CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest StevenHarperUK

Maybe we can encourage people to read the Issues Tracker and also add feedback and detail by linking each one of the known issues on the first page.

• 5mp only shoots Black and White photos link
  • Random Touchscreen Freezes link
  • Variable battery draining link
  • Data connection established when turning wifi off, make sure to check and turn data off after using Wifi
  • FM Radio may be out for a while link
  • Apps with libs included within them, Angry Birds for example won't start when installed on the SD card. linkSimply move these apps to the phone for them to work.

Guest chall32
So do you mean that 2147483647 is recommended instead of 250? Great news about the garbage collector. Did you only type su and echo 2147483647 > /data/delay in the terminal emulator or did you type the other stuff too?

@People who were successful, please state what you applied, the long or the short version and the 250 or the 2147483647 one?

Personally I used adb from my laptop. I entered all the commands from the first post - namely the big number:

chown compass:compass /data/misc/akmd_set.txt

echo "2147483647" > /data/delay

chown compass:compass /data/delay

No reboot, job done.

- Chris

Maybe we can encourage people to read the Issues Tracker and also add feedback and detail by linking each one of the known issues on the first page.
  • 5mp only shoots Black and White photos link
  • Random Touchscreen Freezes link
  • Variable battery draining link
  • Data connection established when turning wifi off, make sure to check and turn data off after using Wifi
  • FM Radio may be out for a while link
  • Apps with libs included within them, Angry Birds for example won't start when installed on the SD card. linkSimply move these apps to the phone for them to work.

Ah, thanks for doing that for me good sir, saves a bit of effort. Good idea, also.

Same here, lets see how this baby does. Although i'm desperately looking forward to Nightly 10, NIghtly 8's laggy, as i didn't wipe, I guess, and thus i want Nightly 10 as an excuse to do so.

I did the job. At the moment the battery status is on 85% from yesterday 22.00 (this is 9 hours and no airplane mode, etc.).

Edited by r0by

Guest hedgepigdaniel

On a different subject, I would appreciate it if someone could explain the situation with wifi tethering. I understand its not included atm because it doesn't work yet, but does anyone know how big the fix would have to be and whether anyone is working on it? And should its absence be posted to the bug tracker? I've heard here and there that making it work would require a new kernel. If so, is that being worked on?

I say this because I think wifi hotspot is one of the most useful features of android 2.2+.

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4

For those of you waiting for nightly 10 - bad news, there won't be one !

The good news: nightly 11 is up there now ;-)

Guest uskixboy
On a different subject, I would appreciate it if someone could explain the situation with wifi tethering. I understand its not included atm because it doesn't work yet, but does anyone know how big the fix would have to be and whether anyone is working on it? And should its absence be posted to the bug tracker? I've heard here and there that making it work would require a new kernel. If so, is that being worked on?

I say this because I think wifi hotspot is one of the most useful features of android 2.2+.

I second that... the hotspot feature was a brilliant addition to 2.2+ and very much missed in this rom. I am sure there is already people on this though, I look forward to the results. :huh:

Guest dadashi
For those of you waiting for nightly 10 - bad news, there won't be one !

The good news: nightly 11 is up there now ;-)

I only see the N8 posted...

Guest dadashi
if using rom manager, try looking over 3g, then download with wifi or 3g

no, I'm using download links posted on the first side...

Guest Chaz_UK

I updated via Rom Manager this morning and first thing I checked was the version number. Its 2.3.3.

Lovingcthe development of CM7 so far.

Battery report after one night with akmd fix... lost 25%. GOD DAMMIT false alarm. All normal measures in place otherwise.

Guest Maringer
I did the job. At the moment the battery status is on 85% from yesterday 22.00 (this is 9 hours and no airplane mode, etc.).

That's pretty much exactly the same as my battery drain - this morning, mine was down to 84% from full charged around 9 hours ago.

I haven't applied any akmd2 fixes to my phone so it wouldn't appear that there is much, if any, difference in the battery life.

Hopefully nightly 11 will help out a bit here though I won't have chance to install it until this evening.

Guest Rotmann
Do we know if the Apps2Fat issue is blade only or does it affect all cyanogen 7 roms?

Seems to be on another CM7 ROMs, no idea if on all of them.

Battery report after one night with akmd fix... lost 25%. GOD DAMMIT false alarm. All normal measures in place otherwise.

What workaround did you apply? The 250 or the long one? Did you restart after applying?

Guest Krinyo
[*]Apps with libs included within them, Angry Birds for example won't start when installed on the SD card. linkSimply move these apps to the phone for them to work.

Showstopper. :huh:

Guest SWOriginal

EDIT : Seems my reply didn't send , " not really, use an ext3 partition & simple2ext "

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest Rotmann

Move it to the phone, where is the problem? If you have more than 20 apps and games format an ext3 primary partition to it, get s2e from the market, enable install onto the ext partition and you're good to go.