Good News! Huawei will publishes the drivers for U8220(WIFI\Bluetooth\Camera\Senser\multi-touch(uncertainty) and so on) on next Monday

Guest In storage丶Memories

Guest In storage丶Memories

Good News! Huawei will publishes the drivers for U8220(WIFI\Bluetooth\Camera\Senser\multi-touch(uncertainty) and so on) on next Monday

I hope Tom can see this topic. Our future is counting on you. (i am a Chinese, i can not speak English well.Sorry)

each professional takes notice please , i wish we can have a perfect rom of 2.2.

if HuaWei public the drivers , i will public the drivers here soon.

i wish they can public the multi-touch driver.

Edited by In storage丶Memories

I hope Tom can see this topic. Our future is counting on you. (i am a Chinese, i can not speak English well.Sorry)

each professional takes notice please , i wish we can have a perfect rom of 2.2.

Before posting,pls check for duplicate

pls look here

Guest david_dawkins
Before posting,pls check for duplicate

pls look here

You've just referred the original poster to a duped thread. I personally could do without all the thread policing that's going on. It's dead enough as it is.

Guest uttec.com

在国内论坛丢脸就算了,现在还跑国外论坛来丢。搞清楚状

Guest darkdevil1

I'll believe it when I see it. I've already lost all my faith/respect in Huawei and will never get another one of their phones.

Edited by darkdevil1

Guest thisweb

Any chance one of our Chinese friends here can translate exactly what Huawei said...Google translate is hopeless. Are we sure this is the manufacturer saying this? It all sounds to good to be true! Did they specify which drivers they are releasing.

I assume this is the link people are referring too, saddly I can't read any of it :huh:

http://developer.huaweidevice.com/bbs/view...;extra=page%3D1

Also if true , will this help camera issue in froyo?

Guest thisweb

Any chance one of our Chinese friends here can translate exactly what Huawei said...Google translate is hopeless. Are we sure this is the manufacturer saying this? It all sounds to good to be true! Did they specify which drivers they are releasing.

I assume this is the link people are referring too, saddly I can't read any of it :huh:

Guest CarpetDiem

The following is my translation(I'm a Chinese,you may have problem understanding the translation due to my poor English.Sorry for that ,and please feel free to ask) :

"In order to satisfy your interest in developing,besides WiFi and bluetooth,please tell us what else drivers are of your request.These drivers will be released in this thread in the near future,please hold your attention.

Confirmed now,releasing is in process.You will see them next Monday."

PS:I think the word "Confirmed" refers to the types of drivers they will release,"in process" probably indicates that they don't want their weekend interrupted so the releasing "should" be delayed until next Monday. >_<

As for the reliability,I can tell you for sure,the poster is an official stuff of huawei,that is,huawei will release the drivers beyond doubt.But what I'm really worrying about is that what kinds of drivers they are going to release,are the codecs fully open and useful enough for developing since devs for pulse are really "run out"

Regards

Edited by CarpetDiem

Guest eckengucker1
The following is my translation(I'm a Chinese,you may have problem understanding the translation due to my poor English.Sorry for that ,and please feel free to ask) :

"In order to satisfy your interest in developing,besides WiFi and bluetooth,please tell us what else drivers are of your request.These drivers will be released in this thread in the near future,please hold your attention.

PS:I think the word "Confirmed" refers to the types of drivers they will release,"in process" probably indicates that they don't want their weekend interrupted so the releasing "should" be delayed until next Monday. >_<

As for the reliability,I can tell you for sure,the poster is an official stuff of huawei,that is,huawei will release the drivers beyond doubt.But what I'm really worrying about is that what kinds of drivers they are going to release,are the codecs fully open and useful enough for developing since devs for pulse are really "run out"

Regards

Your english isn't poor! Thank you for your translation. It's miles better than the google translation.

Guest Dante2070
dual-touch driver (touchscreen firmware)

main camera driver

front camera driver

+ all stuff connected with 2.6.32 kernel

multitouch and front camera driver ftw!

Guest thisweb

Regards

Thanks very much for this info. That sheds more light on it. Looking forward to the release, we may need you to pressure them if the don't tho!! :huh:

Guest thisweb
multitouch and front camera driver ftw!

I think thats a request. I doubt they will release thos. Would be nice... can anyone who speaks chinese put a request in on the Huawei forum for us?

Guest Froyo's

GOOD NEWS!

2011.2.28,HUAWEI COMPANY HAS RELEASED MOST DRIVERS OF U8220/PULSE, PLASE SEE THE BELOW LINK,IF ANYONE NEED THE ATTACHMENT, PLEASE GIVE ME MESSAGES, I WILL SEND THEM ASAP!

http://developer.huaweidevice.com/bbs/view...;extra=page%3D1, this is huawei link;

2.1ROM Kernel, include most of drivers

link: http://www.huaweidevice.com/tcps ... 29-U82x0-Ecalir.zip(84.8M)

2.2 ROM Wifi atheros Chips driver

atheros_wifi_driver-eclair.tar.gz (462 KB)

2.3 ROM HAL layer(provide BIN ):

U8220_HAL.rar (1.88 MB)

include GSensor,Compass(sensors.default.so),GPS(libhardware_legacy.so,libgps.so), Camera(libmmcamera.so libcamera.so),Audio(libaudiopolicy.so libaudio.so )HAL layer parts, and the changes of Qualcom on HAL layer(bluetooth,GPS,Camera,Audio,Video and so on)

GOOD NEWS!

2011.2.28,HUAWEI COMPANY HAS RELEASED MOST DRIVERS OF U8220/PULSE, PLASE SEE THE BELOW LINK,IF ANYONE NEED THE ATTACHMENT, PLEASE GIVE ME MESSAGES, I WILL SEND THEM ASAP!

http://developer.huaweidevice.com/bbs/view...;extra=page%3D1, this is huawei link;

2.1ROM Kernel, include most of drivers

link: http://www.huaweidevice.com/tcps ... 29-U82x0-Ecalir.zip(84.8M)

2.2 ROM Wifi atheros Chips driver

atheros_wifi_driver-eclair.tar.gz (462 KB)

2.3 ROM HAL layer(provide BIN ):

U8220_HAL.rar (1.88 MB)

include GSensor,Compass(sensors.default.so),GPS(libhardware_legacy.so,libgps.so), Camera(libmmcamera.so libcamera.so),Audio(libaudiopolicy.so libaudio.so )HAL layer parts, and the changes of Qualcom on HAL layer(bluetooth,GPS,Camera,Audio,Video and so on)

However, no multi-touch drive!

Guest Simon O

Because it is difficult to register and download the files I have downloaded them and mirrored them at multiupload here http://www.multiupload.com/NLA7RVFB9A

The U8220.zip contains the Atheros wifi driver and HAL Layer code. The kernel is the same code that has been available for a while now. There is no Froyo kernel or code for the U8220 :huh:

Update: turns out that the HAL files are just the proprietary libs which are already available from roms. So it seems after all this waiting we end up with some files we already have.

Edited by flibblesan

Because it is difficult to register and download the files I have downloaded them and mirrored them at multiupload here http://www.multiupload.com/NLA7RVFB9A

The U8220.zip contains the Atheros wifi driver and HAL Layer code. The kernel is the same code that has been available for a while now. There is no Froyo kernel or code for the U8220 :huh:

Update: turns out that the HAL files are just the proprietary libs which are already available from roms. So it seems after all this waiting we end up with some files we already have.

Just like what you said. We should ask huawei to provide what? Open code seems to be very difficult to them.

Hi~ everyone,

I'm a chinese and don't speak English well (sorry for that :huh: ). I have no idea about what to ask for the driver that is helpful to update our U8200. However, just like other chinese people, we are very glad to translate you professional guy's request to Huawei if you need. So, please feel free to let us know.

go go go!! we want froyo.

Sincerely,

Edited by funss

Guest Sh4d0w940
Hi~ everyone,

I'm a chinese and don't speak English well (sorry for that :huh: ). I have no idea about what to ask for the driver that is helpful to update our U8200. However, just like other chinese people, we are very glad to translate you professional guy's request to Huawei if you need. So, please feel free to let us know.

go go go!! we want froyo.

Sincerely,

If you want, you can request the source code for the drivers. Because like flibblesan said the files they gave us now were already available and we can't port those to a newer kernel.

With the source however, it should be possible to compile the drivers for the .32 kernel and then froyo would run much better.

Also support for the front camera might be added to the roms.

Sh4d0w940