listed as a defect and its status as new. Without a list of the changes per nightly, its impossible to determine what changes have had what affect.

Im all for testing beta software, (im a .net developer myself) but do the official cyanogen guys read these threads or just work off the CyanogenMod Issue Tracker?

Guest Rotmann

Tom_G said on IRC that one thing that can help killing the battery is ROM Manager as it does some polls over the internet. Press MENU and Settings in ROM Manager and disable google analytics stuff. We should try to uninstall it, as with the disabled stuff it still makes some polls, maybe it will help with the battery life.

Guest The Soup Thief
Hi Guys,

Ive followed this for a few weeks now and Im a bit confused about the purpose of the nightly builds.

Without a changelog per nightly build, the whole situation is a mess.

Ive seen a lot of people commenting on the proximity bug fixed in one release yet not in another, but in the official

cyanogenmod issues list, the promixity bug is listed as a defect and its status as new. Without a list of the changes per nightly, its impossible to determine what changes have had what affect.

Im all for testing beta software, (im a .net developer myself) but do the official cyanogen guys read these threads or just work off the CyanogenMod Issue Tracker?

Tom_G and HCDR.Jacob do post on Modaco from time to time (and likely look in more often), though I'm guessing they're up to their spuds right now - some of the devs and others who are more active here have some communication with the two of them via irc

There is a cyanogenmod forum for nightlies where we're supposed to post, but I tend not to much as it doesn't seem very active

Plus I've no great confidence that Tom or Jacob look at that too much

I've assumed that principally they work from the Issue Tracker - the nightlies are simply a reflection of current work in progress - once the devs have got the RC1 issues nailed, RC2 will happen and the merry-go-round begins again (until we all get hacked off and buy iphones - just kidding)

Guest Len Ash
Tom_G said on IRC that one thing that can help killing the battery is ROM Manager as it does some polls over the internet. Press MENU and Settings in ROM Manager and disable google analytics stuff. We should try to uninstall it, as with the disabled stuff it still makes some polls, maybe it will help with the battery life.

Just removed it via ADB (plus used the revised boot.img) - here's testing.

Guest Saransh Agarwal
Why do you keep whining? You seem to keep hopping from one ROM thread to another dripping and carping. None of this is costing you a damn thing. People are working on this in their own time. This thread is intended to allow those that wish to do so to test and report their findings in the pursuit of a good, working solution of what is a naturally complex piece of work.

So, if you haven't a contribution, just watch what's going on, appreciate it in your own way and keep quiet. Oh, and learn to use the search function while you're waiting.

Edited by Saransh Agarwal

Guest Monstrum

:( 'The term release candidate (RC) refers to a version with potential to be a final product, ready to release unless fatal bugs emerge' how can they release another RC with the proximity and battery issues?