Xoom Dump Now available

Guest wobblydoggy

Guest Lennyuk
Get it while you can !! Motorola have issued DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act) infringement notice's to XDA about this so all download links have been removed from XDA

yep, but we all know this won't stop anything, it might slow it down a little though.

This rom should be a good base to start doing a decent port for our vega's

Guest Lennyuk
First person to port, i will send a snickers and a creme egg as well as the 38p residing in my wallet

I am at work so can't look at it myself (not that I will be the best person anyway) but I am actively looking for people to do it :huh:

too bad most of the Gtab people are asleep due to time difference....

Guest HunteronX
I am at work so can't look at it myself (not that I will be the best person anyway) but I am actively looking for people to do it :huh:

too bad most of the Gtab people are asleep due to time difference....

I've got the dump, but we need the boot.img, which isn't included at the moment.

Guest AntiCatalyst
I've got the dump, but we need the boot.img, which isn't included at the moment.

Probably won't be long :huh: someone has to dump that too sooner or later..

Anyway, devs what do you think, what are the chances a working port being released any time soon? I mean, i know they share the same SOC, but how much does that help? Is it a matter of just flashing this in plug&play and then "just" getting the components(wifi, acc, touchinput) to work? or is there major porting that needs to be done before even getting it to boot?

Guest Sir Gash
Probably won't be long :huh: someone has to dump that too sooner or later..

Anyway, devs what do you think, what are the chances a working port being released any time soon? I mean, i know they share the same SOC, but how much does that help? Is it a matter of just flashing this in plug&play and then "just" getting the components(wifi, acc, touchinput) to work? or is there major porting that needs to be done before even getting it to boot?

Might be a while, what with all the DMCA takedowns by Motorola. Because of their attitude towards developers and tweakers with their horrible locked bootloaders and now this, I will never buy another Motorola device. They are becoming worse than Apple!

Guest wobblydoggy
Might be a while, what with all the DMCA takedowns by Motorola. Because of their attitude towards developers and tweakers with their horrible locked bootloaders and now this, I will never buy another Motorola device. They are becoming worse than Apple!

I'm sure most of us here now have a copy anyway :huh:

Guest AntiCatalyst
Do we even have the same SOC? I thought the Xoom has a Tegra T25 where as the Vega has a Tegra T20?

actually, the Vega seems to have a t25 as well.

At least if you can believe this Wiki article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_Tegra

(The POV Mobii listed under T25 is another OEM brand of the Advent Vega)

EDIT; Whoops, that list says T20 in the GPU section. But still, that just means the Xoom has a t20 too(assuming the article is correct)

EDIT AGAIN: yep, a quick google search turns up multiple sources for the Xoom SOC being a t20, and not a single one saying it's t25.

Edited by AntiCatalyst

At least if you can believe this Wiki article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_Tegra

EDIT; Whoops, that list says T20 in the GPU section. But still, that just means the Xoom has a t20 too(assuming the article is correct)

EDIT AGAIN: yep, a quick google search turns up multiple sources for the Xoom SOC being a t20, and not a single one saying it's t25.

The anandtech review of the Xoom today says it has a t20

Oh right! Yeah I was going by the description on the Dixons website (where it says T20). Pretty silly from me considering how wrong they were with their whole new commercial!!

Guest xathras

From Wikipedia article on Xoom:-

Unlockable

In February 23rd Motorola Mobility announced that the Motorola Xoom would break its policy of locking down its devices by providing the gadget with a "unlockable/relockable bootloader that will enable developers to access hardware for development" [7]

[7]^ "Motorola Mobility PR Twitter Account". Motorola Mobility, Inc. February 23, 2011. https://twitter.com/#%21/Motorola/status/40166376467341312. Retrieved 2011-02-23.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_Xoom

I was a bit disappointed today that the Xoom reviews all seemed to imply honeycomb still has a faint smell of beta about it...

Still, I'd put it on my Vega if I could!

Guest Lennyuk
I was a bit disappointed today that the Xoom reviews all seemed to imply honeycomb still has a faint smell of beta about it...

Still, I'd put it on my Vega if I could!

well its a first generation os of its kind, its always going to feel more "beta" then say android 2.3

I'm wondering whether the fact that the Xoom doesn't support microsd cards is because of the hardware or the software side of things. There's no real use of porting honeycomb if its the software and we can only use 512mb of space.

I'm wondering whether the fact that the Xoom doesn't support microsd cards is because of the hardware or the software side of things. There's no real use of porting honeycomb if its the software and we can only use 512mb of space.

I've seen it written a few places (but cannot cite quickly - sorry) that it's a software limitation that will be fixed fairly quickly. So probably by the time there's a usable Vega port (here's hoping...) the sd card problem will have been solved by Google or Moto. The Xoom certainly has a card slot.

Guest Sir Gash
xoom build prop attached just need boot.img now

Sweet! We're getting closer.

EDIT: I can't extract the file (using 7zip). Is it corrupt?

Edited by Sir Gash