Honeycomb Status bar [SOLVED]

Guest wobblydoggy

I've now changed the battery & charging icons from the green gingerbread themed icon to the new blue honeycomb icon to match the others.

I've updated the framework-res.apk on my Dropbox here (this is a patched version of the one from MCR r7) - as before please only apply this if you know what to do with the file, and know how to recover if anything should go wrong(!)

I don't know how to create an update.zip for Clockwork, but I'm sure someone around here does.

Or if you just want the icons to patch to your own framework-res.apk I've added the 14 battery icons to the others in this zip.

Updated screenshot below...

post-773184-1298590691_thumb.png

Guest HunteronX
you know - i have absolutely no idea what you fellows are talking about but no doubt something mega-awesome will appear as a result.

:huh:

Don't worry - all they're talking about is changing icons on the top bar, screen animations, wallpapers etc. so that they can make the device look like it's running the newest version of Android, honeycomb (3.0).

Edited by HunteronX

Guest HunteronX
I've now changed the battery & charging icons from the green gingerbread themed icon to the new blue honeycomb icon to match the others.

I've updated the framework-res.apk on my Dropbox here (this is a patched version of the one from MCR r7) - as before please only apply this if you know what to do with the file, and know how to recover if anything should go wrong(!)

I don't know how to create an update.zip for Clockwork, but I'm sure someone around here does.

Or if you just want the icons to patch to your own framework-res.apk I've added the 14 battery icons to the others in this zip.

Updated screenshot below...

post-773184-1298590691_thumb.png

Thanks for the battery icons - I'm testing them now! :huh:

EDIT: They look great!

Edited by HunteronX

Guest Sir Gash
if someone do any tutorial of how to install this (with no crashesXD), it would be much better... :huh:

Make sure USB Debugging is on and you have ADB on your PC (e.g. C:\android\tools). Then follow these steps:

- Copy the framework-res.apk of your choice to the same folder as adb.exe for convenience.

- You can copy the following code into a batch file (e.g. PushFramework.bat) or just start a Command Prompt and type these commands in one by one:

adb shell stop

adb remount

adb pull /system/framework/framework-res.apk framework-res.apk.bak

adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk

adb reboot
This also makes a backup of your current framework file so you can just push it back with the following if something goes wrong:
adb shell stop

adb remount

adb push framework-res.apk.bak /system/framework/framework-res.apk

adb reboot

Job done.

Guest Sir Gash
Thanks for the battery icons - I'm testing them now! :huh:

EDIT: They look great!

Agreed! Thanks tdroza, it looks great now and will keep me happy until a true Honeycomb port :)

I have modified your version and added in the fancy animations/transitions and also removed the nVidia wallpapers from /res/drawable which makes the file 3MB smaller! You can get it from my Dropbox here: framework-res.apk

Guest dagrim1

Hmmm, why is it that every wallpaper I try on the vega (including the one posted here by wobblydoggy) is blurry on my vega...

Is that just how it is or do you guys actually get nice n sharp wallpapers? (Running launcherpro and doesn't seem to matter how I 'cut' the wallpaper...)

Guest BlackCat^
Hmmm, why is it that every wallpaper I try on the vega (including the one posted here by wobblydoggy) is blurry on my vega...

Is that just how it is or do you guys actually get nice n sharp wallpapers? (Running launcherpro and doesn't seem to matter how I 'cut' the wallpaper...)

My understanding is the stock gallery is only 16bit colours(?). The Modaco ROM has a 32bit colour replacement for this. But if like me you you wish to keep stock ROM a workaround is install a 3rd party gallery from the market such as fish bowl photo viewer and apply the wallpaper within this program.

Edited by BlackCat^

Guest Sir Gash

The wallpaper handling in Android sucks! Try this one instead, it is the original image resized to 1200x600 then I increased the canvas size to 1200x1024:

post-797044-1298628227_thumb.jpg

Then install Wallaby and apply the wallpaper (make sure you DO NOT select 'Resize image to screen height'):

Android Market

AppBrain

Edited by Sir Gash

Guest Sir Gash
I really like the menu fly-in animations, but I HATE the screen transition flipping. Could someone tell me how to change this back within the .spk please?

Not sure what the filenames are, but you could always find a transition you like and copy into your framework-res.apk anim folder yourself. Have a look at this thread, with videos!

More are available here.

EDIT: The above link has the filenames you need so just copy over the ones you don't like (on 2nd post)

Edited by Sir Gash

Not sure what the filenames are, but you could always find a transition you like and copy into your framework-res.apk anim folder yourself. Have a look at this thread, with videos!

More are available here.

EDIT: The above link has the filenames you need so just copy over the ones you don't like (on 2nd post)

Thanks a lot mate! I'll get to work changing these to my liking :huh:

I have modified the framework-res.apk to change some of the animations to nice, smooth swipe/face animations which I really like (as well as keeping the menu box fly-in effect) and also re-themed a large amount of the rest of the file to make it more blue/honeycomb-esque. There are some more things I would like to do, but it tied the whole thing together nicely IMO. I've replaced the fly-in option menu's with blacker gingerbread/honeycomb ones and replaced checkboxes etc.

It still needs a little work, but it is working nicely for me. Let mw know what you think guys, I'll possibly post some screenies tomorrow.

Zeb

Guest Flower56
I have modified the framework-res.apk to change some of the animations to nice, smooth swipe/face animations which I really like (as well as keeping the menu box fly-in effect) and also re-themed a large amount of the rest of the file to make it more blue/honeycomb-esque. There are some more things I would like to do, but it tied the whole thing together nicely IMO. I've replaced the fly-in option menu's with blacker gingerbread/honeycomb ones and replaced checkboxes etc.

It still needs a little work, but it is working nicely for me. Let mw know what you think guys, I'll possibly post some screenies tomorrow.

Zeb

Hi,

It doesn't work for me! I could only catch a glimpse of the " Vega" booting icon then turn to black.

Hope it'll help you

Nice try

Hi,

It doesn't work for me! I could only catch a glimpse of the " Vega" booting icon then turn to black.

Hope it'll help you

Nice try

Are you sure? thats strange? Try this link, it's a direct adb pull of the apk I ahve running on my Vega right now and it's running perfectly! What ROM/MCR are you running?

Guest Flower56
Are you sure? thats strange? Try this link, it's a direct adb pull of the apk I ahve running on my Vega right now and it's running perfectly! What ROM/MCR are you running?

Hi,

I've just tried the new link you gave me

It's working perfectly now ! Thx man !

Nice work

Going to bed, try it deeper tomorrow

Edited by Flower56

Guest Solidare

Nice work on all the framework mods guys.

Heres my effort for anyone that fancies a try. Im using Dan's r8a with the normal status bar.

framework includes

- Modified stock Vega 'home', 'back' and 'settings' icons

- Honeycomb battery icons

- alphaola rom animations

- Modified unlock sliders

- Custom notification dropdown using a mix of stock and Honeycomb

- Modified USB android images from Honeycomb

If it doesn't work, you should just be able to push your previous framework using adb while its stuck booting, so be sure to do a backup.

Loving the Honeycomb boot screen aswell, anyone that ain't got it - get it. :huh: top job.

Guest Sir Gash

Thanks for this. Only problem I have is the toaster pop-ups are messed up:

post-797044-1298712478_thumb.png

As you can see, the frame for the pop-up is offset too low and it is too small making it unreadable when there is anything on screen when you get a pop-up:

post-797044-1298712815_thumb.png

Cheers

Edited by Sir Gash

Guest Sir Gash
Nice work on all the framework mods guys.

Heres my effort for anyone that fancies a try. Im using Dan's r8a with the normal status bar.

Hi Solidare, unfortunately I just get a black screen when trying your one :huh:

Thanks for this. Only problem I have is the toaster pop-ups are messed up:

post-797044-1298712478_thumb.png

As you can see, the frame for the pop-up is offset too low and it is too small making it unreadable when there is anything on screen when you get a pop-up:

post-797044-1298712815_thumb.png

Cheers

Yea I get this too, I'm also aware of some other issues (such as when using a keyboard in landscape that grabs all of the screen above it, the input window is messed up). I'll try and fix all of this and add some more stuff to it tomorrow when I get some time :huh:

My aim is to have a full Honeycomb theme so I'm gonna try and replace as much as I can to make it look nice.

Zeb

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cawhite

HI,

I go through this whole process and everything seems ok within the dos commands but nothing changes on the device.

I am in USB debugging mode with the Vega on. I am using Launcher Pro if this could be anything to do with it? I would be grateful for any help with this issue.

Thanks

Guest Solidare
HI,

I go through this whole process and everything seems ok within the dos commands but nothing changes on the device.

I am in USB debugging mode with the Vega on. I am using Launcher Pro if this could be anything to do with it? I would be grateful for any help with this issue.

Thanks

Hi cawhite

You could try this

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...ega-tools-v3-0/

(Try and do a nandroid backup from clockwork recovery first, pays to play it safe)

Hope this helps