Need advice for good wired headset

Guest Sotiris Lekkas

Guest Sotiris Lekkas

I broke my headset and im looking to replace it with something better. I want if possible to have next and previous buttons an optional radio.

Thanks

Guest Sotiris Lekkas
I bought the Sennheiser M101 when I got my phone, sounds great and has the required buttons.

Sucks on phone calls though.

Thanks for the reply. The problem is I need for phone calls as well.

Guest Sotiris Lekkas

Just one person bought headphones???

Come on friends help out a fellow streaker. I found a thread in xda but no one has replied for some time now so the headsets there are outdated plus I didn't find any that I thought good enough.

I don't care for them to be expensive. I need good mic good sound and rewind fast forward. If it also has cm radio its good but not important.

i was searching for a really good one...

My main criteria was the mic should have a background noise reduction ability....

Still could not locate one..

I might go for bose headset - Bose MIE2 Mobile Headset In-Ear Headphones

THough it may not be the best , its what i found...

I bought my wife a set of the Bose headphones for her iphone. The sound quality is unbelievable.

Good or bad...

How does the microphone do ?

Does the listener complain of background noise ?

Can u put a short review

Guest El Nino9
Good or bad...

How does the microphone do ?

Does the listener complain of background noise ?

Can u put a short review

LOL i swear the above user said headphones....

Guest kwenteen
Missed it :)

I had to change the headset too, but couldn't find anything that was good enough. As I already had very good headphones, I just cut the wires, and resoldered them to my original headset... very easy with any kind of pencil solder...

and as I have two headphones, I just bought a basic nokia headset, to grab the jack, wire, and mic, then re-soldered the headphones to it !

This way, you could use very good headphones (I'm using ATHES7 audio technica), with headset function !

I have no complains when using it for phone calls, and I'm often asked to use it instead of the phone directly, because the sound is better !

PS : If you are not interested with doing such trick, could you tell me where your headset is broken ? I might be interested by it ! :huh:

boujou bien !

K.

Edited by kwenteen

Guest brokenpixel
I had to change the headset too, but couldn't find anything that was good enough. As I already had very good headphones, I just cut the wires, and resoldered them to my original headset... very easy with any kind of pencil solder...

and as I have two headphones, I just bought a basic nokia headset, to grab the jack, wire, and mic, then re-soldered the headphones to it !

This way, you could use very good headphones (I'm using ATHES7 audio technica), with headset function !

I have no complains when using it for phone calls, and I'm often asked to use it instead of the phone directly, because the sound is better !

PS : If you are not interested with doing such trick, could you tell me where your headset is broken ? I might be interested by it ! :huh:

boujou bien !

K.

This would be the route to take for me, just get the "best" mic around cut the earphones and rig up a 3.5mm headphone plug so you can use any earphone/headphones.

It is fairly easy to do.

boujou bien !

K.

Can u post some pics... That would be helpful..

Guest kwenteen
Can u post some pics... That would be helpful..

Hum hum...

I'm not very proud of how it was done...

As I'm not very carefull, the wire get stuck all the time in door knobs, or anything possible, and then breaks... So I already fixed it numerous times, even before soldering it to the mic and now it's looking rather ugly....

I mean, it's really awfull, but it still works !

what I did was to cut the old earphones, leaving just 1,5 cm, remove the plastic tube, apply some flux, solder paste, then solder the earphones with the desired length of wire, and fix everything with hot glue (quick and very dirty way) to insulate and attach wires to the mic/button...

the other that I did, is more clean, and I haven't broken it (yet) :huh: :)

it was much cleaner because the plastic case containing mic and button was easy to open, so I desoldered carefully the old earphones, and resoldered the new ones, closed the cap, and voila ! (second pic is showing it... it looks dirty because I had to desold and resold it : the wiring to the jack is not the same in nokias phone than the Streak, so I had to test all combinations possible (I had no multimeter to help me...))

PS, I'm really serious, I would like to find a replacement for my original headset, because it's really to shamefull... But I would like to avoid to spend another 20 € to buy another headset that I would break to use only a small part of it !

So if you have an old one laying somewhere... I'm here !

post-767639-1298903012_thumb.jpg post-767639-1298904247_thumb.jpg

Edited by kwenteen

Guest Sotiris Lekkas

My one headphone got into a glass of water by accident and now its not working anymore.

I would love to be able to fix it but I don't know if I could.

Guest kwenteen
My one headphone got into a glass of water by accident and now its not working anymore.

I would love to be able to fix it but I don't know if I could.

is the mic and button still functioning ?

if yes, you can use it to stick brand new/better earphones on it, and have a way better headset ! If you think you won't be able to do it by yourself, ask a friend to do it !

and if you're not interested, let me have them (have pity on me, look at the pic, this is really too shameful ) :huh: :) , let's say for 10 bucks ?

boujou bien !

K.

Edited by kwenteen

Guest Sotiris Lekkas
is the mic and button still functioning ?

if yes, you can use it to stick brand new/better earphones on it, and have a way better headset ! If you think you won't be able to do it by yourself, ask a friend to do it !

and if you're not interested, let me have them (have pity on me, look at the pic, this is really too shameful ) :huh: :) , let's say for 10 bucks ?

boujou bien !

K.

The mic works just fine and so do the functions. I have a friend who can do this. Thanks for the suggestion.

Guest JOBooth

I've used an ety.com headset with a previous phone which I no longer have. Best wired headset I've ever had: http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er22.aspx

It's got a 2.5mm plug, but there are adapters: http://www.amazon.com/Headset-Buddy-Adapte...IN%3DB002SKAP46

Simple, great sound, great noise cancellation. I've never used it with the Streak but I imagine it'll work just fine with the adapter.

Currently I've gone wireless with a Jawbone Icon and will never look back. Outstanding sound quality, awesome noise and wind cancellation.

Guest Sotiris Lekkas
I've used an ety.com headset with a previous phone which I no longer have. Best wired headset I've ever had: http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er22.aspx

It's got a 2.5mm plug, but there are adapters: http://www.amazon.com/Headset-Buddy-Adapte...IN%3DB002SKAP46

Simple, great sound, great noise cancellation. I've never used it with the Streak but I imagine it'll work just fine with the adapter.

Currently I've gone wireless with a Jawbone Icon and will never look back. Outstanding sound quality, awesome noise and wind cancellation.

You are using the jawbone with the streak? All functions work fine?

Guest JOBooth
You are using the jawbone with the streak? All functions work fine?

Jawbone Icon works great! I love it. Awesome quality/noise cancellation.

Voice dialing is a little quirky, but is it ever not?