Gingerbread (2.3.3) OTA

Guest Turbocom

Guest Alan Cox

Not overly impressed so far.

It mucked up all my wallpaper and display preferences, and gratuitiously restyled bits of the UI

apps2sd no longer works

Several of my apps vanished, claimed not to be installed and later came back, along with some deleted stuff which now won't delete ('Server error') or view ('No data found') which I need to investigate (oddly they are there as they run so it could be showing up something an older Android bust I guess)

I do like the fact that the power button doesn't just blank now but does a rather neat impression of a crt style TV collapsing to a single line and off.

Now have they fixed the wireless... that is the million dollar question

Guest jsl.com
Not overly impressed so far.

It mucked up all my wallpaper and display preferences, and gratuitiously restyled bits of the UI

apps2sd no longer works

Several of my apps vanished, claimed not to be installed and later came back, along with some deleted stuff which now won't delete ('Server error') or view ('No data found') which I need to investigate (oddly they are there as they run so it could be showing up something an older Android bust I guess)

I do like the fact that the power button doesn't just blank now but does a rather neat impression of a crt style TV collapsing to a single line and off.

Now have they fixed the wireless... that is the million dollar question

Thanks for the report Alan.

Which wireless problem are you having? I've had no troubles on my Nexus One using 802.11n both as a client and as a WAP.

Guest KnowFear

Which wireless problem are you having? I've had no troubles on my Nexus One using 802.11n both as a client and as a WAP.

It will be nice to have this kitchen ready to go. We have waited months, but the time is very soon hopefully.

Guest tropmonky

The update is out and available for download on the XDA site: The link to the XDA page with downloads

However, as with any OTA update, you must be on a FULLY stock ROM to use it.

I was running the latest MoDaCo ROM for quite a long time. But the phone started acting up and so I loaded Cyanogenmod CM7 RC1 on the phone. It works pretty well, but to make sure the phone stays stable I reboot everyday...

Can't wait for Paul to kitchen up this 2.3.3!!!!!!! c'mon Paul! :huh:

Guest Alan Cox

Wireless dropping and then failing to reconnect to the wireless until you turn the wireless off/on - continually trying though and burning battery.

So far (and a 12 hour test is not a good one) so good.

The other thing nice it adds is SIP support, which apart from the rather daft fact you can only call non numerics by adding a contact seems to work out of the box beautifully.

Edited by Alan Cox

Guest Turksoldier

hey, recently bought a nexus one (second hand) and im having trouble updating it. when i go to system update says its upto date, when i go to manually do it says it cant find the sdcard directory. as far as im aware its not rooted! any ideas?

Guest Alan Cox
Just for information - my wireless seems fine

Yeah it's seemed to depend a lot on the AP in use.

So far so good, and several app breakages (eg K9) have seen market updates already.