I´m getting wild ;) HELP!

Guest doSeee

So hi everybody...

I´m reading at modacos board since i had a HTC Hero.

Everytime it helped a lot and i never had to ask something but today i go crazy.

My gf got this GT540 and after 1.6 hangs a lot i decided to update it to 2.1 via the LG instruction.

But i think something went wrong whatever what but something did....

After the update was complete the phone is booting without any logo or whatever only black screen and after some secs the blue button light appears and i have to press "End Call" button to get the Enter Pin Code screen up.

Then i read here in this thread http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-gt540...kwork-recovery/

to install a European Rom with Fastboot and here is the problem! I CAN´T and it´s making me crazy.

Everything i tried failed and i cant even flash a different rom i think-

If i do so there is always the same Software-Version (GT540-V20a-OCT-05-2010) and after every try to flash and fastboot rom with kdz updater it is still this version.

I remeber that some new rom installs need a complete wipe but how to do that with a phone without fastboot?

And in cmd fastboot -w brings up a waiting for device and thats it.

please please help me out to get a smooth 2.1 with fastboot and clockwork recovery thats all SHE wants :D

Greets

Boot you phone into download mode. Start kdz and select emergency and try to flash. Notice you need to install the drivers first if you have already just try it.

Download Mode? Drivers? Sorry m8 if read a million methods and such things so it would be fine if you tell me exactly what you mean!?!?

If booting in download mode is Power and Volume down, remember that i do not see anything on my phone or how i know then if i am in download mode?

And what you mean with install drivers first if i had allready try?

I flashed Europe Open+Fastboot.kdz out of a how to install 2.2 thread and i used cs_emergency.

Did i have to install some drivers before or again??

Ohhh what a niiight :D

EDIT:

Download Mode is not working i think!

Took out battery, sim, sd and plugged in cable into usb then hold down volume - and plugged into phone.

Nothing happens, even not if i start kdz updater in this mode. press start update doesn´t even start the update, it only goes by if i plug out the usb cable again and then it says "PHONE NOT FOUND".

Totally weird that i do not see any animation and couldn´t even get in a mode like download mode or whatever... :D

By the way... This is what i tried but i can´t even install the first rom because i can´t even get to this download mode.... :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=41

Edited by doSeee

Try getting into fastboot (Hold down camera + plug the usb in) if you get a screen that is blank (But the backlight is on) or a blue screen, then your phone has some life. If you can get into normal software (into Android) try flashing the rom in CS_EMERGENCY mode (This will basically crash your phone into a failsafe, which you can flash your rom again)

If all else fails, you should give LG a bell, explain your situation (SAY YOU USED THEIR SOFTWARE!! NOT KDZ!) and they should help you out.

Hope it helps,

Jack.

Thx for the reply m8 :D

I am able to boot the phone into android that works, but as i said it is booting without any animation, logo etc...

And i cant recovery image or the clockwork kdz.

I will try to boot into Android and then flash a rom in cs-emergency mode.

If you can boot into android just fine then set it to debugging and try to flash it again. Use the normal way. Tip: Install drivers first then plug the phone via usb into the back of your PC this often helps to avoid problems caused by not enough energy on the front usb ports. !! Important dont connect the phone before installation only after finish !! To install the needed drivers download the Program http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/client/app/B2CAppSetup.exe install the program and start it up choose install usb driver and select gt540 in the list by double clicking it, now the driver should install. Close the LG Tool and start KDZ to flash. Connect the phone and wait until all drivers are ready a pop up will show up in the lower left corner. Flash and hope.

* Make sure Type is set to: 3GQCT

* Make sure PhoneMode is set to: DIAG

!! Your Phone should be charged fully or half before you flash !!

Edited by N3tieb

If you can boot into android just fine then set it to debugging and try to flash it again. Use the normal way. Tip: Install drivers first then plug the phone via usb into the back of your PC this often helps to avoid problems caused by not enough energy on the front usb ports. !! Important dont connect the phone before installation only after finish !! To install the needed drivers download the Program http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/client/app/B2CAppSetup.exe install the program and start it up choose install usb driver and select gt540 in the list by double clicking it, now the driver should install. Close the LG Tool and start KDZ to flash. Connect the phone and wait until all drivers are ready a pop up will show up in the lower left corner. Flash and hope.

* Make sure Type is set to: 3GQCT

* Make sure PhoneMode is set to: DIAG

!! Your Phone should be charged fully or half before you flash !!

Thx for the reply! :D

The normal way isn´t working for me, After flashing a fastboot rom and clockwork recovery nothing happens to the phone.

If i boot everything is exactly as before flashing. I did everything you wrote above yesterday... :D