[APP] GUI for Darktremor`s Apps2SD

Guest elgubbo

Guest elgubbo
ok, thanks and good luck :(

okay there it is. DL link is back up.

anyone who had problems with CM7 and FCs - please tell me if its fixed now (i tested it on my liquid with CM7 but you never know ... :()

Guest the red blue blur

when turning off swap, it actually turns off and indicator stays the same, but apps2sd indicator turns off (only indicator)

Guest elgubbo
when turning off swap, it actually turns off and indicator stays the same, but apps2sd indicator turns off (only indicator)

i noticed that too and i think that it is a A2SD Beta problem, because when i did "a2sd check" in terminal/shell it said that there is a problem with apps2sd.

there also is a flag file created which means that A2SD is deactivated.

a quick fix is just activating the apps2sd in the gui (which is the same as doing a repair of a2sd) .. it will take a while and reboot, but it worked for me...

Edited by elgubbo

Guest elgubbo
lowmem settings always return me default values...

+1

the rest works pretty good. thanks!

thank you for the feedback guys :(

can you tell me which rom you are using?

if its CM7 then this is an A2SD scripts beta issue with the GUI. the lowmem settings are changed but the gui wont show it...

Edited by elgubbo

Guest Pikash
can you tell me which rom you are using?

if its CM7 then this is an A2SD scripts beta issue with the GUI. the lowmem settings are changed but the gui wont show it...

yep.

it's cm7, so thanks for explaining the problem :(

Guest elgubbo

yes it can but since the beta of A2sd scripts has some issues with swap you maybe will have to repair/enable a2sd again

edit: just updated...

Edited by elgubbo

Guest sporting_exodus

Just to let you know that I have tested this on my Pulse with a CM6 ROM installed and everything seems to work great - superb job!

Don't want to hijack this thread with other devices, but if you wanted to spread the word re compatibility I'm sure other users would be very grateful :(

Guest elgubbo
Just to let you know that I have tested this on my Pulse with a CM6 ROM installed and everything seems to work great - superb job!

Don't want to hijack this thread with other devices, but if you wanted to spread the word re compatibility I'm sure other users would be very grateful :D

thanks for your feedback! glad you like it :(!

new version in first post

Guest elgubbo

Don't want to hijack this thread with other devices, but if you wanted to spread the word re compatibility I'm sure other users would be very grateful :D

thanks for your feedback! glad you like it :(!

new version in first post

Guest the red blue blur

on last versions free-ram-meter always shows me ~3MB free, while in "running apps" it shows me ~80MB, and in "about phone" ~40 and more... i dont use killers, so cant tell what they show)

swap is used.

previously it varied well - more free ram, less swap, and other way round.

so whom to trust? :D

or it is script's or rom's (noticed on dario's new rom, also on last nightly build) problems and just dont give a f**?)

Edited by the red blue blur

Guest elgubbo
on last versions free-ram-meter always shows me ~3MB free, while in "running apps" it shows me ~80MB, and in "about phone" ~40 and more... i dont use killers, so cant tell what they show)

swap is used.

previously it varied well - more free ram, less swap, and other way round.

so whom to trust? :(

or it is script's or rom's (noticed on dario's new rom, also on last nightly build) problems and just dont give a f**?)

Hey thanks for the feedback.

i do Not know whats the most accurate. I use the "free" command to check. You dann try in Terminal Emulator :D

Guest Diabovx

@elgubbo

A stupid question, Is it possible to install Darktremor a2sd on a stock ROM, without any modded kernel, in order to use your app? This app is very usefull, and i think Darktremor's a2sd's running better then Malez one.

Thank you in advance

Guest HustlinDaily

elugbbo:

Great app, just installed CM7 and been using this app and it the perfect complement (one reason I left CM7 in the first place was no Dalvik2SD. That and Bluetooth, now that both have been taken care off, I am loving it).

I do have one question. Do you know what the default memory killer settings are for Gingerbread?

Thanks in advance.

Guest elgubbo
@elgubbo

A stupid question, Is it possible to install Darktremor a2sd on a stock ROM, without any modded kernel, in order to use your app? This app is very usefull, and i think Darktremor's a2sd's running better then Malez one.

Thank you in advance

thanks for your feedback!

i have been told its possible but not easy. and i dont know how it works :(

elugbbo:

Great app, just installed CM7 and been using this app and it the perfect complement (one reason I left CM7 in the first place was no Dalvik2SD. That and Bluetooth, now that both have been taken care off, I am loving it).

I do have one question. Do you know what the default memory killer settings are for Gingerbread?

Thanks in advance.

glad you like it :D

i dont know the exact default memory killer settings, but you can check them by doing "cat /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree" in terminal emulator or adb shell :(

• 3 weeks later...
Guest siggey
V 0.9 free on market :D

some feedback:

I am on cm7 kang, 256 mb swap, 512 mb ext2. With v0.8 everything works well, with 0.9 sometimes fc and it is impossible to convert ext2 in ext3.

BTW thanks for your work

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Daneel_87

why datasd option isn't supported by the gui? i use it and every time I need to enable/disable it I have to use the terminal