CM7 Battery Mods

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

Here is a couple of battery mods in "T-Mobile Theme Chooser" format. I suppose i could do requests if anyone has any? Please read the following notes.

1. Why do i not port my themes to CM7? Too much work to port everything to the new theme engine for me for now.

2. Why are these in flashable zips? I like mine installed to system, you can extract the apk and install. May cause slow downs.

3. What's the error about screen size? Ignore and apply theme anyway.

Circle mod battery.

circles.png

Download Circle Mod Battery

Stock Gingerbread with Percentage.

stockpercent.png

Download Stock Percentage Battery

GenerationX

genx.png

Download GenX Battery

Edited by Frankish

Haha, damn it, one of the reasons I switched back to JJ was that I missed the circle mod. But good to know that it is available now when I switch to CM7 again when there is a more stable version.

Guest targetbsp

There's one you can turn on now as well under Cyanogen Options -> Interface -> Status Bar Tweaks. It's not as nice as the circle battery though (imo) but it sure is simple to apply!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest mvheuver

Thanks Frankish, the circle battery was the only thing missing for me! I wasn't exactly sure how to install this though, but it seemed to work for me by just downloading your zip file, which afterwards prompted ROM Manager to open the file, then it did an automatic reboot into Clockwork, which applied the patch, then another reboot. To my disappointment the circle battery was not there but in the Theme Manager I saw the new Frankish theme, which I applied, so it was a success in the end!

(just describing my experience in case there are other noobs with similar confusion)

Guest Maringer

Hi Frankish.

When on JJ, I used your thin circle theme which I think looks, erm, 'classier' than the standard one!

If it isn't too much trouble, I'd be pleased if you created a thin circle battery mod for CM7.

If it would take you too long, please don't worry about it!

Guest tomthered

Just to clarify for any noobs like me, you flash the zip from ClockworkMod and then when its rebooted go into homescreen where all the app widgets are, navgate to Theme Chooser and Frankish Circle Battery theme is in there. Just click apply

Cheers Frankish - looks very smart

Edited by tomthered

you are the man frankish,was starting to miss my circles.

why this is not default in android i do not know.

edit: can these mods be placed over a theme ?

for example,i love the honeybread theme,but the status bar sucks,can hardly see it.

Would be sweat if frankish could do some magic to sort signal & battery symbols that could be placed over

honeybread theme ?

Edited by Guest

Guest mvheuver
Just to clarify for any noobs like me, you flash the zip from ClockworkMod and then when its rebooted go into homescreen where all the app widgets are, navgate to Theme Chooser and Frankish Circle Battery theme is in there. Just click apply

Cheers Frankish - looks very smart

Can anyone confirm this still works for nightly 11? All I get is the green man, after which I need to reflash the ROM again to get a working phone again. Maybe the theme needs to be updated again?

Guest The Soup Thief
Can anyone confirm this still works for nightly 11? All I get is the green man, after which I need to reflash the ROM again to get a working phone again. Maybe the theme needs to be updated again?

Works fine for me

When flashing the ROM this morning from clockwork once it hung on the wee green fella

Pulled the battery and let it do its thing again

Then chose the familiar theme in Theme Chooser and all was right with the world :huh:

Guest mvheuver
Works fine for me

When flashing the ROM this morning from clockwork once it hung on the wee green fella

Pulled the battery and let it do its thing again

Then chose the familiar theme in Theme Chooser and all was right with the world :huh:

Hmmm... OK. I've tried it twice now but it keeps showing Mr. Green. Oh well, no big deal, may try again later.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest colin.bate

When I used your circle battery theme on Pauls modaco rom when on charge it flasheb between percent & mains plug can you do that for this this theme.

Regards

Colin Bate

Guest Poodha

Think I noticed that too? It doesn't display percentage while under charge? Not a biggy though if it displays when it's fully charged(100 percent) properly. Since the Blade indicates a full charge already at 90%.

Guest prestonmale

hi frankish,

congrats to your new arrival and thanks for all your work. really love your themes.

however, would it be possible to make those themes/battery icons in blue?

thanks, H

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Magget

Awesome work with the circle mod! Please do the thin circle too, I tried changing the battery png:s in the apk to the thin circle ones from your JJ theme but never managed to sign the apk so I could try it on the phone.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ricey155

i ended up installing the theme's with metamorph and using the apk (Rover Cyan was isntalled via xda)

but i got stuck with green andriod so reverted to another way

Theme installer write up

Hmmm... OK. I've tried it twice now but it keeps showing Mr. Green. Oh well, no big deal, may try again later.

Guest ejhollin

I just extracted the circlemod apk from the zip, copied that over to the phone, installed that, and then used the theme installer in CM7 to install it. Works okay.

Edited by ejhollin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mushroom_Lord

Quick question for Frankish: How did you go about porting these? I would like to try some of your other themes myself.

• 1 month later...
Guest ColdEmbrace
Quick question for Frankish: How did you go about porting these? I would like to try some of your other themes myself.

Likely wont get frankish replies, but I cant seem to install these :D

I extracted the apk but it wont install

Guest Mushroom_Lord
Likely wont get frankish replies, but I cant seem to install these :D

I extracted the apk but it wont install

Mine have certainly worked in the past, maybe since then CM doesn't like them for some reason...

I'll try again soon...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Liesse

Also not working on Green Cm7 V5 ;) Tried flashing zip via clockwork (which gives message that its worked) and install via apk. Neither method makes it appear in theme selector. Anyone manage it?

Guest robinhud2010
Also not working on Green Cm7 V5 ;) Tried flashing zip via clockwork (which gives message that its worked) and install via apk. Neither method makes it appear in theme selector. Anyone manage it?

Same here.