StreakDroid 1.8.1 ( aka Bug Extermination Edition ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest alexmoi

Every time i load 1.8.0 or 1.8.1 it will work fine but then the next day if i restart the streak it will not see my mobile provider and there is an X on the signal strength in the notification bar. In the options the airplane mode with be checked yet the wifi is working. When i uncheck the airplane mode nothing happens and when i go back into wireless setting the airplane mode is still activated. Restarting many times does nothing. Only thing that works is a full factory reset.

Any idea of this problem?

Guest tv-arnd

Can someone confirm / unconfirm satisfaction with automatic screen rotation (gsensor, accellerometer)?

Toggling Settings>Auto-rotate screen does not help.

Only calling activity com.oem.engineeeringmode.gsensor.Gsensor > Calibration helps (until next reboot).

Guest rebski

A few pages back I was guided on how to flash 319 and then install 1.8.1.

I am very happy to report that all of my issues appear to have been sorted. Previously, I had the not uncommon list of FCs, spontaneous reboot, shut down, WiFi issues, screen sluggishness and probably a few more that I can’t recall.

So far everything seems to be pretty good within my range of usage. I haven’t gone out of my way to try and replicate the bugs that are listed on another thread but am happy to do so if that could be useful.

Guest frankquattrone
A few pages back I was guided on how to flash 319 and then install 1.8.1.

I am very happy to report that all of my issues appear to have been sorted. Previously, I had the not uncommon list of FCs, spontaneous reboot, shut down, WiFi issues, screen sluggishness and probably a few more that I can’t recall.

So far everything seems to be pretty good within my range of usage. I haven’t gone out of my way to try and replicate the bugs that are listed on another thread but am happy to do so if that could be useful.

I concur. I did the same and ROM has not had any issues at all in over a week. Everyone who is having problems should go to Stock then 1.8.1 and not install perfmod. Look for Hans A's post. If you don't, I don't think anyone will be able to help you with your problems.

Guest leon32

hellow / Please give video to YOUTIBE with update android 2.2 to STREAKDROID 1.8 or 2.0 . I am from ukraine ..... Dell streak in this country only near 100 . sanks , my skype leon8888813

Guest syth2002

Please help

Im new to streakdroid but managed to install everything. The only problem was i wasnt sure what pixel density was to i set it to the highest setting, making my screen barely useable. Can anyone tell me how i can change it to 120, in as much detail as possible!!

thanks

Please help

Im new to streakdroid but managed to install everything. The only problem was i wasnt sure what pixel density was to i set it to the highest setting, making my screen barely useable. Can anyone tell me how i can change it to 120, in as much detail as possible!!

thanks

just edit the install.txt to the density u want... 120 may be too small... 160 is the standard.

then reflash...

Should not take more than 10 min

Guest syth2002
just edit the install.txt to the density u want... 120 may be too small... 160 is the standard.

then reflash...

Should not take more than 10 min

Thanks ill do this, but when you say reflash does that mean reinstall 1.8.1 using clockworkmod??

Guest zrospeed
Thanks ill do this, but when you say reflash does that mean reinstall 1.8.1 using clockworkmod??

If you have root explorer, you can edit your build.prop file. Change the lcd density to 160 or whatever.

Open root explorer, click on the SYSTEM folder, press and hold BUILD.PROP file and choose EDIT IN TEXT EDITOR, scrolldown to til u see lcd density, and change the number thats already there to anything you like. I prefer 160. save and exit. And then reboot phone.

u.can also try other file explorers besides root explorer. Or u can do what gopu mentioned. edit your install.txt with the lcd density u like and reflash 1.8.1

Edited by zrospeed

Guest syth2002
If you have root explorer, you can edit your build.prop file. Change the lcd density to 160 or whatever.

Open root explorer, click on the SYSTEM folder, press and hold BUILD.PROP file and choose EDIT IN TEXT EDITOR, scrolldown to til u see lcd density, and change the number thats already there to anything you like. I prefer 160. save and exit. And then reboot phone.

u.can also try other file explorers besides root explorer. Or u can do what gopu mentioned. edit your install.txt with the lcd density u like and reflash 1.8.1

The standart text editor wont let me save the edited version of build.prob nor will quickoffice. not sure how else to try. other option of changing install.txt didnt work even after flashing and reinstalling.

Guest panamoncreel0
The standart text editor wont let me save the edited version of build.prob nor will quickoffice. not sure how else to try. other option of changing install.txt didnt work even after flashing and reinstalling.

Root explorer that will allow you to mount and change the file

Guest syth2002
Root explorer that will allow you to mount and change the file

Oh right that would make sense, i wasnt actually using root explorer, is there any other file explorer which offers the option to root and edit core files? I dont really want to spend £2.50 to change 3 numbers. :D

thanks for all the help guys!

Guest craigdabbs

the last 3-4 builds i have been having the annoying random reboots so i decided to go back to the o2 2.2 stock rom to make sure its not software related, strange thing is tho it was happened when it was in standby mode and all of a sudden its reset itself lol. Using a a uptime widget the max time was around 4 hours. Ouch

Not sure if anyone would be interested but i recorded the cat log a few times when it done its reboot.

Guest XsCode

adb remount

adb pull /system/build.prop

<edit the file using wordpad and save>

adb push build.prop /system/build.prop

Oh right that would make sense, i wasnt actually using root explorer, is there any other file explorer which offers the option to root and edit core files? I dont really want to spend £2.50 to change 3 numbers. :D

thanks for all the help guys!

Guest XsCode

Stock is more likely to be the back cover (yes i know it wasn't being touched, but it still happens). Steve removed the code that activates the switch in 1.6+ (i think)

the last 3-4 builds i have been having the annoying random reboots so i decided to go back to the o2 2.2 stock rom to make sure its not software related, strange thing is tho it was happened when it was in standby mode and all of a sudden its reset itself lol. Using a a uptime widget the max time was around 4 hours. Ouch

Not sure if anyone would be interested but i recorded the cat log a few times when it done its reboot.

Edited by XsCode

Guest frankquattrone

I had random resets on 180 and 181 like you and it was due to perfmod I think and going to stock 2.2 then back was the only way to fix it. If you're getting reboots on stock, it probably is unrelated and due to the battery cover issue someone else mentioned. When I had stock that used to happen. I fixed it by putting a cut out piece of of business card over the battery connector area under the back cover to keep it nice and tight.

Guest leon32

hellow / Please give video to YOUTIBE with update android 2.2 to STREAKDROID 1.8 or 2.0 . I am from ukraine ..... Dell streak in this country only near 100 . sanks , my skype leon8888813

Guest alert_bri
I had random resets on 180 and 181 like you and it was due to perfmod I think and going to stock 2.2 then back was the only way to fix it. If you're getting reboots on stock, it probably is unrelated and due to the battery cover issue someone else mentioned. When I had stock that used to happen. I fixed it by putting a cut out piece of of business card over the battery connector area under the back cover to keep it nice and tight.

I'm not suffering from obvious/frequent random resets on 181 with perfmod... But wondering whether the poor audio quality on phone calls would be solved with a 2.2 reset. On the other hand, Stephen is nearing a 1.9 release based on the recent Dell build 2.2.2 so probably worth hanging on for that.

Cheers

Brian

Guest frankquattrone
I'm not suffering from obvious/frequent random resets on 181 with perfmod... But wondering whether the poor audio quality on phone calls would be solved with a 2.2 reset. On the other hand, Stephen is nearing a 1.9 release based on the recent Dell build 2.2.2 so probably worth hanging on for that.

Cheers

Brian

Can't say for sure if it'll help you but I don't have any issues with the audio quality so it's definitely worth a shot. You might also consider getting rid of perfmod given a lot of the experts said it causes problems, including Steve himself!

Guest alert_bri
Can't say for sure if it'll help you but I don't have any issues with the audio quality so it's definitely worth a shot. You might also consider getting rid of perfmod given a lot of the experts said it causes problems, including Steve himself!

Thanks, I'll give Stephen another few days to get 1.9 out, try that and avoid perfmod... Fingers crossed we'll have a really stable build there.

Cheers

Brian

Guest itsjdmyo

anybody having problems with their 3g/gprs network being cutoff when you turn off the screen? i know this because when i'm using facebook chat and turn off my screen, i notice that it signs me off because my network connection would be cut off when i turn my screen off...

Guest majinvega

I've tried usining Z4 root, superoneclick, and continue to google anything on rooting a streak with the official 2.2 and I have found nothing as of yet. All of the links that I have found are for builds 1.6 through 2.1. Info on my phone are

Baseband: 34031-US

OEM: 34031

Build Number: 14844

Would really love to get back to Steve's custom Rom's but it's looking pretty bleek. If anyone here has gone from the US 2.2 update to one of Steve's Rom's I would be more than thankful if you hit me with a message to a link, or just let me know what you did. Thanks in advance yet again.

Guest macex

Hi All,

Apologies if this is the wrong thread to post this. Couldnt find the original 1.6.1 thread.

Am running Streakdroid 1.6.1 on my UK unlocked streak.

The 1.6.1 is very stable for me so am content to stay with it for now.

However am having this periodic niggling issue.

My streak fails to detect my default wifi time and again.

All my other devices connect and work without issues to this router.

Only the streak fails to connect.

IF I restart the router it seems to be able to connect. Then few days and then fails to connect.

The restart is not always under my control.

IF anyone knows the reason/solution for this, please do help me out.

Also never seemed to have this issue with original froyo. 3G is not an issue.

Guest nickshertzer
Hi All,

Apologies if this is the wrong thread to post this. Couldnt find the original 1.6.1 thread.

Am running Streakdroid 1.6.1 on my UK unlocked streak.

The 1.6.1 is very stable for me so am content to stay with it for now.

However am having this periodic niggling issue.

My streak fails to detect my default wifi time and again.

All my other devices connect and work without issues to this router.

Only the streak fails to connect.

IF I restart the router it seems to be able to connect. Then few days and then fails to connect.

The restart is not always under my control.

IF anyone knows the reason/solution for this, please do help me out.

Also never seemed to have this issue with original froyo. 3G is not an issue.

Try this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=907772

Works for me (fixes wifi hang on "obtaining IP address" or just says Disconnected)