Internet settings for Tesco Mobile (Rolling Contract)

Guest Miracle Boy

Guest Miracle Boy

Hello all,

Top forum this!! I hope you guys can help me. Please!!!

I've been mucking around with my new SF for about a month now. Flashed it with a few differnt roms and themes, Unlocked it etc and all has been going just fine. I did all of this with the Orange PAYG sim that was included. I had used up all the credit on that so I thought now it's time to swap out the orange PAYG sim from my regular sim & install it in the blade.

Alas, I have not been able to get a 3g connection at all using my Tesco Mobile sim :D Calls work o.k., as do texts, but I can't sync with google or get internet access via the browser or the market app. The Tesco sim works just fine in my SE W890i. Internet works just fine with it?? It's a Tesco Mobile 1 month (Rolling Contract) sim

The APN settings I am using are as follows:-

Name: Tesco WAP

APN: prepay.tesco-mobile.com

Proxy: 193.113.200.195

Port: 8080

Username: tescowap

Password: password

Server: - not set

MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

MMS Proxy: 193.113.200.195

MMS Port: 8080

MCC: 234

MNC: 10

Authentication type: PAP

APN Type: default (you type default)

These are taken from this post number 18 by Merlin 617 (thanks Merlin617!!!) from this link:-

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...work-providers/

I have also tried changing the MMSC too :- http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8080 (I lost all connections with that setting) And tried changing the password to tescowap, but nothing seems to work :D I did a reboot with each change to let the change in settings take effect.

I was using JJ9 & then Flibbles newish ROM (8a) but I have the same problem with both ROM's, so it must be something in the APN settings somewhere.

Can anybody please help me out with this? I've searched all over the web & have not found a solution. Even tried contacting Tesco's, but they just gave me the same setings as I have listed above, accept the NAME: which they told me to change to:- Tesco GPRS WAP, but that didn't make any difference either.

I have since topped up the Orange PAYG sim with another £10 worth of credit (Since I had completely ran out) and with the Orange sim back in, everything is working o.k. again i.e. I have internet access etc!!

THANK YOU!!

Edited by Miracle Boy

Guest Miracle Boy

Anybody??

I read somewhere this morning that some people have had problems with the other o2 settings in an APN list causing a conflict, That clearing the APN list using an app called "APN Backup & Restore" to clear the APN list & then re-entering the APN details as above, might solve my problem?? I will try this when I get home from work, but can anyone confirm if they have ever heard of connection problems caused by other APN settings in the APN list?? I'm really struggling with this one.

Thanks again.

Anybody??

I read somewhere this morning that some people have had problems with the other o2 settings in an APN list causing a conflict, That clearing the APN list using an app called "APN Backup & Restore" to clear the APN list & then re-entering the APN details as above, might solve my problem?? I will try this when I get home from work, but can anyone confirm if they have ever heard of connection problems caused by other APN settings in the APN list?? I'm really struggling with this one.

Thanks again.

Yep, I had this problem on original firmware - and this is how I resolved it.

Guest Geoff_UK

Hi,

I'm on the same SIM deal as you and I can confirm everything works as it should.

My APN settings are the same as yours except:

Name: Tesco

Authentication Type: <not set>

APN Type: default,supl,mms

When I installed fbl r8a there were many APN entries in the list and I just deleted them all except the Tesco one.

Geoff

Guest Miracle Boy

O.K. Thanks Elky69 & Geoff_UK.

I'll try clearing the rest of the other settings off the APN list with the "APN Backup & Restore APP" later on. Fingers crossed that will solve my problem.

Geoff_UK, I beleive those are the default APN settings in the APN list on Flibblesan's ROM. I'll go back to those settings at the same time when I delete the other APN settings.

I was tring to figure out how to DL the app without being able to get access to the internet or the marketplace, but I've found a DL of the app to a PC (from the developers website) so I can just transfer the app to my SD card by mounting it via USB. Sorted!!

Two quick questions though!!

1) Will I need to reboot the phone once I've deleted the other APN settings in order for the changes to come into effect?

2) Will APN Backup & restore allow me to either delete individual APN details, i.e. pick and choose which ones I delete, or will i have to delete all APN details and then re-enter the APN settings again.

Thanks again!!

Guest Miracle Boy

Success!!!

Now that I've cleared all the original APN data & re-entered the new data, all seems to be woring just fine now. YAY!!

I was unable to just delete any of the APN's individually, but I've made a backup now of the Tesco Mobile APN settings, so I should be o.k. in the future & won't have to re-enter the info again.

Thanks for your help guys!!!

Mods:- This topic can now be closed. Thank you!!

• 5 years later...
Guest Jakarias

I set mine to 3G only instead of 2G/3G and it started working, it was on o2 in APN and I switched it to Tesco before but that didn't fix it on it's own.

Edited by Jakarias
misspell