The ULTIMATE Liquid thread

Guest Dario93

Guest Ma7moud

2.000.16.EMEA.GEN1_A16D.bin

i see you are using Android 1.6 and its a very old version

you should update to 2.1 or 2.2 using the steps in the first page, it should solve your problems

Guest larryba

i see you are using Android 1.6 and its a very old version

you should update to 2.1 or 2.2 using the steps in the first page, it should solve your problems

my old nokia is 5 years old this phone is only aproxp 12 months old surely there it should have the sofware to connect to the net

Guest larryba

my old nokia is 5 years old this phone is only aproxp 12 months old surely there it should have the sofware to connect to the net

fllashed to 1.00.09-emea-gen1 no difference

Guest Ma7moud

fllashed to 1.00.09-emea-gen1 no difference

it has the software required, but looks like it doesn't have the access point information required to access internet from your mobile network, you can add them manually if you know them

from settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks > access point names

then press menu and new APN

the access point info you can get from your network customer service

but i suggest you update to 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A (For Liquid 256MB) if you have Liquid A1

or 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A (For Liquid E 512MB) if you have Liquid E

Guest Kwisatz89

Hello all, i got a problem with my liquid A1. I tried to flash liquid next 1.9.2 on top of froyo, and everything seems to be working good. After a while i decided to roll back to froyo, but now the phone loops on the android write...i've tried to flash back the old eclair acer official, but still the same...any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kerri87

Hi, so I installed malez on my rogers, without using the rogers thread and it stayed on there..

but now I want it gone so I can download & install 2.2 directly from acer.

when i installed malez reco I didn't realize that acer had released 2.2 a long time ago, I thought I had to do a leaked version of it.

How do I go about removing it, and getting back to the stock recovery?

I tried flashing with ADT and bricked( told me it failed, i could remove USB and i needed to recover?) .. wasnt smart enough to make a backup, so i (6 hours later) found a nandroid backup on the web, copied files to SD through different phone, put SD in acer, and went into malez and did recovery. Thank god, my phone is now a phone again... now, I want to get rid of malez reco so I can install 2.2 properly. and then re install malez so I can root.

Guest Ma7moud

Hi, so I installed malez on my rogers, without using the rogers thread and it stayed on there..

but now I want it gone so I can download & install 2.2 directly from acer.

when i installed malez reco I didn't realize that acer had released 2.2 a long time ago, I thought I had to do a leaked version of it.

How do I go about removing it, and getting back to the stock recovery?

I tried flashing with ADT and bricked( told me it failed, i could remove USB and i needed to recover?) .. wasnt smart enough to make a backup, so i (6 hours later) found a nandroid backup on the web, copied files to SD through different phone, put SD in acer, and went into malez and did recovery. Thank god, my phone is now a phone again... now, I want to get rid of malez reco so I can install 2.2 properly. and then re install malez so I can root.

you don't have to uninstall malez recovery to install the acer 2.2 BIN . installing the 2.2 BIN uninstalls malez and installs stock recovery

Guest jnemeth

Hi guys! :) Is there any info you would like to see added in this collection thread? ^_^

Sure. :)

I was out of the liquid issues for a while but now I wanted to flash the latest LCR-F rom again - but I didn't find the lcr-team.org home page anymore. :(

Do you know something about malez? Did he stopped developing/supporting LCR roms?

I also would like to change my SD card for a bigger one. I would really appreciate a very simple step by step guide, including the rom re-flashing.

- I think first I need backups of those applications I want back in their current status. - Titanium backup will do this work?

- Then I guess a nandroid backup also would be good, just to be on the safe side...

And here I'm lost, I don't know what to do next: go into recovery and do the flash? But I guess I would need to change the SD card in the meantime. How can I do this safely? What is the correct sequence?

Thanks in advance to anyone how can contribute!

J.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest petermueller

EDIT: Solved: Get the drivers from ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/smartphone/s100/driver/ ; use installMalezRecovery_0.6.2_FULL.exe , when in bootloader (black screen / white text) remove battery, unplug, enter recovery mode.

That's it

Hi!

I did the following because I intend to root my phone.

I just installed Malez installMalezRecovery_0.6.2_FULL.exe on my Acer Liquid E (Stock ROM) worked. Then I pulled the USB cable out, disabled debugging mode, plugged the power supply in.

Then I shut the device down, and entered recovery mode (with Volume down+Camera+Power).

Problem:

Phone boots, until I see a black screen with the 'warning triangle' and the android figure. ( http://androidbloke....age_thumb13.png )

If i press the home button (very left) the boot options show up (triangle screen as background). It reads:

=============start of screen==========

Android system recovery <3e>

Android system recovery utility

reboot system now

apply sdcard:update.zip

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache partition

/dev/block/mmcblk0 does exist

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

E:signature verification failed

Installation aborted

=====end of screen===========

(looks very much like this, just with the text i posted: http://www.techlivez...07/IMG_0809.jpg )

I plugged the phone back to usb cable.

when I press the home button again, it switches back and forth between these two screens (the boot options screen and the 'warning triangle' screen).

I selected "reboot system now" by pressing the camera button and it rebooted into normal OS, debugging mode still on.

Now my phone is still plugged on to usb.

Do you know how i can fix that "signature verification" error?

Thanks guys :rolleyes:

EDIT:

I now tried with installMalezRecovery_0.6.1_Alternate1_FULL.exe, which seemingly is the 'Rogers' version of malez (I don't have a Roger's one). Went through install procedure without probs, until the cmd window said "press any key to close". That's what I did.

Now, after the installation, my phone remains in the black screen with the white text. Looks like this The lines are:

USB FastBoot: V1.10.00

HW version: V1.0

AMSS version: A1-05.01.05

Machine ID: *******************

Build Date: Nov 17 2010, 15:08:39

Serial Number: ******************

usb_init

writing 'recovery' (4984832 bytes) verify... verify... - OKAY

What do I have to do now? The cmd window said sth. about "Remove battery, unplug, insert battery, boot into recovery mode". Ist that what I need to do now?

Remember, my phone is still in the black screen with white text, and I don't want to brick it by doing a wrong move ;)

btw. on my SD card there are the following folders / files in the root directory:

folders:

.albumthumbs

.android_secure

.dataviz

.thumbnails

Android

bluetooth

DCIM

documents

download

LOST.DIR

media

Music

Pictures

Videos

voice

WhatsApp

Winamp

files:

.sync.id (1KB)

update.zip (2.6MB)

userdata.img (81.1MB)

About Phone:

Android Version: 2.2

Baseband version: A1-05.01.05

Kernel version: 2.6.29

Build number: Acer_LiquidE_4.002.14_EMEA_GEN1

Edited by petermueller

Guest simbakrest

hey i did this upgrade but system crashed completely help me pliz in deep trouble the screen shows this

usb fastboot :v1.00.03

hw version : v0.4

amss version :a1-02.01.03

machine id : 1009000 v0

build date : mar 23 2010, 11:32:31

serial number :017459377829

then goes off

Edited by simbakrest

Guest Ma7moud

hey i did this upgrade but system crashed completely help me pliz in deep trouble the screen shows this

usb fastboot :v1.00.03

hw version : v0.4

amss version :a1-02.01.03

machine id : 1009000 v0

build date : mar 23 2010, 11:32:31

serial number :017459377829

then goes off

use Acer Download Tool to install 4.002.14 BIN again

if you have Acer Liquid with 256MB RAM make sure you use the rom in option (a) in this post

if you have Acer Liquid E with 512MB RAM use option (B)

Guest johnsource

HI Dario,

Please let us know, how to unroot our phone to get to factory settings... as i am very curious about the warranty part...

After rooting , how to move all apps to sd card, as i am on froyo 2.2 and installed assps2sd app... but it only allows some of the apps to be moved, but not all apps can be moved to sd card... Please Help...

Guest Ma7moud

HI Dario,

Please let us know, how to unroot our phone to get to factory settings... as i am very curious about the warranty part...

After rooting , how to move all apps to sd card, as i am on froyo 2.2 and installed assps2sd app... but it only allows some of the apps to be moved, but not all apps can be moved to sd card... Please Help...

to unroot you can use the unroot option in malez recovery, or you can flash a BIN file using Acer Download Tool

and about moving apps to sd card: not all apps can be moved, some apps won't work if you move them to sd card, so apps2sd app doesn't move those apps

Guest johnsource

to unroot you can use the unroot option in malez recovery, or you can flash a BIN file using Acer Download Tool

and about moving apps to sd card: not all apps can be moved, some apps won't work if you move them to sd card, so apps2sd app doesn't move those apps

Hi Ma7moud,

Can i use the old method of using Link2SD and change the Links of the apps to SD Card.. ofcource after making a partition of ext3 on my SD Card??? Does it work on froyo 2.2?

Guest Ma7moud

Hi Ma7moud,

Can i use the old method of using Link2SD and change the Links of the apps to SD Card.. ofcource after making a partition of ext3 on my SD Card??? Does it work on froyo 2.2?

yes it works, i was using it before moving to 2.3

Guest johnsource

HI,

The last question... I am Running on official rom : 4.005.05.AAP.GEN2 and now i want to flash custom ROM...

So is there a need to flash first the bin file which is available here

and then only i can flash a custom rom? if yes then what's the logic behind it??? Please explain its an humble request...

Guest Ma7moud

HI,

The last question... I am Running on official rom : 4.005.05.AAP.GEN2 and now i want to flash custom ROM...

So is there a need to flash first the bin file which is available here

and then only i can flash a custom rom? if yes then what's the logic behind it??? Please explain its an humble request...

i don't know the logic behind it but i tried and sometimes custom ROMs have strange bugs if you use any other bin than 4.002.14 or 4.008.08

so for best results use 4.002.14 or 4.008.08

• 2 months later...
Guest websh

Hello Guys

having a bit of a problem here

i have acer liquid s100

on liquid next 1.9.2

using sd man

ovelclocked to 960 mhz

under voltage kernel on

using 8gb sd card transcend class 10

it seems after a lot of tampering around

suddenly the phone refuses point blank to detect any external ringtone

scaNNED the sd card for errors

tried to put only one ring tone in folder to avoid if a sound file got corrupted

no luck

can any one give me any tip for this ?

thnx in advance ppl

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Overkill1970

Hello,

Well thanks to this forum/post I was able to root my phone, Thank you!

Because I am with Fido I had to use Malez 0.6.2 which worked perfectly however now I am a bit afraid and confused about flashing a custom ROM

My phone provide me the following information

Android version 2.2.2

Build number Acer_LiquidE_4.004.12_PA_FIDO

So if I understand correctly I can only install ROM base on 2.2 like?

Cyanogenmod 6.1.1 V3

CDTeam FroYoMetal V3.1

LiquidNext 1.8 sound interesting but from what I read you need ROM 2.3 and I don’t see this anywhere specially since I am with FIDO

Thank you in advance for you help!