When i unlock my phone i lose the ability to send sms

Guest j_rumball

Guest j_rumball

when I unlock my phone useing the guide posted in this forum I lose the ability to send sms and mms (you press new and nothing happens ?! ) also I lose all my connection settings =( am I doing somthing wrong ?. Has anyone else had this problem, its driving me insane I'm on about my 20th hard reset because of this. The phone takes along time to see activesync about a min after you put it in the cradel after the blue screen apperars is this a problem ?

Thanks for any help

Josh

Guest awarner [MVP]

Try this bit,

well it looks like your SMS Service Centre number has been erased after the reset.

goto settings> telephony> call options> scroll down to

SMS service centre

and type in: +447973100973

Are you from the UK? as the Service center number listed is for the UK only

Guest j_rumball

yup from good old Blighty but the sms number is there is there any chance i cold have a different version to most got the phone mid december when they got restocked from an orange shop

Guest j_rumball

Sorted it had copied the code incorectly (must stop trying to do these things at midnight) had the security heading inserted twice obeously caused the code to run incorrectly sttoping me from restoring the sms and mms settings =) sorry for the trouble :?

Some stuff may not work after you've done this - the most obvious being SMS texting. This is because you are using the wrong SMS service centre.

You need to go to:

Programs> Call Options>

...and change the 'SMS service Centre' number to that for the network you wish to use (Voda, 02, etc etc).

Guest awarner [MVP]
Some stuff may not work after you've done this - the most obvious being SMS texting. This is because you are using the wrong SMS service centre.

You need to go to:

Programs> Call Options>

...and change the 'SMS service Centre' number to that for the network you wish to use (Voda, 02, etc etc).

Err would be right what you are saying but your talking about the wrong

sort of unlocking, this is about application unlocking :roll:

Guest Minister

:idea:

Not trying to be funny.. but what i would do is phone up orange, but do not tell them you have "software" unlocked your phone. Tell them your phone crashed :) and you are now unable to send txt messages. Convince them they should send u that txt message which sets up your phone... the one you gotta delete after reading it.

try it.. and keep me informed ;) i plan to unlock soon!

Good luck geeza

Guest castlebrae

Just unlocked my phone, worked on second go, I think I didn't copy the files across quick enough the first time.

(BTW for the tut on how to do it, I couldn't file the files refered to. You may want to remind people to goto tools/folder options/file types and select view all files)

Anyway. I now have the same problem re sms. When i goto the inbox and select new nothing happens. I have phoned 156 and they said they would send out the GPRS SMS, just like i got when i first started to use the phone. However I haven't recieved anything yet! (30 mins)

Guest Minister

Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just unlocked my phone, worked on second go, I think I didn't copy the files across quick enough the first time.

(BTW for the tut on how to do it, I couldn't file the files refered to. You may want to remind people to goto tools/folder options/file types and select view all files)

Anyway. I now have the same problem re sms. When i goto the inbox and select new nothing happens. I have phoned 156 and they said they would send out the GPRS SMS, just like i got when i first started to use the phone. However I haven't recieved anything yet! (30 mins)

30 mins?!?!? i waited a day before i got my first one.. so be patient :)