Reset and Safe Mode

Guest Dubarley

Guest Dubarley

Hi

I am a complete novice and only bought my Vega yesterday. It has been hacked to use Apps Market and seems to be working fine. If I experience problems in the future is there a way to reset the tablet. Also is there a method to start the tablet in 'safe mode' to diagnose problems and fix them.

Regards Brian

Guest worto03
Hi

I am a complete novice and only bought my Vega yesterday. It has been hacked to use Apps Market and seems to be working fine. If I experience problems in the future is there a way to reset the tablet. Also is there a method to start the tablet in 'safe mode' to diagnose problems and fix them.

Regards Brian

It's very easy to reset, the doc on myadventvega called Advent Vega FULL software update manual in the downloads section shows you how to do it - once you've go the hang of it it can be done in a few mins.

Iv'e reset mine and my mates to 1.0.8 this week and each one took only a few mins. Then applied Pauls r8 from here on both of them which only took another 5 mins.

I have no idea on any sort of 'safe mode' I'm very new to this android milarky myself

Edited by worto03

• 1 month later...
Guest cupramole87
Hi

Regards Brian

hi

just like you i am all new to this, i have just loaded the r8-vega-update-modacocustomrom-unsigned and it has disabled all wifi and my ifile manager but has loaded usb mode and sound recorder. i placed the zip file on sd card and updated it off the vega in updates.

can you help ?

regards matt

Guest Dave Marchant
hi

just like you i am all new to this, i have just loaded the r8-vega-update-modacocustomrom-unsigned and it has disabled all wifi and my ifile manager but has loaded usb mode and sound recorder. i placed the zip file on sd card and updated it off the vega in updates.

can you help ?

regards matt

If you use the USB Mode on a 1.09 system it will mess up WiFi and you will need to reinstall 1.09 again. USB mode only works With 1.08.