Need a2sd

Guest Dante2070

Guest Dante2070

I'd like to free up some internal space and after browsing around I found out that moving the dalvik cache to the sd card is quite the space maker. Here and on some other forums people said just to do "a2sd chachesd".

I tried that in term (terminal emulator) but I got the error "can't find a2sd". I download an app from the market with the same name, but it didn't help. Can anyone tell me where I can find a2sd?

I'm using the Android 2.2 cyanogen mod for pulse from here.

Guest mikeb90

you've to do this actions:

1)download DTa2sd

2)flash it with Clockwork Recovery (by selecting it from "installing zips from sd", then of course you've to put it in the sd XD)

3)than launch the command:

su (press enter to give the command)

a2sd cachesd(press enter to give the command)

however THIS is the pulse's bible... check it every time when you've some problems :huh:

PS: afterall.... i'd like you to say.... it's not worth to move the dalvikcache on SDcard.... it'll get you cellphone very very slower than before... but however install DTA2SD, it'll be of course usefull :)if i've been not so good at explaining something write here or in a private message.... :)

Edited by mikeb90

Guest Dante2070

EDIT: It did not work as hoped. "Cannot move dalvik-cache to SD card", apperantly because "Mounting ext partition failed", "Swap block device not found", "Swap not active" and "EXT partition not mounted".

Do I need to install Swap?

Edited by Dante2070

Guest eckengucker1
EDIT: It did not work as hoped. "Cannot move dalvik-cache to SD card", apperantly because "Mounting ext partition failed", "Swap block device not found", "Swap not active" and "EXT partition not mounted".

Do I need to install Swap?

search ==> beginner guide

Guest mikeb90

as eckengucker1 said.... you'd better use the search tool.... and the ultimate pulse's guide.... however... i can answer to your question:

it's better to have a swap partition, becouse of problems with sms, they don't arrive without it... that's very annoying... so you have to partition your Sdcard ... search in the topic how to do it... it'd be better to have a linux pc....

Guest Dante2070

I finally got it all right, just to find out that it makes my pulse insanely slow. At least I learned something :huh:

Edited by Dante2070

I finally got it all right, just to find out that it makes my pulse insanely slow. At least I learned something :huh:

Had the exact same problem. (see my thread)

DTa2sd has some interesting options to remedy this though.

To access these go to the terminal app and open a window.

Type "su" for su access

Type "a2sd" for list of options.

Swappy and lowmemkiller are the ones you want to adjust.

Type "a2sd swappyxx" (xx being a number between 1-99, --> experiment with a value that suits your phone)

Type "a2sd low-memkiller default"

This should speed up and stabilise your phone no end.

Bonus: About 25 MB more free internal memory.

Guest Dante2070

I tried it out and it helped actually a lot. But after an hour I still can't get it to be as fast as before, which was not optimal either. I'll give it a try again in the next few days.