sim unlock

Guest h3dshot

Guest h3dshot

hi guys ive decided to move away from tmobile due to s*** signal and others such as giff gaff being cheaper

i want to use the service linked on this website i have the imei

but when i put in another sim i dont get any messages for sim unlock codes:S

am i doing something wrong or is there a submenu somewhere?

thanks alot

Guest h3dshot
i had the same problem....

the message showed up after I manually searched and connected to the other carrier network

hope it helps

thanks i tried that the new sim is orange although im not intending to go to orange, but "unable to connect to this network at this time. please try again later" :S

Guest h3dshot

thanks alot, looks like im going to have to. i ordered an ismartsim from deal extreme on teh 2nd Feb and its apparently been shipped but i havent recieved it...

oh well i'll give ebay a bash.

thanks again :huh:

Guest Dante2070

Dealextreme takes about a month to deliver, from the day the item has been shipped (not the day you placed the order). I suggest you wait until the end of next week.

Guest El Nino9
thanks alot, looks like im going to have to. i ordered an ismartsim from deal extreme on teh 2nd Feb and its apparently been shipped but i havent recieved it...

oh well i'll give ebay a bash.

thanks again :huh:

errm what rom are you using?if you are using CM based roms it wont pop up to enter the unlock code.

you have to use orignal firmware then you get it. i.e. use FLB rom or flash the december update again and then re root (creat a nandroid before playing about)

its just the way it is with this phone.

i purchased the unlock code early this month and was running cm 6 0.4 by tom g but i had a nandroid of the tmobile official rom so just restored to that and entered code

also tmobile and orange haven't fully merged with each other yet. you can use each others signal but you will be roaming. so if you stick in your orange sim card it still requires to be unlocked, i.e. it will pop up if the sim is active i believe.

Guest h3dshot
errm what rom are you using?if you are using CM based roms it wont pop up to enter the unlock code.

you have to use orignal firmware then you get it. i.e. use FLB rom or flash the december update again and then re root (creat a nandroid before playing about)

its just the way it is with this phone.

i purchased the unlock code early this month and was running cm 6 0.4 by tom g but i had a nandroid of the tmobile official rom so just restored to that and entered code

also tmobile and orange haven't fully merged with each other yet. you can use each others signal but you will be roaming. so if you stick in your orange sim card it still requires to be unlocked, i.e. it will pop up if the sim is active i believe.

oh that explains alot! im using the latest cm6 :huh: ill do a nandroid of my current rom and go back to an flb just to unlock, then is it possible to nandroid restore to my current cm6?

Guest h3dshot
Dealextreme takes about a month to deliver, from the day the item has been shipped (not the day you placed the order). I suggest you wait until the end of next week.

oh dear that is an abysmal delivery time, wont be using them again :huh:

Guest El Nino9
oh that explains alot! im using the latest cm6 :huh: ill do a nandroid of my current rom and go back to an flb just to unlock, then is it possible to nandroid restore to my current cm6?

yes that is correct. you can do a nandroid back up of your current rom, then flash flb rom and then shut down your phone. remove battery. put in another simcard. swtich on and it will ask you for the code you purchased. once entered it will unlock the phone. then shut down/reboot into recovery. do a wipe and then do a restore. you should be set to go

oh dear that is an abysmal delivery time, wont be using them again :)

LOL its like a month...